Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: The Ultimate MCC-MNC List for the USA

Device(s)
    Primary GSM: Motorola V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation 450 with GAIT access, FastForward, Rollover, and MEdia Works w/unlimited WIX
    Feedback Score
    New MNC's:
    310-650: Jasper Systems
    310-710: ASTAC Cellular
    311-310: Lamar Cellular
    Tutorial- Customize Your Moto: http://xlr8.us/hofo/ | Moto Seem Hack Map: http://xlr8.us/hofo/map.txt
    Look at all my pretty pictures (and movies)... http://xlr8.us/moblog/
    Boards I Read: Motorola Main, Motorola Modding, Cingular (If you need my help, post in the appropriate one.)
    Quote Originally Posted by troyboy30
    he's a seem edit GOD! Good work X.

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Google Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00
    That's impossible, because States may have more then one active GSM network.
    For an example in California there are four GSM networks throughout this State.
    Where are these certain areas you want the network codes for?
    Soon to be five with Cell One of San Luis Obispo turning their GSM up this year.

So in CA we'll have Cingular, T-Mobile, Edge Wireless, Alltel and Cellular One of SLO.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2
    Soon to be five with Cell One of San Luis Obispo turning their GSM up this year.

So in CA we'll have Cingular, T-Mobile, Edge Wireless, Alltel and Cellular One of SLO.
    I'm so curious about this. I wonder if they are turning on GSM just in preparation for TDMA going away, or if they are going to become an affiliate for somebody? I would imagine a GSM overlay is expensive, and I also can't imagine that their "local only" user base is that big since this county really isn't that big. I wouldn't think they could recoup the cost of the overlay, but heck, what do I know!

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The Gopher
    Is there a map with these codes? I'd like to load up on some of these before I go to certain areas of the country. Or, at least associate each code with a state.
    For maps, if you can figure out which operators are in your particular state, then you can look them up here:
    http://www.gsmworld.com/roaming/gsminfo/cou_us.shtml
    Some of the maps are outdated, but it gives you a good idea where they operate.
    Unfortunately it's not so easy to go the other way, finding out which operators are in an area. My suggestion is to try to use google to get that answer.
    Last edited by taylorh; 08-07-2006 at 07:13 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ilvla2

What I'm wondering if there's a relationship between Dobson Communications and SLO Cellular One since Dobson does now own the Celluar One brand name and the service area map I have and their website doesn't make any mention of service in SLO County. Will Dobson Communications include SLO Cellular One in their service area once GSM is up and running?

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    What I'm wondering if there's a relationship between Dobson Communications and SLO Cellular One since Dobson does now own the Celluar One brand name and the service area map I have and their website doesn't make any mention of service in SLO County. Will Dobson Communications include SLO Cellular One in their service area once GSM is up and running?
    If they see the need for a roaming agreement with them, it'll happen. Most GSM providers have an agreement with Dobson because of their large GSM footprint across suburban and rural America and their strong presence in Alaska.
    Chances are there will at least be a unilateral agreement allowing SLO's customers to roam on Dobson.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    I didn't mean roaming wise, but ownership of Cellular One SLO and recognizing it as a Cellular One market since Cellular One is technically a brand name of Dobson.

Device(s)
    iPhone X, iPhone 7
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I didn't mean roaming wise, but ownership of Cellular One SLO and/or recognizing it as a Cellular One market since Cellular One is technically a brand name of Dobson.
    Probably not. SLO is far away from Dobson's other markets. Dobson concentrates on markets that surround major cities, mostly in the northeast and midwest. They license the brand name to many different providers, but they aren't marketed as if Dobson owns them. They say Cellular One from Dobson Cellular Systems if it's Dobson-owned. SLO would call themselves Cellular One of San Luis Obispo.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    310-570 is MTPCS, LLC (Chinook Wireless) in Montana

Redwood Valley,NorCal/but SoCal Born and Raised/Pocatello,ID
    Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy Note 8, Google Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus, Samsung Gear S3 Frontier,
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by blkballoon925
    Probably not. SLO is far away from Dobson's other markets. Dobson concentrates on markets that surround major cities, mostly in the northeast and midwest. They license the brand name to many different providers, but they aren't marketed as if Dobson owns them. They say Cellular One from Dobson Cellular Systems if it's Dobson-owned. SLO would call themselves Cellular One of San Luis Obispo.

Cellular One of San Luis Obispo is independently owned, Dobson has nothing to do with them as far as I know. Celluar One West was owned by Western Wireless until Alltel took it over and changed their name to Alltel. Oh, by the way, their GSM is live and active now

Feedback Score

Great Posting...

I don''t quite understand all of what this means, but I am learning...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T,
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by xlr8
    New MNC's:
    310-710: ASTAC Cellular
    that system might actually be turned on this year too. They finally selected a vendor last month, even saw some climbers...

Device(s)
    Rim 8700c
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Connected to a retired MNC

I see on my Cingular Blackberry 8700c that I'm associated with the 310-380 MNC instead of 310-410. Why is this and how do I change it?

Device(s)
    iPhone 7 Plus 256GB Apple Black
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon, T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morar
    I see on my Cingular Blackberry 8700c that I'm associated with the 310-380 MNC instead of 310-410. Why is this and how do I change it?
    You're in California where Cingular is still 310-380 from the AT&T wireless merger a couple of years ago and hasn't switched to 310-410 yet.

Device(s)
    V3xx
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score

310-380

I would like to know cities with 310-380 network still active.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast