Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ringtones not making it to the phone

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Page-Plus
    Feedback Score
    ok, i got it through aol, but its just plain text...

Feedback Score
    I am using a Samsung A950. You guys all seem really helpful here. I have this ringtone I want to put on my phone and I'm having difficulting texting it to my phone.

I took an mp3 file and I renamed it to a .mid. It is <b>definitely</b> as a midi now and no longer being recognized as mp3. I sent it as an attachment from my hotmail account to my cell phone. I receive the message on my cell phone.

It shows up in a message as <<filename.mid>>

However when I try to save the sound it says there is no sound file.

Any advice?

Device(s)
    vx9900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i called verizon, and they told me that, the v276, cant have ringtones from a comouter, they said that it cant comply with it.... if there anyone that knows how to crack it?? or suggests a program how to crack it??

Feedback Score

Followed All Direction To No Avail

Hi guys
    Ive downloaded the test file from marks site and removed the "_" symbol and left the .mp3 extension because i have an E815 so it can stay .mp3. Im using Gmail and my phone beeps and it says I have a file waiting for download but when i press download it says, "unable to download file, please try again later". I have been retrying to download for hours. How do i fix this error. I also am a member of vzwpics so I dont know why this wouldnt work.

Thank You

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pbajwabb
    Hi guys
    Ive downloaded the test file from marks site and removed the "_" symbol and left the .mp3 extension because i have an E815 so it can stay .mp3. Im using Gmail and my phone beeps and it says I have a file waiting for download but when i press download it says, "unable to download file, please try again later". I have been retrying to download for hours. How do i fix this error. I also am a member of vzwpics so I dont know why this wouldnt work.

Thank You
    I will not answer... why?? Because you can't read the RED LINK IN MY SIGNATURE!!!

You PM'd me at 00:42, Posted this one at 00:45, and posted HERE at 00:57....

ALL Three with the EXACT SAME TEXT!!!!
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fibi713
    Hi, I have a similar problem with sending ringtones to my phone. I renamed it to song.mid
    I've tried it before and it only worked once. What happened to me is that I receive the txt with the attachment but when I open the attachment, the ringtone is only 1 second long when it should be a full ringtone.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks!
    you can hear the ringtone for only couple of seconds in the message preview pane. you need to save the sound by going to the options and you will get your full ringtone

Feedback Score
    what phone are you using, a v3c or v3m. i heard the email trick only works on the v3c not the v3m

Device(s)
    VX9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I have a hacked e815 phone. I can get ringtones .mp3 or .mid files on my phone no problem. Now I am trying to send them to my v276 phone vi a pix messages. I have successfully sent
    StarTrek-NextGen.mid at 7kb
    And
    Halloween(theme).mid at 7kb
    Both from Mark V’s website.

Now when I send larger files like 90kb I start having problems.
    These songs were taken off
    http://vzw.ztango.com/vzwtones

If I send a song.mp3 I can receivethen and listen to them but not use it as a ringtone.
    If I changed it to song.mid (yes I can see the hidden file extensions so its not song.mid.mp3) the type is now midi sequence. it won’t recognize the file type. can't even hear it.
    If I change it to song.midi the type is now neroMediaPlayer media files (but if I open it, it opens in media player). It also won’t recognize the file.

I think the files are to big to set as ringtones for the v276. Any ideas on how to make them smaller.

Also I know the mp3 files do have voices in them and I don’t think that should be a problem because I downloaded a midi file from verizon and it has voices in it and can be used as a ringtone. It is 37.8 Kb according to the cell phone. Note: my v276 says the halloween(theme) is 3.71 Kb and not 7 Kb like the computer says

I have the same problems if I try to send a poly ringtone.

I also tyied chooseing my phone from the device list on http://vzw.ztango.com/vzwtones
    But it is not listed only the
    260 265 325 A840 E815 V710
    Does anyone also know if any of these phones are similar to the V276. I know the e815 and V710 aren’t.

thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thedaver79
    Does anyone also know if any of these phones are similar to the V276. I know the e815 and V710 aren’t.

thanks
    You'll want to seach the forums on V276.... from what I remember, the V276 does NOT support MP3 files...

If you email, they get converted (by verizon's network) to .QCP (qualcom purevoice files) along the way which can NOT be used as ring tones...

a way around it... use Yamaha SMAF formatted files, renamed to .MID...

two threads of interest...
    V276
    Motorola V276 "MP3 Ringtones" Unlocked!

Device(s)
    VX9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Ok ok I figured it out.

I now have music with voices on my v276.

I used information from these site a little bit of both.

http://www.sprintusers.com/free-ringtones.php
    http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...9&postcount=19

I will post a more detailed tutorial latter.

On the v276 it works but they are not very loud, but just as loud as the other ringtones. But on my E815 (I use it to send the files over cuz I have free pix messaging) It is SUPER LOUD. I’m talking if your at a noisy bar and you phone rings you WILL hear it. A cool side effect.

I think I can fix it on the v276 by following the direction on the first link.

PS. I noticed that there was a v276m in MPT does anyone know the seem edit or a link?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Try the Yamaha SMAF's they might be louder than Qualcom Purevoice...

Examples... http://mark.cdmaforums.com use the RING TONE link on the left... Grab any .MID with a * next to it... like Axel-F-Theme.mid*

or use the old ones at http://zano6.home.att.net/MyRingTones.htm

how I made them see -> http://zano6.home.att.net/VoiceRing.htm

Device(s)
    VX9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Orignially posted my me
    But on my E815 (I use it to send the files over cuz I have free pix messaging) It is SUPER LOUD.
    I will post a more detailed tutorial latter.

ok that super load ringtone doesn't work. My phone started acting real sluggish and slow that day. so I power cycled it and then the ringtone just didn't ring, no sound at all. everthing else was fine. I tried to do it to a diffent ringtone and it was not any louder on my phone just poorer quality sound. so no ringtone. no tutorial

I will look more into it later and try some of marks site. Doing WAP now.

Device(s)
    RAZR v3m
    Feedback Score
    OK. I could use a little help here. I tried sending a ringtone file as an .mp3 to my phone. As expected, it converted to a QCP, however, it did allow me to assign this file as a ringtone.

I then tried converting the file to a midi file and this is where I am having problems. I followed the instructions on Mark Venture's page to convert it from an mp3 to a mid file so it is now xxxx.mid, not xxxx.mid.mp3.

I tried sending that file to my phone, however, the file will not open. It just says Unable to download." I am using the new RAZR v3m. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, to rename the file, I am simply right clicking and deleting the .mp3 and replacing it with .mid. When I view the properties it displays as a .mid file, not an mp3.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Doug

Device(s)
    RAZR v3m
    Feedback Score
    Has anyone gotten this to work on the Razr v3m?? If so, please let me know what you did.

Doug

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoldring
    OK. I could use a little help here. I tried sending a ringtone file as an .mp3 to my phone. As expected, it converted to a QCP, however, it did allow me to assign this file as a ringtone.

I then tried converting the file to a midi file and this is where I am having problems. I followed the instructions on Mark Venture's page to convert it from an mp3 to a mid file so it is now xxxx.mid, not xxxx.mid.mp3.

I tried sending that file to my phone, however, the file will not open. It just says Unable to download." I am using the new RAZR v3m. Anyone have any suggestions?

Oh, to rename the file, I am simply right clicking and deleting the .mp3 and replacing it with .mid. When I view the properties it displays as a .mid file, not an mp3.

Any suggestions??

Thanks,

Doug
    sounds lilke a filesize problem.
    Make sure it is under 340k (though you could probably make it a hell of a lot smaller than that if it is just a short ringtone).

Device(s)
    RAZR v3m
    Feedback Score
    Thanks, Humpa. Are there any settings or properties I can change to reduce the file size?

Doug
    Last edited by dgoldring; 08-03-2006 at 10:56 AM.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoldring
    Thanks, Humpa. Are there any settings or properties I can change to reduce the file size?

Doug
    http://mark.cdmaforums.com - go to the Ringtones page - plenty of info there (including links to various audio editing software)

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wcupk
    what phone are you using, a v3c or v3m. i heard the email trick only works on the v3c not the v3m
    Um.. Yes this DOES work for the V3M..

Device(s)
    RAZR v3m
    Feedback Score
    OK. I finally got the ringtones to work!! Humpa, you were absolutely right. The file size was the problem. Mark_venture, thanks so much for all of the helpful information on your site. Inever would have figured it out otherwise.

Essentially, what I ended up doing was converting my file to a .wav file. This has twice the compression of .mp3, so it madethe file 50% smaller. Then, I renamed it to a .mid file and emailed it to my phone. Worked like a charm (finally).

Doug

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    wavs have twice the compression as mp3s? get outta town?!
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast