Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ringtones not making it to the phone

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score

ringtones not making it to the phone

im trying to email rings to my phone and there just not getting there. i just got the phone today but its all up and i have gotten texts and stuff before so im not sure why its not working. the verizon wireless pix sending thing doesnt let me send it (says bad media type or something when i try to upload it). any help would be appreciated.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morph166955
    im trying to email rings to my phone and there just not getting there. i just got the phone today but its all up and i have gotten texts and stuff before so im not sure why its not working. the verizon wireless pix sending thing doesnt let me send it (says bad media type or something when i try to upload it). any help would be appreciated.
    Rename it to a .mid and send it to [email protected] - don't convert, just rename it. Make sure windows is not simply renaming it to yoursong.mid.mp3, it must be yoursong.mid (Tools > Folder Options > View > uncheck "hide extensions for known filetypes):
    http://zano6.home.att.net/V710_TransFlash.htm

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    i tried that...its not working. also im just using #'s with no - in the address i assume thats correct (eg [email protected] instead of [email protected]). ill try it again but as of last night it wasnt working.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    i tried that...its not working. also im just using #'s with no - in the address i assume thats correct (eg [email protected] instead of [email protected]). ill try it again but as of last night it wasnt working.
    Does that email address work at all? Can you send an email without an attachment?
    How about sending an actual midi file? Or how about a known good mp3 ringtone (like from one of the V710 download sites) renamed to a .mid?

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    nothings getting to the phone at all...i tried sending a plane text one w/o any attachments with no luck. ideas?

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score

similar problem

Hi, I have a similar problem with sending ringtones to my phone. I renamed it to song.mid
    I've tried it before and it only worked once. What happened to me is that I receive the txt with the attachment but when I open the attachment, the ringtone is only 1 second long when it should be a full ringtone.
    Does anyone know how to fix this?

thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    nothings getting to the phone at all...i tried sending a plane text one w/o any attachments with no luck. ideas?
    Are you on Verizon?
    Do you have software version 1.40.0R?
    Have you done anything to the phone?
    Can you send text messages? Can you receive a text message if you send it to [email protected]?

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    1. yes
    2. yes it says 8700_01.40.0R when i lookup S/W Version
    3. no. just got it yesterday im tryin to put the rings and pics on it now. i have done no alterations or anything to it.
    4. yes. just tested it...worked fine. im going to try vzwpix.com now.

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    my#@vzwpix.com didnt work but vtext.com did.

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    and i just tried to send one with an attachment to vtext. it came in but i cant save the file. just shows up as <<ring.mid>>
    Last edited by morph166955; 06-30-2005 at 05:39 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    and i just tried to send one with an attachment to vtext. it came in but i cant save the file. just shows up as <<ring.mid>>
    You can't send attachments to the vtext.com address - I don't think you can, at least.

Can you send a pic message from your phone? Can you get to Get It Now?

Call 611. Something is wrong. Perhaps they just need to turn on data (which is free).

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    i can get into get it now. i dont have anyone to send a pic message to to test it so im not sure. ill call verizon tomorrow and see what i have to do.

Device(s)
    Sidekick II
    Feedback Score
    I'm having the same problem now. I got the phone a few days ago and I was able to send a few files to [email protected]. Just recently, it won't send to my phone. It keeps saying "Packet Data" every few seconds or so and then returns to just the Verizon Wireless banner. There were a few instances when I would get the text and I had the option to 'download' and it says "Packet Data" then my phone switches to "No Service" for a second or two and then back to full bars. It doesn't download anymore. It used to take a few seconds to send files over.

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    after two hours on the phone with verizon and up to tier 7's supervizor i found out that they have mpeg type files blocked from being sent. they actually check the file for the mpeg stamp rather then just the file extension so you simply cant do it with there vxwpix setup anymore.

someone please confirm this and that its not just my phone.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    after two hours on the phone with verizon and up to tier 7's supervizor i found out that they have mpeg type files blocked from being sent. they actually check the file for the mpeg stamp rather then just the file extension so you simply cant do it with there vxwpix setup anymore.

someone please confirm this and that its not just my phone.
    Works fine for me in Boston. I just wasted 25cents to try it. .... lol
    Try a known good ringer. I used an mp3 ringer from Mark V's site.

I thought your problem was that you couldn't even send any message at all to your @vzwpix.com address? How did they fix that problem? Are you getting the emails now, but without the attachment?

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    i finally got it gettting there...i just cant get mp3's or mids to get there now. im going to try one from another site and see if that works.

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    sorry...new at this...whats mark v's site?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    sorry...new at this...whats mark v's site?
    hmmm ... I thought he had posted in this thread. He must be letting me have this one.
    http://zano6.home.att.net/V710_index.htm

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    ok i grabbed about 10 mp3 and midi files from his site and sent em...not a single one got through.

what are my other options? should i get that motorola phone package with the wire and all and upload with that (im assuming it can do mp3's)?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    ok i grabbed about 10 mp3 and midi files from his site and sent em...not a single one got through.

what are my other options? should i get that motorola phone package with the wire and all and upload with that (im assuming it can do mp3's)?
    If you cannot send a mid file to [email protected] then there is something wrong.
    As far as I know, this works fine for the rest of us Verizon users.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast