Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: [Tutorials] - - CDM8940

Device(s)
    Lg 9800/ THE V
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    how long does it usally take STOIK video converter 2 to convert a file around 1mb?

Device(s)
    audiovox cdm-8910
    Carrier(s)
    (atlanta) metropcs
    Feedback Score
    Setting up FREE Web

1. Dial, YES DIAL, ##browser and then hit the red call end button!

2. goto http://www.publicproxyservers.com/index.html and get 2 IP's with port 80 or 8080.

3. set the "UP Proxy IP" for "UP Link1,2,3" to "AP1-IP" and "AP2-IP" where ap1 is your first ip and ap2 is your second ip. be sure to enter the ports for each also!

4. set the "Host Config" "Host Name" to whatever you choose to use! i've gotten:

wap.google.com
    wap.yahoo.com
    wap.ebay.com

5. enter the "Port Number" under "Host Config" to whatever port 80 or 8080 according to the UP Links that you chose!

6. delete the "Auth ID" and "Auth PW"!

7. open your web browser!

As far as the battery life of this phone goes... Buy an extended life battery! Other than that this is the best phone I've owned in 8 years of cell phone use! Have fun everyone! Enjoy!!! [/QUOTE]

hi there source893d...
    i have an audiovox cdm-8910 phone and i followed your instructions to get on the web with my phone..i found some free i.p. addresses and tried several while following the instructions dead letter...my carrier is metropcs here in atlanta..the phone tries to connect and it tells me "network not responding" can you help me get online?
    thanx alot
    *J*

Device(s)
    iphone 4s
    Carrier(s)
    VERIZON, only, verizon
    Feedback Score
    yup over here in hawaii extended batts were discounted and came out to be like 40 bucks. but how much more days well it last... my standard last me for 3-5 days max!

Feedback Score
    Hi, I haven't been able to fully access the WAP either. I'm pretty new to this.. After I set the host name to wap.yahoo.com or wap.google.com, how do I navigate to another website? I get hte same error elsewhere and i can only navigate through the home host site. i can search google but I can't access the results. please help! thanks!

Feedback Score
    anyone, please??

Feedback Score

Help! Got ringtones to Media Gallery-not to Ringtones

I followed the directions and the QPST did upload my ringtones to the Media Gallery, but I can't get them into my ringtones folder...I know it must be something really stupid, but can anyone help

Device(s)
    AudioVox CDM 8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by mark1222
    I followed the directions and the QPST did upload my ringtones to the Media Gallery, but I can't get them into my ringtones folder...I know it must be something really stupid, but can anyone help
    Follow this: Menu-->7-->1-->1-->1, then push right arrow twice. Now you'll see your New ringtones.
    There is no need to transfer them into the ringtone folder.

Device(s)
    AudioVox CDM 8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by lolzantz
    hey guys,

I just tried the free web part of the tutorial. I assigned everything AP1 & AP2 in the UP link 1,2,3 all different proxy servers from http://www.publicproxyservers.com/ with the same port of 80. but when i finish and go into browser it gives me the error "network unavailable, try again later". Im in the US and using all the US proxy servers. Can you guys help me out of am i doing something wrong?
    I'm having the same problem. I tested those proxies and they are working on my comuter. But there is no response on the phone.

Device(s)
    AudioVox CDM 8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here's my question: How to transfer pictures from PC into the "pix" folder or the jpeg folder on the phone? I think it's easier to use pictures as wallpaper since we don't need to resize them. Also I can't make the wallpaper to fill the whole screen. It only stand in the middle as a small image no matter what size I put in the wallpaper folder (I tried the one 179x205 mentioned by OP).
    Any thoughts?

Feedback Score

Can't get the tones into 7-1-1-1

I tried your suggestion, Neverminda, but I'm still having trouble. The "7" on the menu option is for sounds. My ringtones don't show up there. I can see them if I press "6" (Media Gallery), then "4" (Tones). I can't do anything to them from there. I can't get them into "7".
    I rechecked using QPST, and I see them in the correct folder, but I can't get them to my "7" opion. Did I blow it on the "Get it now" step?

Device(s)
    AudioVox CDM 8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=mark1222]I tried your suggestion, Neverminda, but I'm still having trouble. The "7" on the menu option is for sounds. My ringtones don't show up there. I can see them if I press "6" (Media Gallery), then "4" (Tones). I can't do anything to them from there. I can't get them into "7".
    I rechecked using QPST, and I see them in the correct folder, but I can't get them to my "7" opion. Did I blow it on the "Get it now" step? [/QUOT}
    Actually your menu are same as mine, I thought yours maybe a little different. You can get it by following my previous instruction, to the every end!
    Or you can try it in a different way. Go to "menu-->settings>sound-->ringer type-->ringer, now push right arrow twice, you should be able to pull your "downloaded" ringtones there.

Yes, they are in different folder, but it won't matter. May this help.

Device(s)
    AudioVox CDM 8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up Success to connect the phone's mp3 player to a stereo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bought an adapter (#274-373, 3/32" to 1/8 " regular, $3.99), and a regular 1' extension cable ($2.99) to connect from the adapter to my car cd player.
    Like other guys who also tried this, I also tried to connect them directly and only got mono sound (right speaker), and the adapter was also slipping out the phone from time to time.

I played them around today and accidently found that I'll get stereo sound if I only plug the cable into the adapter halfway! You can try to move it around to find the perfect position of the cable into the adapter. Then I fixed the connection by tape.

More exciting is that we can actually plug the adapter into the cellphone fully without slipping out problem. The only thing you need to do is to pull the earbud cover away when you plug in the adapter. Just be careful not to pull it out.

Now I can enjoy the cellphone mp3 player playing my favorite songs anytime when I drive (I drive a lot). Hope you guys can also work this out.
    Last edited by neverminda; 09-25-2005 at 12:08 AM.

Device(s)
    CDM8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Hey everyone!

Hey phone freaks. How are you all? Just checking in. I don't have much time to read through all the newly posted threads as I'm busy lately, nor do I have any new additions to the post. Anyone want to brief me on some of the new things you creative thinkers have figured out? I see the last post here I guess you all have been hookin up to the car stereo! Nice. I have my 20gig dj so thats not rele practical for me. Fill me in though. Have fun.

Feedback Score
    can anyone PM me or post directions on how to get a mini SD card to work.. i think im doing something wrong as my comp freezes everytime i try to open the removable drive after i format it and all..idk

Device(s)
    CDM8940
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

sd

Quote Originally Posted by jdiritto
    can anyone PM me or post directions on how to get a mini SD card to work.. i think im doing something wrong as my comp freezes everytime i try to open the removable drive after i format it and all..idk
    Hey J. When you format and then hook up the card to the computer... how are you reading the card to the computer? what kind of card is it? all the phone is doing when you format is creating the default folders that the phone will read from.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast