Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: classical ringtones

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    wait...it just went thru. poor reception...
    quality is HORRIBLE tho...

i get my tones here...
    http://zano6.home.comcast.net/V710_Ringers.htm

any free ways to improve quality???
    Last edited by DOG_JR911 USA; 06-13-2005 at 07:35 PM. Reason: adding stuff

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    UPDATE!!!!
    i have found a way to get get high quality music on your phone.
    1. find music
    2. right click on file and select save as
    3. save as all file and add .midi to end of name
    ex. austinpowers.midi
    even if it means making it a midi if its a mp3
    4. the mp3 quality sucks and u cant ude it as a ringer so make it a midi
    5. email to phone ( i recommend yahoo mail)
    option a
    6a. save to phone.
    7a. go to media/sounds and choose ur song
    8a. select song a select play
    9a. press menu (center) and push apply as ringtone
    option b
    6b. open file and select save
    7b. select apply as ringtone

EASY A PIE

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DOG_JR911 USA
    wait...it just went thru. poor reception...
    quality is HORRIBLE tho...

i get my tones here...
    http://zano6.home.comcast.net/V710_Ringers.htm
    Are you saying my ringers sound horrible?? Lets not forget, these are PHONES and not $10,000 stereo systems here.

Understand the mp3 ring tones are NOT GOING TO BE CLOSE TO CD QUALITY when played on this phone no matter what. Even if they are 320Kbit encoded MP3's the speaker and "amp" in the phone are the weak links here. Plus you can't expect 40 and 48kbit encoded MP3s to sound anywhere NEAR "CD quality" even out of a really good "home" stereo system.

I'm not saying my ringers are perfect, but they are the best balance between Size and Sound when playing as a ringer on the phone through its built in speaker!

Can you post one that you feel sounds EXCELLENT? I'd like to compare.

any free ways to improve quality???
    Yeah, find the original UNCOPRESSED sound sample you want to use. Rip it from a CD, Movie, TV show, etc yourself. Open it in your favorite audio editor, edit it yourself and save it as an MP3.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 06-13-2005 at 09:12 PM.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Feedback Score
    I'm using "Is That My Phone.mp3" and it sounds very loud and clear on my phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    ...2. right click on file and select save as
    3. save as all file and add .midi to end of name
    ex. austinpowers.midi
    even if it means making it a midi if its a mp3
    Like I said above....
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    ...BUT for the .MP3 ones you'll still have to rename as .MID, or when downloading, change the "Save As Type" to ALL FILES *.* and change the file name in the box to xxxxxx.MID before you press the "save" button.
    BUT this is NOT MAKING a MIDI file. It is the same as RENAMING it.

...4. the mp3 quality sucks and u cant ude it as a ringer so make it a midi
    You are NOT converting MP3 to Midi. You are RENAMING.

There is a BIG difference. CONVERTING an MP3 to Midi would loose all "human voice" or "real sound" and sampled sounds. Consider the 50Cents_InDaClub.mp3 vs 50cents.mid or Better_Off_Alone.mid vs Better_Off_Alone.mp3 on my ringer page. The .MP3 has singing and is the original recording. The .mid is not the original and has no voice. The .MID's were done with a MIDI keyboard. The tones being played back when using the MIDI files as ringers is created by the tone generator on your phone. So assuming a good speaker and accurate tone generator, the Midi files will sound "cleaner."

MIDI files (musical instrument digital interface) hold just the instrument position number and what note to play type information, they do NOT contain the sound itself. That is why they are so small. Think of it this way... 20 years ago, you could buy a casio keyboard for $99. Unlike today's complex SAMPLING Keyboards, the casio had like 15 or 20 instrument sounds built in. that was all it could play. If you didn't like the "drum" sound, too bad that is all it had. If you wrote your own music and wanted to sample your own sounds (like a clip of your voice) and use that as a note that played when you press keys? you could NOT. Well, that is what Midi is. There are predefined instrument sounds generated by a tone generator only. Because each Midi device can use different tone generator chips, instrument sounds can (and usually will) sound different on each. While the sound position might indicate a guitar sound on both devices for example, on one device it might be Accoustic Guitar, on the other device that sound might be an Electric guitar sound. And an Acoustic guitar on one tone generator chip, might sound different then the Acoustic guitar sound on another Tone generator chip... So MIDI files I have that sounded good with the Correct instruments playing back on my old ORIGINAL ISA Creative Labs SoundBlaster sounded different when played on my SoundBlaster 16ASP with WaveBlaster add-on Midi device, and sounds different from my Soundblaster Live, which sounds different on my brothers Ensoniq ASR-10 sampling keyboard and sounds different when playing on my phones. Heck, even playing the same midi file on my Moto T730 can sound different then my V710.

Where as MP3 is an actual recording of the sound. The original true wave form sound. It can contain voice, real world sounds, etc. And the same file, played on different devices will sound exactly the same (audio quality of the output device not with standing) because the actual SOUND is stored in the MP3 file.
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 06-14-2005 at 09:00 AM.

Device(s)
    BB Tour
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint SERO :-)
    Feedback Score
    SIMPLE....
    Get Sony sound forge 7.0 or better

edit an mp3 you like and cut out 25sec worth...
    save as mp3 80kbs or 96kbs.. i prefer 96kbs.. save!

make sure its less that 350kb.. rename the extension to mid and send it to your phone... it sounds really nice!!

Device(s)
    V710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ... SRY ...
    im going to try buying a transflash card and moving directly thru usb

Feedback Score
    Mark, I got a stupid question.... my husband has a Samsung a650 cellphone through Verizon. Can I email the ringtones to his phone using his vrzpix email address the same way I do to my V710? I am assuming so and he would just need to figure out the proper menu/settings to apply them on his Samsung.

Thanks.

Laurie

Carrier(s)
    Verizon, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Samsung a650 will only play QCP files. You'll have to upload them through a data cable, because the phone isn't pix message capable. It's not really worth it though, because the phone has virtually no memory.

Feedback Score
    Thanks. I nearly wasted 25 cents.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Not only is it not worth it due to no memory on the phone, but the sound quality isn't that great either.

I sent my brother's A670 some of my ringers (directly from my phone), even the MIDI ringers sounded like garbage. They were distorted and not loud. It was Horrible.

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have been trying to get my mp3's on my transflash card as ringtones on my moto e815. I have read all these reviews and have tried renaming the file from a mp3 to a mid. IT DOES NOT WORK!!!! My friend who is a computer person and can hack into anything, says doing something as simple as changing the file name does not work. I dont understand how other people are able to get it to work?!?!?!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brwneyejerzgrl
    I have been trying to get my mp3's on my transflash card as ringtones on my moto e815.
    Well... files on the TF card can NOT Be used as ring tones.

If you want to use the sound file as a Ringtone, it must reside in the phone's memory. PERIOD. No way around this no matter what you do.

Next... as for renaming to MID... that is for the email trick to work with the V710 (and on occasion the E815)... its not needed if you Seem Edit the phone, and use MPT to put the sound file on the phone. Or if you seem edit the phone and re-enable the phone's ability to copy SOUND files between the TF and the phone's memory, and get the ringtone to the phone's memory that way.

My friend who is a computer person and can hack into anything, says doing something as simple as changing the file name does not work.
    if you do a little more research you will see that when using the "email trick" (which involves sending an email to [email protected] with the sound file attached)... Verizon's network will sometimes CONVERT MP3's along the way and they will be .QCP (qualcom purevoice files) by the time they get to the phone... and .QCP's can not be used as ring tones! So if you first RENAME the MP3 to .MID, this conversion does NOT take place, and the sound file can be used as a ring tone.

For reference, see what I put in POST # 13 of this thread.

For more info... visit my pages... when there, use the navigation links on the left... start with the E815 link, then the Stock Phone Link...

For the email trick... see the notes towards the bottom 1/2 of my transflash page (no the email trick does NOT require a transflash card, that is just where I happen to put the ways to put ring tones onto the phone WITHOUT using Get-It-Now)

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I went to vzwpix.com and i cannot find a way to send an email from that site. they have text and picture messaging, but no attachments can be sent.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by brwneyejerzgrl
    I went to vzwpix.com and i cannot find a way to send an email from that site. they have text and picture messaging, but no attachments can be sent.
    You are not emailing from the VZWPIX.COM web site... you are sending a "normal email" to your phone at a vzwpix.com address...

From Post #3...
    Download it to your pc... then send an email to the phone at [email protected] with the sound file attached. When recieved to your phone it can be saved as a ring tone.
    From Post #13...
    P.S. I just did a couple more tests emailing MP3 ringers to my phone...
    as an email to [email protected] with the file attached.
    Those do not say to email FROM the VZWPIX.COM web site, and I don't recall seeing any other posts in this thread directing you to send by visiting the VZWPIX.COM web page...

From POST # 28...
    For more info... visit my pages... when there, use the navigation links on the left... start with the E815 link, then the Stock Phone Link...

For the email trick... see the notes towards the bottom 1/2 of my transflash page (no the email trick does NOT require a transflash card, that is just where I happen to put the ways to put ring tones onto the phone WITHOUT using Get-It-Now)
    So... if you do visit and read that... you will see...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture's Transflash Page
    ...The "Email Trick"....Send a message to your phone using the VZWPIX.com service from your pc that contains the file you want to use as a ringer. (limits... 250K file size, sound files must end with extension .MID even if its an MP3 file, the ringer should not be more than 20 to 25secs). Also works as an email to [email protected] with the file attached.... This will cost $.25 per message. For more info see my Post In This thread, its based on my comments in THIS THREAD, especially Post #24 and Post #37
    Now I know that is a lot of reading... but trust me, if you take the time to slow down, and read it all... You will get it working, and you will be a lot less frustrated.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast