Thread: Tracfone voice mail-can't retrieve from landline?

Feedback Score

Unhappy Tracfone voice mail-can't retrieve from landline?

Just bought and activated a new Tracfone, the Motorola model C155. I don't use the phone much and have been using an ancient Nokia 918 model. I want to use the new phone for voice mail and retrieve the messages mainly from my local landline, thus saving the minutes from from Tracfone. I have spoken (if you can call it that) with two different Tracfone CS reps. They say this phone doesn't have this feature... I thought all the GSM digital Tracfones would let you do this. I asked the last guy, how I would know if the phone I was buying had this ability. He says you won't know until you activate it. Hmmmmm.......Any ideas, suggestions, or am I just SOL on this one. ? I just don't want to have to use up my minutes retrieving VM. Thanks WCinMO

Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Re: Tracfone voice mail-can't retrieve from landline?

Originally posted by WCinMO
    Just bought and activated a new Tracfone, the Motorola model C155. I don't use the phone much and have been using an ancient Nokia 918 model. I want to use the new phone for voice mail and retrieve the messages mainly from my local landline, thus saving the minutes from from Tracfone. I have spoken (if you can call it that) with two different Tracfone CS reps. They say this phone doesn't have this feature... I thought all the GSM digital Tracfones would let you do this. I asked the last guy, how I would know if the phone I was buying had this ability. He says you won't know until you activate it. Hmmmmm.......Any ideas, suggestions, or am I just SOL on this one. ? I just don't want to have to use up my minutes retrieving VM. Thanks WCinMO
    Who ever you spoke to is on crack. You can retrieve voice mail messages from a landline phone with any tracfone... although I believe you do have to set up your voicemail from your cellphone. It is not dependant on the model, but on the carrier tracfone uses, and both Cingular and T-Mobile let you do this.

When your voicemail picks up when you dial your own number, you have to hit either * or # to interrupt the message and then enter your passcode.

Hope this helps!

Eric

Carriers
    Virgin Mobile
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've set up voicemail on Tracfones using Verison & Alltell's systems also. Works fine.

Rule #1 Ask here before Tracfone CS

Rule # 2 Ask a crackhead before Tracfone CS