Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: ringtones not making it to the phone

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    i finally got it gettting there...i just cant get mp3's or mids to get there now. im going to try one from another site and see if that works.

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    sorry...new at this...whats mark v's site?

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morph166955
    sorry...new at this...whats mark v's site?
    hmmm ... I thought he had posted in this thread. He must be letting me have this one.
    http://zano6.home.att.net/V710_index.htm

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    ok i grabbed about 10 mp3 and midi files from his site and sent em...not a single one got through.

what are my other options? should i get that motorola phone package with the wire and all and upload with that (im assuming it can do mp3's)?

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morph166955
    ok i grabbed about 10 mp3 and midi files from his site and sent em...not a single one got through.

what are my other options? should i get that motorola phone package with the wire and all and upload with that (im assuming it can do mp3's)?
    If you cannot send a mid file to [email protected] then there is something wrong.
    As far as I know, this works fine for the rest of us Verizon users.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    If you cannot send a mid file to [email protected] then there is something wrong.
    As far as I know, this works fine for the rest of us Verizon users.
    Humpa,
    It only worked for me once. Then it never did again. So I'm wondering if morph is correct about verizon blocking mpegs now.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fibi713
    Humpa,
    It only worked for me once. Then it never did again. So I'm wondering if morph is correct about verizon blocking mpegs now.
    They are not blocking me. But who knows - maybe this is something new they are starting to do, but I doubt it.
    Seeing how no one else has reported a problem - and I imagine there would be a flood of posts if this were true.

... if you start seeing a lot of posts about it, then we'll know the answer.

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Humpa
    hmmm ... I thought he had posted in this thread. He must be letting me have this one.
    http://zano6.home.att.net/V710_index.htm
    yeah, plus you had already posted a link to my Transflash page

I guess I need to change ZANO6 in the url to something like MARK_V or such... Maybe after I get the cleaned up version done... whenever that is..

(Actually, I'm on vacation and trying to get stuff done around the house so I've been away from the computer... But I'm not getting too much accomplished Looks like I'm going to need a longer vacation )

can you tell i like these "smiles"??
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    FYI, I just did the following test, today, right now...

Visited... my ringer page... right clicked on 001_CTU24.mp3 and from the pop-up... clicked Save Target As... then in the "save as..." dialog box, change the "Save As Type" to ALL FILES and changed the file name in the box to CTU24.MID then pressed the "save" button.

Next, I opened my web browser and logged into my Gmail web mail account... I composed a new email to... [email protected]. In the subject: test ringer 1, in the body: test.. then attached the newly saved CTU24.MID and clicked send.

I waited... Took a few minutes, then the phone beeped that a message had arrived.

(Btw, I have auto download turned on. Menu -> Messaging -> Message Settings -> Pix Message Setup -> Download = Automatic)

Upon Reading the message... along the bottom, I see CTU24.MID listed and highlighted. My left soft menu key says BACK, and the right says PLAY. So I press PLAY.. The sound PLAYS... while playing, the right soft menu key changes to STORE. SO I press STORE... It pops up asking where to store it (Transflash or Phone..) so I select PHONE.. The Next screen shows me STORE OPTIONS... with STORE ONLY and APPLY AS RING TONE... If select Apply As Ring Tone, It changes my phone's default ringer to this sound and its listed under Sounds in the media gallery (when showing sounds stored in the phone). And of course, if I choose STORE ONLY it still shows up under Sounds... and can later be used as a ringer, or ringer id.

So it still works here!

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    yeah, plus you had already posted a link to my Transflash page

I guess I need to change ZANO6 in the url to something like MARK_V or such... Maybe after I get the cleaned up version done... whenever that is..

(Actually, I'm on vacation and trying to get stuff done around the house so I've been away from the computer... But I'm not getting too much accomplished Looks like I'm going to need a longer vacation )

can you tell i like these "smiles"??
    Mark,
    That's what I did. I followed your website on how to send ring tones but it doesn't work for me now. I don't know why. I only got one ringtone to work. I'm not sure what the problem is. Would you happen to know?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Mark,
    That's what I did. I followed your website on how to send ring tones but it doesn't work for me now. I don't know why. I only got one ringtone to work. I'm not sure what the problem is. Would you happen to know?
    See the post I did just 1 minute before your post (its Post # 24 of this thread)... Do the same exact steps. See what happens...

Oh, if possible... use a WEB based email service (yahoo, hotmail, Gmail, etc) not Outlook, Outlook express, etc.

Device(s)
    Motorola v710
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I've been having this problem too actually, and I just tried Mark's steps from 2 or 3 posts ago and it doesn't work for me (or, it's been over 10 minutes and I still got nothing)

How disappointing if they're starting to limit that MPEG thing as mentioned. Maybe it's a location thing, it looks like a lot of you that aren't having any problems are from northern states. I'm in Atlanta, GA, where are people from that are having this issue?

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    See the post I did just 1 minute before your post (its Post # 24 of this thread)... Do the same exact steps. See what happens...

Oh, if possible... use a WEB based email service (yahoo, hotmail, Gmail, etc) not Outlook, Outlook express, etc.
    Mark, I tried your instruction on post #24 and used the hotmail website instead of outlook, but it still didn't work. The file arrives in my message. But when I play it, it's only 1 sec long, so I don't hear anything. Even if i store it, it'll come out the same. I tried three different mid. files and only one of them work. Could there be something different about those files? Are there certain files I can't use? All three files work fine on my computer though.

Thanks

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Mark, I tried your instruction on post #24 and used the hotmail website instead of outlook, but it still didn't work. The file arrives in my message. But when I play it, it's only 1 sec long, so I don't hear anything. Even if i store it, it'll come out the same. I tried three different mid. files and only one of them work. Could there be something different about those files? Are there certain files I can't use? All three files work fine on my computer though.
    Hmm... when you did the steps... did you use the same file i did?

Which 1 works? Which 2 do not work?

When the 2 that don't work come to the phone... are they listed as... FILENAME.MID?

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hmm... when you did the steps... did you use the same file i did?

Which 1 works? Which 2 do not work?

When the 2 that don't work come to the phone... are they listed as... FILENAME.MID?
    Mark,
    I didn't try the files you used. I tried some midi files I downloaded off this website I got from one of the threads in this forum. It's classical midis. I just tried another file and it worked. So for some reason, certain files do not. I don't understand why.

The files that don't work do show up as mid files.

Thanks!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast