Thread: Incoming Calls - Can't Hear Caller

Phone
    Motorola v551
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score

Exclamation Incoming Calls - Can't Hear Caller

Cingular in San Luis Obispo, running off 310-170/Orange. Phone = Motorola V551.

Lately (and yesterday a lot), I've had issues whereby people call me, I answer, and then I can't hear them. They can hear me just fine and subsequent attempts (either I call or they call back) seem to work OK from the same location. Signal is usually pretty strong, 3 or 4 bars.

Is this a known issue with Cingular here and/or elsewhere? It's really frustrating... it took me three attempts to get a working chat going with someone yesterday afternoon.

Maybe the phone?

Thanks!

Phones
    V3
    V551
    Reserved for MPX220
    Carrier
    Cingular GSM
    Feedback Score
    Could be a network issue, or it could be the mic. It could be waterdamaged. Try putting your sim in another cingular phone and see what your results are.
    Call me AGENT ORANGE

THE ULTIMATE DRIVING MACHINE

2000 bmw 323i is my new addition to my garage.

Phone
    Samsung Captivate, Samsung Mythic
    Carrier
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    Had it happen to me here in Virginia using my V551 as well. Was talking with my mom in Hawaii and she could hear me just fine, but she sounded "garbled" and not understandable coming through my side. I may have to switch back to my other phones as another call sounded the same way still using the V551.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Phone
    Motorola v551
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I should also note that my buddy with a RAZR has had the same problem.

My V551 is practically new and has been treated very well. I'm confident its not water-damaged :-)

If a network problem, is there a way I can raise Cingular's attention to it?

Phones
    Red BlackBerry Pearl 8100
    Samsung D807
    Pantech C300 Awesome phone!
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I live in Washington state and this has been happening to me on and off for awhile now. For the most part it only happens when one certain friend calls me from The Bay Area California and its always me not hearing her. Now that I think about it it just might be her problem and not mine. For what its worth.

~Amie~

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy S4 ACTIVE
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by JDScott302
    Could be a network issue, or it could be the mic. It could be waterdamaged. Try putting your sim in another cingular phone and see what your results are.
    Yep, try another phone. That's the only way you'll know.
    AT&T LTE Network Hartford, CT Area

Phone
    iPhone 4 [32gb]
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    This happens often with me but only with a certain individual. It's not my phone because I have tried with many different phones. Its definitely him and his service. He has Nextel and a i730. He's coming over to Cingular next month.

Phone
    Motorola v551
    Carrier
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I wish it were limited to one person for me. I've had it happen with three different individuals: one on a SBC landline, one Cingular customer (Blue), and a VZW customer.

The problem is intermittent and doesn't affect me alone. Several friends on Cingular (1 using a RAZR V3, 1 using some basic Nokia) report the same issue.