Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Very EASY way to flash a S66 to S65

Feedback Score

Flashing S66 To S65

Which Of The Following Do I Need To Download In Order To Flash S66 To S65.

14cz
    16cz
    25cz
    25cz
    41cz
    43cz
    43cz
    47cz
    47sp
    50cz
    50cz
    50sp
    53cz
    58cz

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I don't believe it matters, all of them have English and the installer will default to your last used language.
    I am... a true Cingularian! Are you a Cingularian too?
    Become a Cingularian by joining the Cingular Club!
    If anyone who is a Cingular Orange (Cingular-Cingluar customer)/Blue (former AT&T customer)/Yellow (former Suncom customer - in Virginia) wants to put this in their signature they can feel free to do so.
    Cingularians Unite!!!

Feedback Score
    Can You Please Be More Specific As Far As Where To Download The Program And Which?

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I installed 58cz, but any will work.

Feedback Score
    When i run 58cz the computer freezes. Is that normal?

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Nope. Maybe you should try 53 or 50 (I've heard bad things about 53 though, so keep a backup handy).

Feedback Score
    what bad things did you hear??

Device(s)
    RAZR V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Can someone PLEASE respond to me? I'm pretty sure I have successfully flashed my s66 to s65 fw43, although i thought this would enable me to program each key. the only one i can use as a hotkey is "5." is this normal? shouldnt the hotkeys be programmable after the flash? also, with my previous firmware version, the missed calls and voicemal symbol would show up by the right softkey. now they show up by the left softkey, so i cannot access my menu without checking my voicemal first. is there a way to change this? please answer. nobody seems to be answering my posts anymore.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers LTE RRU
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kdubin
    With my previous firmware version, the missed calls and voicemal symbol would show up by the right softkey.
    now they show up by the left softkey, so i cannot access my menu without checking my voicemal first.
    is there a way to change this?
    Why don't you just middle click on joystick to take you to menu?
    Can someone PLEASE respond to me? I'm pretty sure I have successfully flashed my s66 to s65 fw43,
    although i thought this would enable me to program each key. the only one i can use as a hotkey is "5."
    is this normal? shouldnt the hotkeys be programmable after the flash?
    I'm not sure why it's not working for you. All my keys are programmable. I'm running fw v58.
    - You press desired key#, then press right soft key to initiate shortcut.
    At that time left soft key becomes"Change" button. You press that and select any other shortcut.

What do you get when you try that?

Device(s)
    Samsung Exhibit II 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Can someone PLEASE respond to me? I'm pretty sure I have successfully flashed my s66 to s65 fw43, although i thought this would enable me to program each key. the only one i can use as a hotkey is "5." is this normal? shouldnt the hotkeys be programmable after the flash? also, with my previous firmware version, the missed calls and voicemal symbol would show up by the right softkey. now they show up by the left softkey, so i cannot access my menu without checking my voicemal first. is there a way to change this? please answer. nobody seems to be answering my posts anymore.
    I have FW43 and it does the same thing. I'm pretty sure it's just a firmware thing, try flashing newer firmware.

Device(s)
    Palm Centro
    Carrier(s)
    SprintPCS
    Feedback Score
    It seems that once a key is programmed, there is no way to use the phone keypad to re-program the key. The key "5" was a "speed-dial" function when you got the phone from Cingular. The updated firmware does not seem to support that function, leaving the "5" unassigned.

Now, to program the keys, you can use a program on your PC with the phone connected via cable. I can't remember off hand what the program is called, but I've used at least two different methods, one was easier than the other, and both worked fine. These programs also allow you to assign the function of the side keys and joystick, as well as the 0-9,*,# keys. I'm sure you can find all the info you need with the help of these forums and google.

FYI, I am using firmware 58 with my S66 thinking it's an S65.

EdGrimley

Device(s)
    RAZR V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Bokito, the reason I can't just click the joystick for the menu is because Cingular had programmed that to access the browser directly. The only key that is programmable is the "5" key, which I had to set to "menu" so I could access it when I wasn't getting a signal. All the other keys are pre-programmed to another random functioned deemed important by cingular. I have upgraded to fw58 and have the same problem.

goldhead, does this have anything to do with one of Weeze-Dog's earlier posts (on page 1 of this post) about not being able to completely unlock his phone until he reverted back to his s66 fw34 and then unlocked it before going back to the s65 version?

Device(s)
    RAZR V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I was finally able to completely unlock my phone using EEPROM and a key changing program, so now i am happy. thank you everyone for all your help. i would still like to get v_klay working right so i can further modify my phone bu that can wait now.

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S III
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If one flashes their S66 to the S65 firmware...is it my understanding that it will convert it to the S65 unbranded phone but still maintain the 850 band?

Carrier(s)
    Rogers LTE RRU
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Candyman
    If one flashes their S66 to the S65 firmware...is it my understanding that it will convert it to the S65 unbranded phone but still maintain the 850 band?
    That is correct. But then you can always make a backup using x65 flasher,
    and if you find it is not operating properly, you have a chance to revert back.

If you are looking for super signal reception, this phone doesn’t deliver on 850.
    I used my underground garage as a test and with Nokia 6170b or SE S710a or Moto V635
    I have one signal bar and I can make a call, but with S66 i get no reception

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast