Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [Tutorials] - - CDM8940

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nucci
    Ok thanks that works. So there is no way to see the picture when making a call?
    has anyone figured out how to get the picture on the front LCD?
    as far as i know there is no known way to have picture caller ID on the outside LCD or anyway to even change the picture on the display. so basically the front LCD is off limits until a cell phone god and figure it out and let us mortals know.

Feedback Score
    does anybody know how to check how much memory is left on the phone after you've stored multiple wallpapers?

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 32GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    any one have a link where i can download drivers for 8940 data cables?

Feedback Score

Hello and some answers

Thanks all for the great info on this forum, I followed the tutorial and it all works great. Now we just have to figure out how to change those ugly subscreen pictures.

240NA
    I believe you can tell how much internal memory you are using by browsing to: Get it now -> Settings -> Manage Apps

The bottom of the screen should list the amount of used/available memory.

J Peezy
    The drivers are available on yahoo groups, follow the link at the top of the tutorial... they work great.

Device(s)
    SE S710a-Finally has it all!
    Carrier(s)
    Bact to Orange-cant give up the sim
    Feedback Score

front LED?

Has anyone figured how or if to change the LED on the front I hate how it cycles through all the colors when it rings. I would rather have it solid blue or something, or at least have profiles like the moto V600.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

free internet not working

having problem with free internet. i've gotten as far as the google page showing up and it brings up my web search results but when i click on the links i get "http error: 404 not found". how can i fix this?

Device(s)
    CDM8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

:sad:

Unfortunately my user life of the 8940 has ended today my phone fell in the ocean on the long island sound today while i was on my friends boat... i pulled the battery and let it dry for 5 hours and turned it on and it flashed and blinked then the camera flash lit and blinked and it shut off... i think that was her last breath :rolleyes2 hope i was able to give you all good advice... i'll prolly just end up buyin a cheap phone off ebay, i don't have the money to throw out to buy a new one... have fun all! and g'luck with the phone!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3GS 32GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    dont know why im having a problem with my phone and qpst. My lg vx8000 works fine. When i tried to put the audiovox in, it finds the com port that i hook the usb cable to but it doesnt find the phone...always says no phone but com port enabled. I think its a driver thing. I installed curitell drivers twice and future dial drivers once. I tried on com port7 then port 9. When i plug the phone in, it makes the plug sound so it recognizes a phone being plugged in but qpst always says no phone. It is something differant about this one, bc the service menu code isnt 000000?

Any one have a differant set of drivers i can download from somewhere?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by s0urc3d
    Unfortunately my user life of the 8940 has ended today my phone fell in the ocean on the long island sound today while i was on my friends boat... i pulled the battery and let it dry for 5 hours and turned it on and it flashed and blinked then the camera flash lit and blinked and it shut off... i think that was her last breath :rolleyes2 hope i was able to give you all good advice... i'll prolly just end up buyin a cheap phone off ebay, i don't have the money to throw out to buy a new one... have fun all! and g'luck with the phone!
    if you've got insurance you can just pay the $50 and get another one. So sorry about your phone.

Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM8910
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Crap-tasticness
    Feedback Score
    no... just make sure you can't see any sign's of water damage, dry it up as good as you can...

take it into your vzw store, and tell them "uhhh... it just stopped working"... they'll see if it can be turned on, and you said it can't, and they'll just give you a new phone... I've done it a few times, lol...

so go get your 8940 back!!
    Dude... know that chick you used to mess around with...
    I heard she gave AIDS to a ton of people... but I've got good news!
    I just saved a bunch of money by switching my car insurance to Geico!

Feedback Score

Unhappy Help I lost my free internet

I was using pamela's hex files. I backed up the originals before i put her's on there and it worked at first and said enter your homepage but after that i got a http error. I figured one of my proxy's went down so i checked them and changed them but still no luck. Then i put the original files back on but i still get this http error. What to do? Can someone post the nvup files on here cause maybe i didnt back one up. Thanks

Device(s)
    CDM8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hey everyone I got my phone to work! I took the whole thing apart and I let it dry a little more and shes back! the front lcd is a lil water logged and the main display is a lil f'd up but everything else works! its better than a broken 8940 thats for sure I am back in the game! while i was inside i was taking a look at some of the possible reasons for the speaker phone volume level to be lacking and i didn't see anything that we could do other an replace the mini speaker with an upgrade? talk to you all soon!

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by s0urc3d
    Hey everyone I got my phone to work! I took the whole thing apart and I let it dry a little more and shes back! the front lcd is a lil water logged and the main display is a lil f'd up but everything else works! its better than a broken 8940 thats for sure I am back in the game! while i was inside i was taking a look at some of the possible reasons for the speaker phone volume level to be lacking and i didn't see anything that we could do other an replace the mini speaker with an upgrade? talk to you all soon!
    that awesome!! good job!

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8920T
    Carrier(s)
    Telus Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Just a quick question...will these methods work with a CDM8920T?

Device(s)
    Iphone 4 black 16gb
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Thanks guys this is a good soure for my new 8940, I also have been having that 404 error, so I might need new ips do you guys recommend transparent only..?
    all I want is a cool looking, responsive capacitive touch screen, useful keyboard with swype, 10+ megapixel high quality backlit sensor with optical zoom, xenon flash, 64gb storage, bluetooth/infrared/wifi, fm radio, flashlight, open app store, customizable text ringtones, int/ext pic/vid caller id, good battery life, high sensitivity gps chipset, and a responsive open source gui, on a high quality cell phone network with real 4g is that too much to ask?

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast