Setting up FREE Web
1. Dial, YES DIAL, ##browser and then hit the red call end button!
2. goto http://www.publicproxyservers.com/index.html and get 2 IP's with port 80 or 8080.
3. set the "UP Proxy IP" for "UP Link1,2,3" to "AP1-IP" and "AP2-IP" where ap1 is your first ip and ap2 is your second ip. be sure to enter the ports for each also!
4. set the "Host Config" "Host Name" to whatever you choose to use! i've gotten:
5. enter the "Port Number" under "Host Config" to whatever port 80 or 8080 according to the UP Links that you chose!
6. delete the "Auth ID" and "Auth PW"!
7. open your web browser!
As far as the battery life of this phone goes... Buy an extended life battery! Other than that this is the best phone I've owned in 8 years of cell phone use! Have fun everyone! Enjoy!!! [/QUOTE]
hi there source893d...
i have an audiovox cdm-8910 phone and i followed your instructions to get on the web with my phone..i found some free i.p. addresses and tried several while following the instructions dead letter...my carrier is metropcs here in atlanta..the phone tries to connect and it tells me "network not responding" can you help me get online?