Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: ringtones not making it to the phone

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    wavs have twice the compression as mp3s? get outta town?!
    I started to respond to that when I first read it, but ended up just closing the browser window instead.
    Some things are just so obvious as to need no correcting.

Device(s)
    DROID by Motorola
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (MOT-8720_/00.62 UP.Browser/6.2.3.4.c.1.104 (GUI) MMP/2.0)

Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    Quote Originally Posted by Ry Ry
    wavs have twice the compression as mp3s? get outta town?!
    I started to respond to that when I first read it, but ended up just closing the browser window instead.
    Some things are just so obvious as to need no correcting.
    Whatever works...
    >>Recent Cellular Phone History: ...Motorola RIZR Z6tv, LG VX9100 enV2, Apple iPhone 3G, BlackBerry Bold 9000, Apple iPhone 3GS, Motorola DROID, Google Nexus One, HTC Tattoo, Apple iPhone 4

Motorola Droid [Gingerbread GPA12 with 1.00Ghz_LV_V0.1.zip 450MHz/1GHz Interactive via Peter Alfonso]

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoldring
    Essentially, what I ended up doing was converting my file to a .wav file. This has twice the compression of .mp3, so it madethe file 50% smaller. Then, I renamed it to a .mid file and emailed it to my phone. Worked like a charm (finally).
    HUH????

WAV 3min song = aprox 45 MEG...
    MP3 3min song at 320kbit = aprox 10 Meg...
    Mp3 3min song at 128kbit = aprox 4.5meg...

so i have no idea waht you did.. but if it works... Um, ok.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    RAZR v3m
    Feedback Score
    I don't really have an answer for you guys. Like I said, I am new to all of this, so you all are the experts. All I did was take a WMA formatted song and converted it to mp3 The 30 second clip was about 400-450k. Then, I took the same clip and converted it from WMA to WAV and the clip was about 250k. Changed the .wav extension to .mid and it emailed it to my phone.

Like I said, I am new to this whole arena, so I can't explain it. Although, I do have to say to Ry-Ry and Humpa, there is really no need to be such an *******.

DO NOT BYPASS THE SWEAR FILTER
    Last edited by Moderator HF 19; 08-07-2006 at 10:43 AM.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dgoldring
    I don't really have an answer for you guys. Like I said, I am new to all of this, so you all are the experts. All I did was take a WMA formatted song and converted it to mp3 The 30 second clip was about 400-450k. Then, I took the same clip and converted it from WMA to WAV and the clip was about 250k. Changed the .wav extension to .mid and it emailed it to my phone.
    Sorry, I'm just curious here... I've gone from CD to wav... and CD to Mp3... and CD to WMA...

Of course the Encoding rates (for MP3 and WMA) do make a difference in file size... as you can see by the numbers I've posted...

Could the going from WMA (compressed) to WAV have something to do with it? Plus there are different ways to make/encode WAV's which also have an effect on overall sizes...

But I'm more curious how your phone can play them... most phones CAN't play WAV files, even if they are renamed to mid.... I know my Moto V710 and E815 can NOT play .WAV's as ring tones, even when renamed as Midi..... (I've pulled the shutter tones for the camera off the phone, they are WAV's... I opended them, and used the same encoding settings to try and make ring tones... no luck... I've also just copied the shutter tones to the pc, renamed them to TEST1.MID and droppped them back on the phone and they didn't work...)

BUT hey, WHAT EVER WORKS FOR YOU!!! that is what is important!!!
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 08-07-2006 at 09:10 AM.

Device(s)
    i870
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    just had the same problem but changed browsers and its workin now was using firefox but no go........ explorer no problem

Device(s)
    VX9100
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Louder Ringtones

Ok I finally made my first ringtone. I mainly used mark's quick tutorial on cool edit pro. Its really quick.

I'm using cool Edit Pro 2.00

To make your ringtone louder go to
    Effects/Amplitude/Normalize
    changed "Normalized to" 100 to 300 or whatever you want.
    You notice the lines will get bigger. I would be careful not to increase it too much. It may damage your speakers or get distorted.

Now save it as mark says in the tutrial.

good Luck

Note: when your done you have to change it back to 100 or next time it will be at 300 and you new ringtone won't be louder unless you then make it 500 instead of 300
    Last edited by thedaver79; 11-07-2006 at 07:03 PM.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5