Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Very EASY way to flash a S66 to S65

Device(s)
    Siemens S66
    Feedback Score
    okay, I'll try a different speed & when I have the charger on it lets me know that I need to turn it off before it can proceed.

I tried a google to on that error and all I got back were german & russian sites that I couldn't read or wanted to translate. Thanks a lot!

Device(s)
    Siemens S66
    Feedback Score
    hey - thanks for the speed change suggestion, it did the trick...thanks a lot for all of your help!

right now its about 27% through, so hopefully this new FW will be worth it.
    Last edited by docjay; 05-30-2005 at 08:16 AM.

Feedback Score

What does the new firmware adds to the phone ?

Could be a stupid question, but I bought a S66 yesterday from Cingular, and I hate the fact that everything in the UI has been 'cingularized'...
    What would be the benefit of moving on to a FW50 ? (I'm searching the web at the same time you I may have an answer to that)
    What's the side effect of having a S66 becoming a S65 ?

Unlock the phone...well with those 2 years contracts with Cingular it's not really of value but I have SIM cards for UK/Norway/France when I'm over there so it is of interest for me to unlock it instead of carrying my good old M55, so if I move to FW50 does it mean that it can't be unlocked at all (ie even by going to a shop to do it) ?

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    So I have the version x65flasher R1.055

There are only five different choices on in programme: backup, restore, flash map, read flash and write flash. In the read me file it says it cannot write to the bootcore and there is no "advanced" button on the flasher interface.

Can someone please send me a link to the flasher used in this scenario?

Thanks.

Device(s)
    Siemens CT66
    Feedback Score
    Hi,
    What exactly are the benefits of flashing to S65? does this remove all the GAY Cingular lock features on the phone... I currently own a CT66, and had a S66 for about a couple weeks 4 months back but coudln't get it to work with my AT&T sim card and didn't like the fact that CINGULAR restricted the customizable features that Siemens' manual says you can change. Any details on what the new bootcode allows you to do or not do on the phone would be awesome!

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    One quick question. When you change the bootcore to S65, can you just run an updater, or is it necessary to do a fullflash? If you can just update it, does it leave your files and settings intact? (For example, I heard that with updates Cingular AIM won't work anymore and GPRS settings are erased.)
    I am... a true Cingularian! Are you a Cingularian too?
    Become a Cingularian by joining the Cingular Club!
    If anyone who is a Cingular Orange (Cingular-Cingluar customer)/Blue (former AT&T customer)/Yellow (former Suncom customer - in Virginia) wants to put this in their signature they can feel free to do so.
    Cingularians Unite!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung Blackjack
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular Wireless GSM
    Feedback Score
    weeze-dog, Could you please post links to all the software needed. The Winswup, english firmware, etc?

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I tried switching phone models as described, but every time I try I get the message "Lost Connection to Phone," then I have to disconnect and reconnect to try again. Same with Siemens MPM backup. I'm using the same exact cable and methods as the OP, any ideas?

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    and still no response to the posters asking what exactly the point of flashing to an S65 is... I know the firmware is newer, but what advantages does it offer to going to the S65 firmware?

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cryogenic
    and still no response to the posters asking what exactly the point of flashing to an S65 is... I know the firmware is newer, but what advantages does it offer to going to the S65 firmware?
    Apparently there are a few bug fixes (hopefully smoother video playback for "Premium" quality videos), the video camera is extended to 1:30, and you can dump all the Cingular crap and unlock crippled features like network selection. Those are my main reasons.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8320
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Can someone PLEASE post a link to the x65flasher used in this changing bootcore to S65 scenario?

As posted previously, I can find only the x65flasher R1.055 version online which does not have any advanced button on its interface and clearly posts in its readme file that it cannot write to bootcore. This is base step the first poster on this thread explains is necessary, but where can we find the flasher version the can do this??

I need new firmware!

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have an S66 coming very soon (hopefully today!) and am looking for the very same thing. It's a Cingular-branded version so of course it has Cingular's firmware which is horribly out-of-date in comparison to the S65. I'll definitely be looking to do the same thing as many other people here seem to be wanting to do.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    hey guys im going to pick up a siemens sl65 today and am on the rogers network in canada ... any idea if it supports 850mhz band and if not how i can get it to?
    Last edited by zero2hero; 09-05-2005 at 10:01 AM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Pearl 8130
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    S65 does not support 850Mhz, only the S66 does... it's a hardware thing so there's no way to make an S65 support 850 and no way to make an S66 support 900Mhz.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score
    sorry i meant sl 65.. the slider black phone... and i know its hte wrong forum, but do you know if the samsung d500 does?

i just sold my old beat up SE p800 and am lookin for a new handset... its gotta be an eye-catcher with a different design (block or flip wont cut it)... my budget is around $350... so all those nicer nokias or some of the new SE's are out of my range...

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast