Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another Retention Thread......

Device(s)
    Sanyo VM4500
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score

Question Another Retention Thread......

I just got a retention plan after 2 years. Got the 750/3000/8pm for $40. Also got a $100 equipment credit even tho I supposedly didn't qualify for it. Anyway, the CSR I spoke with said she wasn't sure if I could add Vision to that plan. Seems everywhere I look I'm gettin really mixed responses as to whether retention can be added to these plans. Here the general consensus is that they can but over on the SprintUsers forums they are very mixed.

"The Supervisor I talked to(Who was verry nice, and
    explained every thing very easy) said it can't be done, and any one who has
    had a rep force the change through, will probobly not get the service as
    ordered."-From SprintUsers forum.

Anyhow, I like the plan but I hope I'm hosing myself w/ Vision. The conclusion I'm coming to is that its very hit-or-miss on this one.
    Life sucks and then you die....
    I'm paid to work undertime.

Device(s)
    Handspring Treo 300
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    I got offered the same retention plan after 2.5 years.

I wanted vision and told the person so -- they said vision wasn't compatible with that plan. So he made me other offers on vision plans, most of which included the usual unlimited n/w.

Device(s)
    Treo 650
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    I'll say it once again: You can add Vision to a retention plan! Supervisor or not, it doesn't matter! If they say you can't add it, they are either misinformed or have not been brought up to speed, simple as that.

Device(s)
    Handspring Treo 300
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    Well what exactly is the definition of a retention plan?

If it's a plan modified by the retention department to keep a customer, then yes, you can get vision with it.

I was offered 800 anytime, 500 pcs to pcs, unlimited n/w, unlimited vision, and $100 credit towards phone for $55/month ($45 for first three months).

However, before I started talking about vision, they had made me an initial offer of 750 anytime, 3000 n/w 8pm. When I told them I wanted vision, they said it was imcompatible, but they could negotiate with me on a vision plan.

Device(s)
    Sanyo VM4500
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    Duly noted. You guys rock. She did say something about it being an older plan and not able to have Vision. We'll see when I get that 5300 in my grubby hands.

Device(s)
    Handspring Treo 300
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    BTW, I got the offer I took on the second call. I'm pretty sure if someone wanted to push for it over a few more days, they could get at least a little more than what I got. But what I got is all I need -- what I use, plus some breathing room so I don't get overusage charged. I'm happy.

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have the 1300anytime/3000n&w/500pcs min retention plan...the rep didnt want to, but she added unlimited vision for $10 to my plan!!! for real!!!

She tried to con me at first into getting a new retention plan,, it was 1200anytime/unlimited n&w (9pm) for $60,,this plan included unlimited vision, she said that she could move the start time back to 8pm, and give me FIRST INCOMMING MINUTE FREE to offset the less minutes..

I told her that I really liked my plan, I just wanted to add vision to it...she said she didnt know if the system would take it,,,she asked me if I wanted her to try...so i said YEA... And she was like "wow,,im impressed,,it actually worked"..

I AM NOT BS'ing ...this is true, ACCURATE information....

IT EVEN COMES UP ON MY "PLAN SUMMARY PAGE", it says "unlimited vision.....$10"

By the way , she added it IMMEDIATELY in the middle of my billing cycle,,and it didnt mess up *4... At first she had it in the system to start on the 21st of next month...then she put it in to start immediately (the 25th of october)...

Device(s)
    Sanyo 4900
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS
    Feedback Score
    FWIW, I called yesterday (10/31) to see what would happen. I currently have a Samsung 3500 and a 510 Air Card. I told them that I wanted to drop the Air Card and was seriously considering dropping my phone too since I have been really disappointed in the dropped calls and dead zones (which is completely true - I can barely get a signal at my house and will change providers if getting a new phone doesn't fix it).

Anyway, she offered me 750 anytime, 4000 n/w (8:00) for $40. I asked her about vision and was told no on that plan, but she could give me 700 anytime, unl n/w (9:00) and unl. Vision for $40 ($50 after 3 months). I then told her that I really didn't need that many minutes and kind of liked their base plan and if she could just sweeten it a little. She basically gave me the new base $30/$40 unl. Vision plan, but added 200 minutes (bring me to 500 anytime) and I asked if I could keep my 500 PCS-Pcs minutes and was told I could. She said no to 8:00 nights, but I'll probably ask again if/when I take them up on it.

Pound-for-pound, it's not as good as the first or second offer, but there was no need for me to pay an extra $10 a month for minutes I won't come close to using.

Also, I was not offered any kind of service or equipment credit. I asked, but was told to check the website (there are none there that I can see). Just for grins, I called again later yesterday afternoon and was told the same thing by someone else. I just hope they announce this new "secret" program today, because I need to get the new phone NOW (I want the 4900). My month ends on the 4th and I want to test the reception before I commit to the new plan and another year.

Device(s)
    Samsung A900
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS since 1/97
    Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with Sprint... I landed with:

$85.00/Mo. for:

2000 Peak
    Unlimited Offpeak, 8pm
    Unlimited Vision
    Unlimited PCS-PCS
    60 minutes free off-network roaming per month

She also threw in a $100 equipment credit.

This is a f*ckin' great deal, I think!

Device(s)
    Sanyo 4900
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    I just called and for a share plan,

$60/mo
    800 (1yr), 1100 (2 yr)
    unl. N&W 9pm
    1000 pcs2pcs (1yr), unl. pcs2pcs (2yr)

She said she would allow unlimited vision for both phones for $10/mo.

She would not allow 8pm N&w because the system would not allow her. I spoke with the Retention Department. Should I try speaking with a regular rep?

Device(s)
    Samsung A900
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS since 1/97
    Feedback Score
    Maybe. I tried to add a phone to my 8pm nights retention plan, and they told me it could not be done (i was talking with retention)... who knows if this is really true or not.

I do know that my current plan would be PERFECT if I could just add a shared phone to it... oh well....

Device(s)
    Sanyo 4900
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    AntiGravityHero

I was offered the same plan as you with a shared phone. I believe it was also unlimited vision. The only difference was 8pm N&W.

I am a 6+year customer coming off a regular plan.

Device(s)
    Samsung A900
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint PCS since 1/97
    Feedback Score
    Exactly. I was told I could do the shared plan if I gave up 8pm nights/weekends... not a chance in hell, that is when I make a LOT of calls (beween 8-9pm)....

Maybe someday...

Device(s)
    Cingular 2125
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless / Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I had a 500 anytime / 3000 nights @ 8PM plan for 34.99. Just bought a Sanyo 4900 today and wanted to add the $10 Vision option. They couldn't do it, however the claimed the Retention department was closed at the moment.

Does anyone think Retention would help me out? I've been with them for a while, but my contract is not up again until April 2003. If they can't help me, I might as well have bought the phone from a Sprint store, gotten 50 dollars off on the spot and signed a 1 year then.

Any suggestions? I'd be extremely happy if I could just keep my current plan and pay the extra 10 bucks.

Device(s)
    Sanyo VM4500
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    Just thought I'd update that I got the Vision added onto this plan on my first call. I was suprised, but who's complaining?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast