Phones
    t616/t62u
    v300/v400/v600
    s307
    Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score

strange beep when calling someone

ok so I'm on a cingular branded treo 650. I live in FL but took a road trip with my friend to atlanta. so far I have had nothing less than near perfect or perfect signal. but for some reason yesterday I was at "underground" and I tried calling someone. it rang for half a ring and then beeped in place of the rings. I thought it was just bad network cause I was underground. I tried restarting and whatnot. it didn't work. then I tried calling someone else and it was fine. for some reason only when I call this guy it does half a ring and then beeps whenever it should ring but he actually picks up. it is REALLY weird! he says he notices nothing strange on his end. any ideas? it is only when I call him. thanks

Phones
    IPhone 5s
    IPhone 5s
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    This used to happen here when someone was on another call when you call them. This doesn't happen here any more though. You could test it by having them call someone and then call them to see if it happens again, I don't think it has anything to do with you being underground.

Don't talk about it...Be about it.

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hahnyc87
    ok so I'm on a cingular branded treo 650. I live in FL but took a road trip with my friend to atlanta. so far I have had nothing less than near perfect or perfect signal. but for some reason yesterday I was at "underground" and I tried calling someone. it rang for half a ring and then beeped in place of the rings. I thought it was just bad network cause I was underground. I tried restarting and whatnot. it didn't work. then I tried calling someone else and it was fine. for some reason only when I call this guy it does half a ring and then beeps whenever it should ring but he actually picks up. it is REALLY weird! he says he notices nothing strange on his end. any ideas? it is only when I call him. thanks
    that beep is that he's on the other line talking to someone else, if it sounds like a call waiting. that's how u can tell if someone is in the other line talking. oh yeah did u ask him if he was on the other line when u called him. cause if he wasn't then I don't know what it is.

Phones
    Moto V3 Razor
    LG VX 6100
    Nokia 6800
    Carriers
    Cingular/AT&TWS
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    If you are calling someone on VZW it will "ring beep" andthat indicates the person you are calling is already on the phone...

Not too many people know that .. maybe I shouldn't have said anything. .

-Vincent

Phones
    t616/t62u
    v300/v400/v600
    s307
    Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    thanks I know exactly what you are guys are talking about but it is NOT that beep. infact it just happened with two more people. but what it is, is not a quick beep and then ringing again.... it is actually beeeeeeeep (blank time) beeeeep.... etc... until they pick up. it is not the call waiting signal

Phones
    860 datacard
    sync a707
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I miss the call waiting "beep" that cingular had with TDMA users ..

Phones
    Pearl 8130
    Old-school RAZR
    Carriers
    Verizon for free in calling/texting/pix messaging.....
    Feedback Score
    hahny....i had the exact same thing.....i was calling my cingular phone with my nextel phone and watching what was happening.....both phones had signal, and my cingular did not ring, nor was it on the other line.....instead, it had a busy tone (unlike a normal busy tone), and it happened repeatedly, even after a power boot on both phones......i called tech support for cingular, and i wont even waste my breath on what they said......
    Cell phone whore, and playing the game of musical cellular carriers until i am happy

Phones
    IPhone 5s
    IPhone 5s
    Carrier
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Ok if they are not on the phone im out of ideas.

Could it be one of those silly ring back tones that has a "beep" instead of music? This is highly unlikely but I am out of suggestions.

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    Solavei
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    It depends what switch you hit on the network it can ring or beep. Actually, that's the euro-style ring. It happens rarely, but I've heard it in my area sometimes when calling some T-Mobile customers.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    It depends what switch you hit on the network it can ring or beep. Actually, that's the euro-style ring. It happens rarely, but I've heard it in my area sometimes when calling some T-Mobile customers.
    yeah bobo ur right that is the euro style ring, cause when I call my sister is spain it rings like that. when I called her for the first time I thought there was something wrong with my phone. then she laughted at me and told me that that's their style how the phone rings in europe.

Phones
    t616/t62u
    v300/v400/v600
    s307
    Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    that sounds like it would be it- thanks, could have been some different towers in GA - I'll see how it is tomorrow back here in FL thanks guys

Phones
    moto v600, v3 razr, nokia 8801
    nokia 3200, samsung e715
    moto v60i
    Carriers
    AT&T GSM
    Feedback Score
    could it be your settings where you have the timer beep every 1 minute to remind you how long you're speaking?

Phones
    t616/t62u
    v300/v400/v600
    s307
    Carrier
    cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by weiyung
    could it be your settings where you have the timer beep every 1 minute to remind you how long you're speaking?

#1- i didnt even know the treo has that feature
    #2- and no offense..... but how do you go thinking that there is 1 minute in between each ring lol?