Thread: call voicemail = busy signal???

Carriers
    Korea (KT)
    Feedback Score

call voicemail = busy signal???

I just activated my phone today but when i try to call so i can setup my vmail box, i get a busy signal!!! I tried *86 AND even manually dialing my own number and i get the same thing. Tried to dial my number from a landline phone so i could get into voicemail that way but it just rang and rang with no end....what do i do?? I also tried calling my cell while it's off hoping it would go straight o voicemail setup instructions but I just go ta message saying the caller was not available....i wanna resolve this without delaing with customer service but it looks like i will not have a choice....grrrrr
    Last edited by HazelGirl; 06-03-2005 at 04:32 AM.
    "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." --Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Phones
    LG Chocolate Blue Mint (VX8550)
    Motorola Q - Retired
    Motorola E815 - Retired
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by HazelGirl
    I just activated my phone today but when i try to call so i can setup my vmail box, i get a busy signal!!! I tried *86 AND even manually dialing my own number and i get the same thing. Tried to dial my number from a landline phone so i could get into voicemail that way but it just rang and rang with no end....what do i do?? I also tried calling my cell while it's off hoping it would go straight o voicemail setup instructions but I just go ta message saying the caller was not available....i wanna resolve this without delaing with customer service but it looks like i will not have a choice....grrrrr
    Sounds like your VoiceMail box isn't active. Sometimes this happens when you port in your number. You'll have to call Customer Service to resolve the issue though. Sorry.

Phone
    ▫» Apple iPhone 4 «▫
    Carrier
    °º○ AT&T ○º°
    Feedback Score
    I kept getting a busy signal as well... very strange. It fixed itself though

Phones
    K1m
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    You can call cusotmer service and they can turn it on manually or if it doesn't exist on their end, they would need to re add it.

I've seen it before when someone upgrades, the rep who processes the upgrade will remove it for some odd reason and never re add it.