Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: My LG1400 review:

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)

My LG1400 review:

I've used the LG 1400 now for a week and would like to put up this review. I'm using a Rogers official LG 1400.
    http://www.shoprogers.com/business/w...1400&summary=1

Reception
    Nothing to spectacular to report here. The phone is average. It had frame errors and poor audio much earlier then my V3/6230b when going into weaker areas and garbles up in the Cantina. It seems to also suffer from poor handoffs as well, similar to the E316, where as you're moving it changes towers to late, or sometimes not at all causing the call to drop. I tried many poor areas with the LG vs 6230b/V3 on several different days and it was poor every time.

I can't find documentation stating that this is a PC4 phone, and it very well may not be with the performance of it. It's like the LG 4010 I used before it. Looked good, but actually wasn't pretty mediocre.

Cantina test
    The phone worked, it had audio problems though Just like the LG 4010 before it. because most every other phone I've tested worked in the Cantina without major issue I'd have to fail this phone simply because it can't do what the other testers could.. Maintain a call cleanly.

SOund quality
    the sound quality, when not poorly handing off or dropping calls, was actually good. a little to much treble though but I liked it overall. Volume was more then loud for my liking so if you need a loud phone, this phone will do.

Camera
    The Camera really doesn't impress me.
    it has a few different modes and effectts. These shots are using auto whitebalance but the images doesn't get any better with the other modes.. It's probably one of the worst I can remember. i'll attach some pictures and let you decide for yourselves.

Aesthetics

The phone does look good in my opinion. It's actually suprisingly lightweight since it looks like a heavy phone. The outer LCD is an organic coloured EL type display. Pioneer high end car radio's use this to for a rough idea but seem to be blue only from my recollection.

screens
    The outer LCD is nice. Organic EL. displays info cleanly as well.
    it was one of the first things that drew my attention to the LG 1400 quite honestly.

The Inner LCD is nice and bright as seems to be the norm for LG coloured product. It's one of the better screens in a phone I've seen.

Menu
    the menu, while neatly laid out and logical, is quite slow.
    It honestly takes quite a while to select a picture to send VIA mms because of the slow response time of the phone.

If you select a pic in the gallery, then select send, a good 4 seconds pass before it asks the #. you then put the number in and press menu to selet send again and anther 3 seconds pass by.. it's not fast by any stretch of the imagination. It's actually a very slow phone for most anything. Writing a SMS, replying, Wap surfing. IF you're not a speed deamon you won't mind, but if you use phones quickly this could turn you right off the LG 1400.

phonebook
    standard stuff here really. Nothing to exciting. it only supports 3 types. Home, mobile, office and there doesn't seem to be any sim/phone controll at all if you want to copy from sim to phone, for example. I assume this is what the LG pc sync is for but I gave up trying to get it to work, keep reading why.

SMS
    The sms system is T9.
    However it's confusing. when you're writing a SMS you use 0 to space, but when in wap, you use the right arrow to space since 0 seems to cycle the next word. Beats me why this is done.. Maybe it's a remnant of how they did things prior?.. I dunno.

Connectivity
    The phone has an IR port. However, trying to get the phone to synch with outlook was so much of a nightmare I gave up. I downloaded the software from LG, set up my IR port on the PC, and loaded up the LG pc sync. the Program would see my outlook entries, but there was absolutely no way to send them over to the phone. I connected the phone to IR, the computer saw the phone, everything saw the phone except the LG program.. I gave up. if you're looking for outlook connectivity in a phone, this LG isn't for you.

Battery
    Much like the previous parts of this review the battery isn't to positive either. I would get a day useage out of it with medium usage. If I had to give my usage a quantity I'd say 30 mins of talktime, about 20 sms and some light hofo wap browing. it would always require a charge that night when I got home. Now, I'm of the mindset that you charge a phone everyday anyway and dno't want to start a pointless debate with people who think they should only charge the phone if low. The fact is, if you were to use this phone the next day without a charge I highly doubt it would make it the whole day if you use your phone as I've described above.

Ratings:
    Performance......................5
    Build quality....................6
    battery life.......................5
    Features for $...................3
    software..........................3

Overall..............4
    * i have a hard time recommending this phone at it's $149.99 price point. It really doesn't offer anything to be priced up there quite honestly. Even the Camera, it's only feature, are lackluster.
    It's reception is mediocre, it's battery life is worse then the V551 affected with that SW issue, and the menu system slows the whole phone down to a crawl.

Pro's
    *The screens are top quality
    *the phone is quite loud, but treble heavy
    *build quality is solid

con's
    *Battery life is poor
    *features are few, just has camera
    *menu is way to slow when doing things
    *WAP browser chokes on many threads on hofo
    *phonebook is to simple
    *outlook sync is a nightmare
    *IR port can only be used for outlook sync
    *Price. Way to high for what you get in the phone
    Last edited by Treatz; 03-30-2005 at 04:57 PM.

Device(s)
    3gsssssssssssss
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    phonebook grouping... better then moto then

Resistance is Futile! get the nokia n8 housing for your iphone lol
    from nokiaconversations

Twitter me

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6 Plus
    Carrier(s)
    Chunghwa Telecom
    Feedback Score
    you guys gotta stop making silly spelling error between 'than' and 'then'.

Device(s)
    SONY EXSPEAREAH X10 rooted on v2.2 and the LG Optimus on Wind Mobile
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Holishi
    are you one of them highschool geeks who got 104% on the english final?

Signed,

Mi faill englihsh, thaats unposssible!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G White
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular Solution - Rogers Communications
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by THE ASSASSIN

Signed,

it's inpossible!!

kalok~
    kalok Wireless
    My World, Right Now.

HoFo FeedBacks
    My ROKR E1 Review | My 6620 Review | My Rogers MobileTV Review
    850mhz was a must for Rogers Wireless, but now it has became a plus for GSM Canada!

Device(s)
    Nokia 6230B + HS820
    Carrier(s)
    ROGERS WIRELESS
    Feedback Score
    Haven't ordered any and don't plan to either. I've got absolutely no demand for it.

Mind you, I'd decided this when the phone was released.

Anyone want any 1150's btw??

Dartmouth, NS - Mad Seeg Capital of Atlantic Canada
    Device(s)
    BB Bold
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless, the only PROvider.
    Feedback Score
    Between this review and the "fun" of trying to get the AWS/Cingular ones working, it's my somewhat naive opinion that LG should just stick to CDMA phones.

I can't think of a single redeeming feature their GSM models have (aside from going Emergency Only or needing antenna attachments).

Carrier(s)
    Fido... I mean rogers...whatever it's all the same
    Feedback Score
    OMFG... hope no one goes for that phone

Device(s)
    doubleyou-eight-ten-eye
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by Holishi
    ++

Device(s)
    IR GS BL00D Phone X N0 B.efore C.hrist E.ntity.. |nfinite HELLUS™ TnT $pawn + Ted§ Hell Hound TˇTher
    Carrier(s)
    M¤ther Nature !... @SS2MOUTH Death 0f SELFie -> HardWare Opiates
    Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Is this a LG Phone Review or eh ESL class??

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G White
    Carrier(s)
    Cellular Solution - Rogers Communications
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by DOCTOR PLEASER
    Haven't ordered any and don't plan to either. I've got absolutely no demand for it.

Mind you, I'd decided this when the phone was released.

Anyone want any 1150's btw??
    What's 1150??

kalok~

Device(s)
    Apple
    Carrier(s)
    Fido/Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by THE ASSASSIN

Signed,

Even kids in grade 5 know the difference between their, they're, and there. There's really no excuse for an adult not to.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    So, this is like that? How is that better than this then that? Correct me if I am wrong but that doesn't seems to go with that then this? D'oh!

Last edited by DerekToronto; 04-28-2005 at 08:24 PM.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Getting back to this thread's topic... Rogers must had good sales from the other LGs to bring this model out. Don't you think?

Device(s)
    •—Apple iPhone 6
    Carrier(s)
    ◄ Fido ►
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DerekToronto
    Getting back to this thread's topic... Rogers must had good sales from the other LGs to bring this model out. Don't you think?
    This LG is nice:
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are strictly my own.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast