Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: classical ringtones

Carrier(s)
    USA (T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score

classical ringtones

where can I get classical ringtones to download for my moto? I don't like the tones on their now and I want something classical like mozart or something like that. I know that 3gupload has a lot and so does this site: http://www.kunstderfuge.com/midi.htm but I know that Verizon makes it extremely difficult if not impossible to download anything outside of the GIN garbage that the have.....any suggestions? I looked on GIN but I did not see any classical...just rock, r&b, rap, etc.....thanks.
    "I'm not bad, I'm just drawn that way." --Jessica Rabbit, Who Framed Roger Rabbit

Device(s)
    VU204-E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (sigh!)
    Feedback Score
    alt.binaries.sounds.mp3.classical

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    If you like the midi files at that site, and they are exactly what you want as a ringer...

Download it to your pc... then send an email to the phone at [email protected] with the sound file attached. When recieved to your phone it can be saved as a ring tone. See also comments HERE

Now, if you want to trim out a certain section from the MIDI file, then you have to find a midi editor to do that first. Cakewalk was a good COMMERCIAL program for this. I don't know of any freeware or shareware ones.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Carrier(s)
    USA (T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    thanks a bunch! I will try emailing it to myself at the pix address!

Carrier(s)
    USA (T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    woo hoo! It worked. good stuff

Feedback Score
    I attempted this by going to the Walmart CD sample section online. I found a 30 second mp3 that I wanted. I saved it to my PC and then changed it to a .mid file and sent it to my phone. I received it successfully but.....

1. The sound quality is horrible. It sounds like a cheap a.m. radio.
    2. I can't figure out how to get that saved .mid as a choice for a ringtone when attempting to switch them. I don't see the saved one as an option.

Laurie

Device(s)
    VU204-E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (sigh!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurie
    2. I can't figure out how to get that saved .mid as a choice for a ringtone when attempting to switch them. I don't see the saved one as an option.
    Laurie
    You need a program capable of editing/saving MP3's. I use Adobe Audition but there are other ones. Winamp can do it. Once you have it, try this...

1. Load the MP3 file that you want to use. Convert it to mono, ~64kbps, ~20-30 seconds.
    2. Save as .mp3, rename as .mid
    3. Filesize must be smaller than 300kb.
    4. Send as attachment in a plain text email to [email protected] (replace the number signs with your ten digit cell number)
    5. Scroll to bottom of text message and select file and hit (ok).
    6. Choose "Store" option, it should give you the option to rename it.
    7. Close text message and go to media gallery under sounds and scroll down to the name of the tone.
    8. Press the menu button while the tone is highlighted, and select "Apply as Ring Tone" option.
    9. The ringtone should now appear as the default for calls and should be available to select in the future.

Device(s)
    Motorola v 710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I attempted this by going to the Walmart CD sample section online. I found a 30 second mp3 that I wanted. I saved it to my PC and then changed it to a .mid file and sent it to my phone. I received it successfully but.....

Laurie
    Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why convert to a .mid file when the phone plays mp3's? I edited the mp3's I wanted to use as ringtones to be less than a minute long and made sure the names were short. I have 5 that I did this way and they sound very good.

Elsewhere on the board are exact instructions for getting a ringtone into phone memory if you have the new firmware. I believe it's something like email the ringtone from your tf card to a bogus email address. It will bounce to your inbox or something like that and when you go there you will be able to save it to the phone memory. Please do a search for the exact procedure, but it can be done.
    I never upgraded to the new firmware so I just copied them to the phone memory directly from the tf.

Ernon

Device(s)
    VU204-E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon (sigh!)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ernon
    Please forgive me if this is a stupid question, but why convert to a .mid file when the phone plays mp3's?
    You don't convert it to a .mid file, you just rename the extension to .mid. I don't know the reasoning, but an mp3 file renamed with a mid extension is the only thing the phone will recognize as a ringtone.

where's the spellchecker?
    The new way to nano~surf

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RLG07734
    You need a program capable of editing/saving MP3's. I use Adobe Audition but there are other ones. Winamp can do it. Once you have it, try this...

1. Load the MP3 file that you want to use. Convert it to mono, ~64kbps, ~20-30 seconds.
    2. Save as .mp3, rename as .mid
    3. Filesize must be smaller than 300kb.
    4. Send as attachment in a plain text email to [email protected] (replace the number signs with your ten digit cell number)
    5. Scroll to bottom of text message and select file and hit (ok).
    6. Choose "Store" option, it should give you the option to rename it.
    7. Close text message and go to media gallery under sounds and scroll down to the name of the tone.
    8. Press the menu button while the tone is highlighted, and select "Apply as Ring Tone" option.
    9. The ringtone should now appear as the default for calls and should be available to select in the future.

According to similar information I've read here at this site...

http://www.v710.org/forums/printthread.php?t=1172

"Apply As Ringtone" option no longer exists.

Carrier(s)
    USA (T-Mobile)
    Feedback Score
    i have te apply as ringtone option and it works great

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

what does it sound like on the PC when you play it back with WinAMP? Low bit rate, mono .MP3's will not sound that great to begin with.
    There are limits on files you send to your Phone via email.

(from my File Format Page)
    For ring tones from MP3 files... While any MP3 file should work, I have found it is best if the ringer is a Mpeg 1.0 Layer 3 (as reported by File Info in WinAMP), 20 to 25 seconds as a maximum Length and no ID3 tag. I have used MP3's encoded as 32kbits/22kHZ/mono, 48kbits/44kHz/mono, 64kbits/22Khz/Mono, 64kbits/24kHz/Stereo, and even 192kbits/44khz/stereo. For the best balance between file size and quality, I found 48kbits/44kHz/Mono to be good. Note: Some MP3 files I have that were reported as Mpeg 2.0 Layer 3 and Mpeg 2.5 Layer 3 in WinAMP and will NOT REPEAT on the phone. After conversion to Mpeg 1.0 Layer 3 and removal of all ID3 tags, they do repeat.

Note: If you plan on emailing an MP3 ringer to your phone there are some limits... 250K file size, sound files must end with extension .MID even if its an MP3 file, the ringer should not be more than 20 to 25secs). I've done some informal testing... I was able to send a 33 sec 260K in size .MP3 ringer that was renamed .mid to my phone via email. It did allow me to apply as ring tone. I also sent a 45sec 12K in size .MID ringer to my phone via email. It too allowed me to apply as ring tone. See my comments in this thread

Note: When it comes to renaming from .MP3 to .MID... Go into Control Panel -> Folder Options -> View tab. Find the box for "hide extensions for known file types" and remove the the check mark prior to trying to rename the file. Failure to do so will result in Mytone.MP3 being renamed as Mytone.mid.mp3... After you remove that check, mytone.mp3 will be properly renamed to mytone.mid.
    Now, as for how to save it as a ringer...
    If the file is the correct size, name, encoding, length, etc... and its been received as a message in the phone.... Open the message... press the center menu button... highlight "save items" press select -> under "save what" highlight "File" and press select. It opens and plays it. Press Store key... After a few seconds, I get two options... Store only and Apply as Ring Tone. I highlighted Appy as Ring Tone and pressed Select. It then became the default ringer for all calls under Menu -> Settings -> Ring Styles -> Details... And it is listed under Sounds in the phone's media gallery.

Also, keep in mind... (for verzion)... Ringers longer than about 30 seconds are just wasting space as...

The phone will only ring for about 25-30 seconds before the call goes to voice mail, so any part of the sound after that time will not play.

Now, if you have the phone set for Vibrate then Ring, it plays even less of the ringer sound. This is due to the time spent vibrating before it starts playing the ringtone.

As a test, you can try any of the ones I have on My RingTone page BUT for the .MP3 ones you'll still have to rename as .MID, or when downloading, change the "Save As Type" to ALL FILES *.* and change the file name in the box to xxxxxx.MID before you press the "save" button.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    P.S. I just did a couple more tests emailing MP3 ringers to my phone...
    as an email to [email protected] with the file attached.

The file used was an MP3 file... Stats as reported by WinAMP's File Info.. It is 253910bytes (which equals 247Kbytes) in size, 48kbit, 44100Hz, Mono, Mpeg 1 Layer 3 and is 42 seconds long. (yes I know it wont play the whole thing as a ringer)

First send. I did NOT rename it. It stayed as ScottyDoesntKnow1a.mp3. When it gets to the phone its listed as ScottyDoesntKnow1a.QCP (Qualcom PureVoice file) in the message and can not be used as a ringer. It can only be Stored and Played back.

Second Send... I DID rename it. Now its called ScottyDoesntKnow1a.mid.
    When it gets to the phone, its listed in the message as ScottyDoesntKnow1a.MID. The APPLY AS RINGTONE option is there too.

So for anyone missing the option to APPLY AS RINGTONE, I suggest you look at the message as it appears on your phone, and see. If it arrived as a .QCP file, then it is probably because the RENAME to .MID was not done properly on the PC.

Device(s)
    Motorola v 710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by RLG07734
    You don't convert it to a .mid file, you just rename the extension to .mid. I don't know the reasoning, but an mp3 file renamed with a mid extension is the only thing the phone will recognize as a ringtone.
    I never did that. Mine all have the .mp3 extension and are recognized as ringtones by the phone. LIke I said in my last post, I have done this 5 times and they all sound great. The only problem I ran into was MP3 ringtones have to be less than 60 seconds in length and must have short names.

Ernon
    Last edited by ernon; 06-13-2005 at 03:26 PM.

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ya ive been trying to find a way to do all this stuff for about the time ive owned my phone... 3 days. i thoaght that i was going to

pay 30-40 dollars for mobile phone tools 3.0
    pay 15-20 dollars for the stereo headset
    and
    pay 30- 40 dollars for the sandisk transflash(memory)

now, ive been trying to do this and i cant get the message to get to my phone. ive sent the message to * *** [email protected] can anyone tell me what i am doing wrong???

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast