Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13

Thread: Do Not Call Our Department If.....

Feedback Score

This will be my last reply...

Just last week, I heard some "prank" messages on Fark.com that some people were sending via Relay calls for hearing impaired customers. Pranksters, using totally legit means, were sending awful messages to various mobile carriers and it was totally legal but what most Americans would consider inappropriate. Really nasty.
    Having been a CSR for almost 2 years at T-Mobile, which I loved, I really didn't care for Relay calls as they drove up my CRT (call time) and could be very contentious, to say the least. Lots and lots of swearing on almost half my relay calls. Still, I spoke with each customer same as anyone else. I really had no idea that so many of them were pranks until this day.
    That having been said, I wrote back to the website that I had a co-worker who, when they heard the word "Relay Call", would immediately release the call to keep their CRT low. I also mentioned that he did this for three years before getting caught and fired.
    The first reply, and subsequent ones, really made me think: "If you work at a call center for three years, you can't be all there. What a loser". My first reaction was of anger, as I am retired and took the job because I liked talking to people. This was really a great job and got me out of the house.
    Then I thought about it a bit more and realized that the folks writing to the forum, unknown to me, were actually correct.
    Working at a call center is actually the easiest way in a resume to put a bulls-eye on your forehead that says "Loser". I remember the degree skills of my co-workers, my bosses, my managers and directors and realized there was not one college degree, let alone a graduate degree, among the bunch.
    So then it occurred to me that I should write about this anomaly in American working history: Why in God's name would anyone want to get F' bombed 100 times a shift for $10 an hour? What motivates someone to have abuse heaped on them for such low wages? Who would want to even attempt to talk with any individual about highly technical issues that doesn't even have internet access?
    So now, after those two years, I am halfway on my book about call center ideology. I am self publishing so I don't expect a large readership.
    Look for "How Can I Help You?" at Amazon in June of 2010.

Carrier(s)
    Tmobile
    Feedback Score
    SAVES: DO NOT CALL OUR DEPARTMENT IF:

you're too scared to tell a customer that they're only qualified for a partial CIHU.

a customer used a trigger statement but, its in your scope of support to help.

a customer's line is under 10 months of tenure.

the customer ask to speak to a supervisor.

customer is FLEXPAY.

If you do, by the time you've finished transferring the custoemr, I've already filed a Voice ticket

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus (Space Gray, 64GB); Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    DO NOT CALL THIS DEPT IF...

Customer Care
    Do not call AND expect T-Mobile retailers to do exactly what customer care has said we will do. Sorry I don't work in the call dept anywhere, I work at a local retail store. I'm tired of people coming in and basically asking us to give them brand new phones and tablets for free because customer care told them we could do that. That's not how we operate and it also incurs a huge gap in our inventory if anybody does that! There is literally only one SOA per store who takes care of inventory and if something that major shows up, we won't get our bonus at the end of the month. I'm serious guys. Everything we do as SOAs makes that store operate on time and with the proper resources. If our sales reps go along with that stuff, they don't get blamed. WE get blamed.

Also, DO NOT CALL THIS DEPT IF...

Account Management
    If you have a question about TMobes regardless of plan, available phones, etc...PLEASE go online to our site and try to find the answer first. If you can't find the answer, do not call Acct Mgmt without an account! When you call the 1-800 number to get to customer service, the phone will ask you to put in your telephone number TO look up your account. If you don't have one, simply say "Can I speak to a representative" PS I have to agree with what the person on the first page said, don't drunk dial Cust Care. xD
    "Not all that glitters is gold, not all who wander are lost." ~ JR Tolkien
    "The best you can do for another is not just share your riches but prove to him his own." ~ Benjamin Disraeli

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus (Space Gray, 64GB); Dell Venue 8 Pro Windows tablet
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I used to work for TM and here's mine: DO NOT CALL CUSTOMER CARE ABOUT AN ISSUE YOU HAVE HAD WITH YOUR PHONE AND EXPECT TO GET A FREE ONE WHEN YOU VISIT THE STORE EVEN IF CUSTOMER CARE SAID SO!!! That will never happen. There's no such thing as a free phone.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SheGadgets View Post
    I used to work for TM and here's mine: DO NOT CALL CUSTOMER CARE ABOUT AN ISSUE YOU HAVE HAD WITH YOUR PHONE AND EXPECT TO GET A FREE ONE WHEN YOU VISIT THE STORE EVEN IF CUSTOMER CARE SAID SO!!! That will never happen. There's no such thing as a free phone.
    Well higher ups give the OK for reps to say this and plus it gets them off the line. The reason they allow this is getting customers in the store means they may actually make a purchase and get to see the latest products

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13