Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Very EASY way to flash a S66 to S65

Device(s)
    Samsung Exhibit II 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    How did you guys get the WinSwup working? When I press configure serial it always freezes. And when check the first skip, it still doesn't work.

Device(s)
    SE W810i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokito
    If you are looking for super signal reception, this phone doesn’t deliver on 850.
    That's strange, because I get a better signal on 850 than anyone of my Cingular friends. 3-4 bars when others have 1-2, and I can always make and receive calls.
    I am... a true Cingularian! Are you a Cingularian too?
    Become a Cingularian by joining the Cingular Club!
    If anyone who is a Cingular Orange (Cingular-Cingluar customer)/Blue (former AT&T customer)/Yellow (former Suncom customer - in Virginia) wants to put this in their signature they can feel free to do so.
    Cingularians Unite!!!

Carrier(s)
    Rogers LTE RRU
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goldhead
    How did you guys get the WinSwup working? When I press configure serial it always freezes. And when check the first skip, it still doesn't work.
    1. Do you have original Siemens DCA-510 cable?
    2. If WinSwup is not setup for correct com port, it will never detect your phone.

Try installing cable to a different USB port and verify in device manager which com port is using.

Device(s)
    Samsung Exhibit II 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokito
    1. Do you have original Siemens DCA-510 cable?
    2. If WinSwup is not setup for correct com port, it will never detect your phone.

Try installing cable to a different USB port and verify in device manager which com port is using.
    1. No, I do not have the original cable, but so far I have managed to do almost anything with my generic cable. But I realize that this might be the problem why WinSwup doesn't work.
    I have FW43 at the moment and every time I want to connect to SiMoCo I first have to run od.exe. I guess that is the problem of the cable too.
    2. I cannot setup WinSwup, because every time I press Serial Config, the PC freezes.

Device(s)
    Samsung Exhibit II 4G
    Carrier(s)
    Mobilicity
    Feedback Score
    One more thing. Could anyone provide me with their phone fullflash backup from x65flasher containing FW58cz? That seems to be the only way for me to upgrade firmware.
    If someone is willing, please zip the file and host it here: http://rapidshare.de/
    Thanks.

Carrier(s)
    Rogers LTE RRU
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by goldhead
    1. No, I do not have the original cable, but so far I have managed to do almost anything with my generic cable. But I realize that this might be the problem why WinSwup doesn't work.
    I have FW43 at the moment and every time I want to connect to SiMoCo I first have to run od.exe. I guess that is the problem of the cable too.
    2. I cannot setup WinSwup, because every time I press Serial Config, the PC freezes.
    1. Having non Siemens cable could cause WinSwup to freeze on start.
    You should troubleshoot that further. Try changing current COM port assigned to your USB cable.
    Also, try running in windows compatibly mode. Try different PC.

2. Running od.exe before starting SimoCo is not cable related.
    od.exe(open directory) when executed allows temporary read/write access to "Config" folder on your phone.

3.There is a V_klay patch that you can apply that will permanently open full read/write access to CONFIG directory.
    It makes phone modding so much more fun. Especially trying different icon sets, etc.
    I’ve attached V_Klay file should you decide to try it.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Feedback Score
    Hey guys, I just got this phone and wanna flash it. Is this the cable that is needed?
    http://www.originalwirelessaccessori...510&click=1641

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6