Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: 64k vs 32k sim cards

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    That's great! That will put an end to the fact that you couldn't buy a Californian SIM and activate it in NYC.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G S (16GB black)
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Is 310-380 ATTW? Where I live, that is the only "Cingular" network I can select via manual network select (the other is t-Mobile). As I've been w/ Cing for a whole week as of today, I do have the 64k SIM card.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by feverfive
    Is 310-380 ATTW?
    Yes
    -kilo <<I used to work as a Customer Service Representative and then as a Tier II Technical Support Representative for Cingular Wireless LLC most of my info you can associate with TX OK AR KS MO>>

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by kilo
    incidentally, the "one single Smartchip" was announced today to be sold through all channels. I'm not sure what they were going to do with the old stock

one step closer to just one MNC, yay!
    The old stock will be used until they are gone or the PacBell, BellSouth Mobility DCS and the other billing system are changed to not allow the older stock to be entered into the system for use.

This would require the these systems to be merged or phased over to the Nationwide billing system they are hoping to get after all these years of having three or more billing systems that cannot work together.

Eventually the 310-41 MNC will be the only one that Cingular uses just like how 310-38 was for AT&T Wireless and 310-26 is for T-Mobile.

Originally posted by bobolito
    That's great! That will put an end to the fact that you couldn't buy a Californian SIM and activate it in NYC.
    From what someone from the California market was able to do, was buy a non-Cingular West SIM (89014101 version instead of a 89310170 version) and called in to activate it on his California account. He did mention that his phone displays the roaming icon though, but works just fine and nothing on his bills indicate otherwise.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular--the new at&t
    Feedback Score
    IMHO if the SIM is 64K that we, as Cingular customers, should be able to store more numbers on that SIM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 6S Plus Apple iPhone 6S Plus
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Word order

Quote Originally Posted by Esc
    What are MNC slots? I have a 32k card (I think, it just says Cingular on it) and the only prob I have is that it gets filled up with texts messages quickly, and can only save one number to each name. Can the new card save multiple numbers to a name like the phone memory?

One more question, I have a Nokia 6230b, will getting a 64k card benefit me in any way?
    All SIM cards save only one phone number per name. They will not save email addresses or notes. The new phones allow you to copy those duplicate names to phone memory without adding extra characters at the end to tell one from the other. You have to place the contacts in phone memory to assign phone-specific characteristics to a contacts. These may include ringtones, type of phone, photo IDs, email addresses, voice tags, caller groups and colored LED signals. These features vary by phone model. Older phones will add a character after the names so you might have John, John1 and John$.
    Earl F. Parrish

Device(s)
    Motorola V400
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I just got a new SIM card a couple of days ago and have been thoroughly disappointed with the reception my phone now gets. My previous SIM card was from 1998 (Pac Bell Wireless) and only worked on 1900 mhz networks. I needed a new card so my phone will work when I go to Portland and other places that only have the 850 mhz network. Now my reception has gone from great to horrible. Dropped calls, fluctuating signal levels, etc. I still have my old card and am considering trying to get it reactivated so that I can have great reception in my area and just not be bothered on vacation. Unless of course anyone knows how to manually select the 1900 mhz on a motorola v400 phone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hockeyinsd
    I just got a new SIM card a couple of days ago and have been thoroughly disappointed with the reception my phone now gets. My previous SIM card was from 1998 (Pac Bell Wireless) and only worked on 1900 mhz networks. I needed a new card so my phone will work when I go to Portland and other places that only have the 850 mhz network. Now my reception has gone from great to horrible. Dropped calls, fluctuating signal levels, etc. I still have my old card and am considering trying to get it reactivated so that I can have great reception in my area and just not be bothered on vacation. Unless of course anyone knows how to manually select the 1900 mhz on a motorola v400 phone.
    You can't select "1900 only" on a V400, but you can use manual network selection (seem edit) to control what network you stay registered on. Take a look at xlr8's website for more information on how to seem edit: http://www.xlr8.us/hofo/

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    If you have a problem "anywhere and at all times", the first suggestion is to try different equipment.

Well I supposed the first suggestion would be to try calling Customer Service. And if it happens everywhere and at all times they will tell you to try different equipment. Likely you will have to do this through the warranty exchanage program.

I would say try all that before modifying your phone in such a way that may void the warranty

Device(s)
    Black Razor V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    is there a sim card with bigger storage than 64k..maybe 128k?

Los Angeles - San Diego - Tijuana / D.F. - Puebla
    Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / iusacell MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dcmetro
    is there a sim card with bigger storage than 64k..maybe 128k?
    Yes, 128k SIM cards do exist. Not on Cingular though.

Device(s)
    Black Razor V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    oh ok. Wish they did. 250 entreis in phone are not enough for me.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    I don't believe Cingular sells one at this time. You might be able to find something like that overseas.

Device(s)
    Nokia Lumia 920
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Family Talk 700- 5 Lines
    Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Actually I believe Nextel now uses 128K SIMs.
    ▼Visit my Blog▼

▲..................▲

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 7290
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless;
    Feedback Score
    It appears you are correct sir:
    http://www.google.com/search?q=128k+sims

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast