Phones
    v3m Razr
    i860
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Pageplus InPulse
    Feedback Score

Tracfone *228 on Verizon

Oh about 7 yrs ago, I had a tracfone to play with and I remember that if I called *228 and at the same time someone called me, I was able to talk and not get charged any minutes. Does anyone know if that still works?

Phone
    ZTE, LG
    Carrier
    America Movil, Verizon
    Feedback Score
    If your TracFone is activated on Verizon, a call to *228 (selecting option 2) will update the roaming capabilities of the phone.

It does not provide free service.

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Seven years ago TracFone had analog phones and calling *228 did nothing because AMPS phones have no PRL.
    Castrol EDGE 5W-30 is my drug of choice.

Primary: iPhone 5S, Galaxy S4, & LG L90: 5 lines, 1x $15 5GB data, 2x $5 Android web, 1x $2.99 T-Zones, corp discount + $10/mo loyalty discount = $93/mo tax inclusive
    Secondary: iPhone 4 & Optimus Dynamic II: TracFone (Verizon); Galaxy Epic: RingPlus (Sprint)
    Tablet: iPad Mini Retina w/ T-Mobile 4G LTE

Phones
    v3m Razr
    i860
    Carriers
    Nextel
    Pageplus InPulse
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't work anymore. When you are in *228 call, the other party goes directly to voice mail. I guess they finally made a change in their system. Like I said a very long time ago, with Tracfone on Verizon, when you dial *228, and someone calls your cell, the calls goes through and you can answer it. This way you could have talked all day long for free. I have tried it myself once or twice and it did work. Only thing is the other person has about 50 seconds to make the call while you are in the *228 call.

Well this is old history now anyways,
    Good day,
    Andy.