Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [Tutorials] - - CDM8940

Feedback Score
    Thanks a lot for the free browser tutorial.. however how do we know this is free for sure? I'm just in need of reissurance before my bill comes and it's through the roof. Thanks a lot. -G

Feedback Score
    hey guys,

I just tried the free web part of the tutorial. I assigned everything AP1 & AP2 in the UP link 1,2,3 all different proxy servers from http://www.publicproxyservers.com/ with the same port of 80. but when i finish and go into browser it gives me the error "network unavailable, try again later". Im in the US and using all the US proxy servers. Can you guys help me out of am i doing something wrong?

Device(s)
    Curve 8330
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Free Aim with Free Internet

I have free internet on my phone with all of the stuff i put on it and i was wondering if anyone has found a site that you can use to for free Aim Messenger without using your plans text messages?

Feedback Score
    A lot of the proxies on there dont work. Somewhere on these forums i found a site that tests your proxies. Worked very well and now i got free wap on my phone. But im sorry but i do not have that site on here anymore.

Feedback Score
    Hm....my internal memory is starting to fill up....how do i send the pictures/ringtones/videos to SD card instead of to the internal memory using QPST?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I don't think you can send them to you SD card with qpst.

I just got an 8940, well my girlfriend did anyway. (i think it's hers, she hasn't touched it much since I got my hands on it )

I don't have an SD card, but I would think there would be some way to send them to the card through the phone itself, then get a USB SD card reader.

Or, copy them to your PC using qpst, (you'll still need the USB SD card reader), and copy them from your PC to the card.

That is my best guess at this point, till we get an SD card anyway.

(edit) if you have the insurance, verizon will replace the phone if it's stolen, lost or broken for 50$.
    Last edited by Tepid; 07-27-2005 at 10:44 PM.

Feedback Score
    Well thing is i cant jus get a card reader and add the pictures and videos onto the miniSD card like u can with the .mp3 files........the only way to transfer the video and pictures( and make it actually work) is through the data cable....

Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM-8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm a new member and have been following this thread for a while. Most everyhting has worked for me except the video transfer. The phone makes 3g2 files that quicktime can't read even with the 3gpp2 plugin, and STOIK doesn't seem to have an option to create 3g2 files that can be read by the phone. I tried sending WMVs to the phone but it never finds them (even after a reboot and VCast attempt). The only way i've been able to get a vid on there (or picture for that matter, which is what i have to add) is to create a vid/pic on the phone and overwrite it so the phone thinks it created it. AVS video editor will output 3g2 files (with their banner on the free version) and if you title them "mpeg0001.3g2" or whatever matches, the video plays great. Same with pictures. Snap a random picture and overwrite it w/ a .jpg and you're rolling. Great thing about importing pics thios way is that that can be used for almost anything, like wallpaper and caller ID.

Now for the MP3 part. I bought a 1gig miniSD and it works great, but I've got a alot of mp3s (I cut it down below 512MB because I thought it couldn't address the whole gig) and it always check mark's the last bunch of the songs when accessed. Then if you uncheck them all it'll crash. Funny thing is it seems to randomly pick through all of the songs even if i leave it alone.

one more slight problem is that it seem like once you overwrite a file it doesn't like to move ti to the SD card...I'm still working on it.

Anyways, please let me know what I'm doing wrone w/ the video tranfer. Maybe I should change the extension to 3g2? But then I would think I should code it in mpeg4, not windows media.

I haven't tried adding pics to wallpaper, maybe that works well too, but I hope this helps.

Thanks,
    Tony

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have started playing with this. QPST is not the best to use in my opinion, but it's all I have found so far.

I get random errors from QPST when I start it and it reads the phone.
    It doesn't like the file system that much.

I also can not pull pictures from QPST as stated in the tutorial. They always come out with 0 kb. Weather locked for exclusive use or not.
    I have also noticed that sometimes the rest of the folders under brew/shared will only show up randomly when I connect to the phone. (ie anim, video etc.)
    Those folders do not show up in bitpim either.

I did upload one ring tone and it works.

I'm sure that over writing a jpg already there will work.

I just tried BitPim and was able to pull the pictures to my pc.
    This phones camera is not that bad actually.

will have to look at this more later.

Device(s)
    Audiovox CDM-8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    http://www.3gcables.com/

I bought the cable from this guy. I don't think the 8940 is listed on the website, but the Audiovox cable works. I bought 2 for less than a radio shack one (they didn't even have em).

Device(s)
    Vox CDM8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm trying to get mobile web working, and I have a couple questions:

1) To use waptunnel, do we just put the IP and port 9201 in the UP Link menus, where the tutorial instructs to put proxies?
    2) Does the starting page go under the "Host Config" menu? I'm trying to get to my tagtag page, and it never asks for a full URL anywhere in that menu, only a host name and port.
    3) If I use Pamela's edited files, THEN what settings are we supposed to use for the UP Link and Host config menus? Should we reset those to factory settings?

Thanks,
    Mike

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Boozer
    I'm trying to get mobile web working, and I have a couple questions:

1) To use waptunnel, do we just put the IP and port 9201 in the UP Link menus, where the tutorial instructs to put proxies?
    2) Does the starting page go under the "Host Config" menu? I'm trying to get to my tagtag page, and it never asks for a full URL anywhere in that menu, only a host name and port.
    3) If I use Pamela's edited files, THEN what settings are we supposed to use for the UP Link and Host config menus? Should we reset those to factory settings?

Thanks,
    Mike
    Ok you want to change the port to 80 like it says and get two workin proxies then you put pamelas hexed files on there.You dont want you use any of the factory settings or it costs money. so hope this helps.

Feedback Score
    the first post on the first page tells you where to put the proxies. It gives you instructions . and yes you put ur webpage under host name in host config. You change the port number to 80 and delete the auth id and pw. for the proxies you will have to find two workin proxies then you go to up link 1 and put it in AP1-1p and the other in AP2-1P change the Ap1 port and Ap2 port to 80. Repeat these steps for the up link 2 and 3. Than put the hexed files on your phone. Then you can get free wap like me and others.

Device(s)
    Vox CDM8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I understand how proxies work. The question is what to put in the host name field. If I put "wap.google.com:80" into the host name field, openwave will start at google. Pamela's files are basically edited to change the preset homepage from "http://homepage/" to "http://www.tagtag.com/pamela80".

So, if I put wap.google.com into the host name field AND I have the hexed files to change the home page, which page will it go to? Google, or pamela's tagtag site?

If in fact I use the hexed files and set the host name to wap.google.com, it ****s up. It goes to google, but openwave sees the address as "http://tagtag.c/". It's not quite as straightforward as that, there must be another solution.

And where it asks "host name," I can't enter http://www.tagtag.com/mytagtagsite. It's not asking for a url. It's asking for a host name and port

Feedback Score

Anyone successfull with .wmv on the Audiovox CDM8940?

Hello, noob here...

I tried to follow the sticky guide on how to make video clips for the 8940 and I must be doing something wrong.The clips show up but they just have a red X and say unable to play clip.If I follwed the instructions what else might I be doing wrong?

Also is there any folder accessible in QPST where you can store MP3's resident on the phone? (I dont have a Mini SD card yet)

Thanks for any help!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast