Thread: How long does it take to activate a new phone on existing account?

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score

How long does it take to activate a new phone on existing account?

Just bought a new BB on my existing account (around 12PM EST). I was told by the rep in the store that it would take anywhere from 5 to 15 mins to be completely switched... it is now 6PM EST and it is still not active... Full bars but it is showing 1x instead of 1X and incoming calls go to voice mail. Outgoing call atempt went to a RUDE cs rep that provided no info other than "it'll take what it'll take..."
    Anyone have any idea what the normal delay is? I am leaving tomorrow on a business trip and really want/need the phone to be working.

Thanks
    Last edited by spence; 04-26-2005 at 05:52 PM.

Phones
    LG P500h Optimus One - great phone!
    LG vx5600
    Carriers
    Telus
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I think it really depends on how busy they were today.. usually they tlel you it'll take a few hours, sometiems 1 day..

soemtimes weird stuff happens like both your phones working at the same time, or none at all.. hopefully yours comes up soon, if not call back and talk to a different rep..

Feedback Score

Re: How long does it take to activate a new phone on existing account?

Originally posted by spence
    Just bought a new BB on my existing account (around 12PM EST). I was told by the rep in the store that it would take anywhere from 5 to 15 mins to be completely switched... it is now 6PM EST and it is still not active... Full bars but it is showing 1x instead of 1X and incoming calls go to voice mail. Outgoing call atempt went to a RUDE cs rep that provided no info other than "it'll take what it'll take..."
    Anyone have any idea what the normal delay is? I am leaving tomorrow on a business trip and really want/need the phone to be working.

Thanks
    When you dial *2355 on the new Blackberry, do you get a quick busy signal? If so, go back to where you bought the Blackberry--they missed a programming step. This happened to me when I bought mine. Apparently there is an additional programming step that must occur on these devices.

Phone
    iPhone 4
    Carrier
    Bell
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry7250/4.0.0 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 UP.Browser/5.0.3.3 UP.Link/5.1.2.1 UP.Link/5.0.2.7a)

Thanks for the replies guys. There was a step missed actually -- I called their data support line and the guy walked me through. A quick programming step. After reboot everything worked great.