Thread: HP iPaq HW6500 almost in town!!!

Device(s)
    SE K700i
    Carrier(s)
    Batelco
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up HP iPaq HW6500 almost in town!!!

Just read the news on msmobiles.com & mobile-review.com that the new mobile messenger from HP will be out very soon..

http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3741.html
    http://www.mobile-review.com/pda/art...w6500-en.shtml

GPS ( no Wifi tough )

I already have the Jam, but I tell you with my big fingers, it's almost impossible to use the touch screen on the move ( like in the car - on a traffic light, not while driving )..
    So I'm left with either this choice (the HP) or the upcoming Samsung, or the upcoming SPV-C550 (the latter seems more appealing to me).. Your thoughts on the subject are greatly appreciated..

Device(s)
    Sony Ericsson Xperia X1i (HTC Kovsky)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Canada) | Vodaphone (Australia) | M1 (Singapore) | AIS One-2-Call (Thailand) | AT&T (USA)
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    HTC Touch HD (i7500 coming soon)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'll never be a beta tester for HP again. I'll let you guys test this one out before I jump in.

Because of the Jam, I'll have a hard time going back to something bigger.

Feedback Score
    Is it really that hard to use a JAM with one hand?? I currently have a treo 600 and dialing in the car and one handed use would be a requirement for me to switch over to the JAM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers (Canada) | Vodaphone (Australia) | M1 (Singapore) | AIS One-2-Call (Thailand) | AT&T (USA)
    Feedback Score
    jehlinger can i be the tester in your place LOL

Device(s)
    Motorola Droid
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    who do you think the carrier is going to be?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    that is an excellent question...all i know is im reading the manual now

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    well while reading the manual, the phone has auto detection (selection) like the treo 650 (its really cool). You select your provider and such

based on the screenshot there is the following for the US:
    AT&T
    Cingular
    Orange DO
    T-Mobile US
    Verizon (explain that one to me LOL)

i wish they had a complete list

Device(s)
    iMate K-Jam, HTC s620
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I dunno. I bought the keyboard expansion sleeve for my iPAQ 5555 and that is the most useless thing I've ever purchased. It is slower to type with it than the onscreen keyboard using my nose to hold the stylus. If the system is the same, I'll never use anything HP makes with an integrated keyboard. You have to depress the key and lift your finger off each key before you press the next. Also, they put many highly used keys as multi-press keys (to use a comma or period, you have to hit FCN 7 or something like that).

TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT FOLKS!

-K

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by suniljm
    Is it really that hard to use a JAM with one hand?? I currently have a treo 600 and dialing in the car and one handed use would be a requirement for me to switch over to the JAM.
    It's not hard, pretty easy to dial with one hand, you can use voice command etc. or phone dialer which has smart access to all your contacts.

The JAM however doesn't have a keyboard, I use a full-screen keyboard as a work-around, but of course you have to activate it which can be tricky without using your stylus.

hofomofo

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (PalmOne Treo 650 GSM: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Originally posted by Kid1972
    I dunno. I bought the keyboard expansion sleeve for my iPAQ 5555 and that is the most useless thing I've ever purchased. It is slower to type with it than the onscreen keyboard using my nose to hold the stylus. If the system is the same, I'll never use anything HP makes with an integrated keyboard. You have to depress the key and lift your finger off each key before you press the next. Also, they put many highly used keys as multi-press keys (to use a comma or period, you have to hit FCN 7 or something like that).

TRY IT BEFORE YOU BUY IT FOLKS!

-K
    I don't understand why you had problem. right now I am typing with my treo 650 with the stylus out in my right hand holding it as if I was holding a cigarette (i don't smoke). the key typing well wouldn't you have to depress the key to type a letter or character.

again I don't understand

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (PalmOne Treo 650 GSM: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows 98; PalmSource/hspr-H102; Blazer/4.0) 16;320x320)

Originally posted by jehlinger
    Originally posted by suniljm
    It's not hard, pretty easy to dial with one hand, you can use voice command etc. or phone dialer which has smart access to all your contacts.

The JAM however doesn't have a keyboard, I use a full-screen keyboard as a work-around, but of course you have to activate it which can be tricky without using your stylus.

hofomofo
    hehe I'm gonna take that as a no lol

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I'm not an actual beta tester, but I usually get most devices so quickly (connections) that I might as well be one.

I do have to pay for them though.

What I really meant was that I would wait for some others feedback from the forum before I took the plunge with HP again.

It might be promising though, if HTC is indeed the mfr. The processor I heard is still SLOOWWW though.