Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Help! Just moved and there is no signal inside my new apartment!

Phone
    Nokia 3650 / T-Mobile
    Carrier
    T-Mobile / NY City
    Feedback Score

Help! Just moved and there is no signal inside my new apartment!

Hey All

Just moved into a new apartment and I love it! Except for the fact that no cellphones can work from inside it! As soon as you step outside my door to the yard, the signal is very strong, all 5 bars. But as soon as you go back into my apartment the signal goes completly dead unless you have your face pressed up against the window.

Are there any devices on the market that can help? I need something that can boost different providers signals since my friends and girl come to visit and hate that they can't get a signal either.

I must live in a steel box

Thanks for any help!

Phone
    BlackBerry 8900
    Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Not yet, but towards the end of the year you can purchase something to give you full signal on your T-Mobile phone from within your apartment.

Phone
    Nokia 3650 / T-Mobile
    Carrier
    T-Mobile / NY City
    Feedback Score
    How about this device that I ran across during a google search?

http://www.solidsignal.com/prod_disp...PROD=YX500-PCS

Anyone out there own one? If so how well does it work?

Phone
    Nokia 3650 / T-Mobile
    Carrier
    T-Mobile / NY City
    Feedback Score

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus, Nokia 6230
    Carriers
    Alltel via Verizon
    Feedback Score
    alot more expensive but i have 5 ot 6 customers using these (all from this vendor)

http://www.4cellular.com/search/acce...ail.cfm?ID=111
    If you can read this, thank a teacher. If you are reading this in English, thank a Veteran.

Phone
    HTC G1 - Tmobile
    Carrier
    T-Mobile (just the big pink T for now)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
    Hey All

Just moved into a new apartment and I love it! Except for the fact that no cellphones can work from inside it! As soon as you step outside my door to the yard, the signal is very strong, all 5 bars. But as soon as you go back into my apartment the signal goes completly dead unless you have your face pressed up against the window.

Are there any devices on the market that can help? I need something that can boost different providers signals since my friends and girl come to visit and hate that they can't get a signal either.

Thanks for any help!
    why not just get a bluetooth phone/headset so that you can leave your phone by the window and you can walk around the apt freely?

Carrier
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3560freak
    why not just get a bluetooth phone/headset so that you can leave your phone by the window and you can walk around the apt freely?

i tried that with my A630, couldn't go more than 10 feet from the phone...
    NHCharmedOne

My opinions are mine, not yours, no one says you have to agree with them! =)

Phones
    BB Bold 9780
    BB Bold 9700
    BB Curve 8900
    Carrier
    T-Mobile US - myFaves
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisxtreme
    Not yet, but towards the end of the year you can purchase something to give you full signal on your T-Mobile phone from within your apartment.
    I finally found out what this is all about. It's very interesting :evileye:
    Last edited by MagicKnight; 06-03-2005 at 11:58 AM.

Phones
    iPhone
    iPhone 4
    previously: iPhone 3GS,Dash, k750i + HBH-600, SDA, k700i, h6315, t68i, Nokia 2280, Audiovox PCX-1000
    Carrier
    T-Mobile for 7 years, now with AT&T for 3 years
    Feedback Score
    Have you tried a different phone that may have better reception?

If that doesn't work try a different carrier. Each carrier has different dead spots.

Did you look at the personal coverage check at t-mobile.com to see how that corresponds to your experience?

It seems excessive to me to buy a signal amplifier just so your cell phone will work in your own home.

Phones
    Blackberry Curve & Pearl
    T-Mobile Wing & Dash
    Motorola i305 & UTS ppc6700
    Carriers
    T-Mobile
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MagicKnight
    I finally found out what this is all about. It's very interesting :evileye:
    what is it? inform the rest of us.

Phones
    Mine: Nokia 6620, 3650, 5180; Siemens S56
    In the family: Moto v600, v66, MPx200
    Gone: Nokia 6600, 3390, 252; Moto P280, C332, v120, v60, v50; Panasonic TX320; Samsung R225m
    Carriers
    T-Mobile,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 3560freak
    This is the easiest, cheapest, simplest solution. I wanted to do the same thing but was worried about short range too. But in testing the BT range between my laptop and phone, I could get signal from one end of my place to another. So no problem there. The weak link will probably be the BT headset, since the makers assume it'll be close to the phone and may skimp on output power to save battery life. You'll need to get specific info from users who have tested the range of individual headsets.

Doug
    T-Mo: $50, 1500 + unlimited NW

Carrier
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    I have that wireless extender from solid signal. And it works great. It can handle several calls at the same time. Inside my house only one provider works, with low signal, but once I turn this on, all of them work... T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon, and the three local carriers Telcel, Movistar and Iusacell. Fortunately they all use 1900 Mhz.

The only problem is that it won't have a very big range once inside the house, so you'll have to strategically place it somewhere that will give you a good signal in the places where you would like to be while making a call.

One thing I've noticed is that even though I get a full T-Mobile signal, sometimes the sound in a call is not clear, hanging up and dialing again solves the problem. Data and SMS work fine, even with low signal when I'm away from the device.

This was the cheapest repeater I could find, and I don't know about the more expensive ones, but they might be a little better. So far this one hasn't let me down.

Phones
    Motorola Droid
    Blackberry 8310
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Try searching for repeaters on this site. There are definitely a number of people who have had experience with several makes and models.

Phone
    Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Sony Xperia Ion AWS HSPA + LTE
    Carriers
    T-Mobile Simple Plan 4 lines (unlimited on one and 2.5GB sharing on another) $130 | 4.5GB MBB
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by WILLDOGS
    Hey All

Thanks for any help!
    repeater helps
    make sure it works on PCS band (1900)

Phone
    HTC EVO
    Carrier
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Get an E1000. Problem solved. This phone has the best reception I have ever seen. Not one single person in my office building gets a signal unless they are at the window. My E1000 has 3 of 5 bars signal strength and great sound.
    The AlphaShark

"Whenever you fall on your face, at least you are moving forward"

Anonymous

With Voicestream/T-Mobile since May 1996.
    With Verizon Wireless since July 9, 2008...
    ...and then quickly to AT&T Wireless 3 days later!
    Now with Sprint as of Dec. 3, 2009.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast