Thread: ringtones not making it to the phone

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fibi713
    Mark,
    I didn't try the files you used. I tried some midi files I downloaded off this website I got from one of the threads in this forum. It's classical midis. I just tried another file and it worked. So for some reason, certain files do not. I don't understand why.
    I'm thinking It has to do with the files themselves... Try some "known good ones" from my site.

Btw, I just tried... going to http://www.kunstderfuge.com/midi.htm and under Mozart... Downloaded Piano Sonata no. 10 in C major, KV 330 (E 300h) (1778) 1. Allegro moderato to my PC.. (file name.. piano_sonata_330_1_(c)oguri.mid) I shortend the name to piano_sonata.mid and followed the same process. It arrives at the phone, and does not play.

If I open it in WinAMP, I see some Text info when I do Properties... Also it says its 20 tracks. AFAIK, only 16 track Midi's were supported by the phone, but I could be wrong...

I opened the file in Anvilstudio... Track 19 has the "copyright" field filled in as
    __________________________________________________ ________
    Kunst der Fuge comment: this is the Contributor's property.
    Can *not* be used for commercial purposes without authorization!
    Copyright by Contributor - Kunst der Fuge, © 2002-05
    http://www.kunstderfuge.com/thanks.htm -> Contributors' list
    http://www.kunstderfuge.com/notes.htm -> Terms & conditions
    Wonder if that is what is causing the problem... None of the MIDI's I've used have any copyright info filled in. BTW, that is the same text I saw in WinAMP. None of mine that work have that.
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Just did another test...

Opened the MIDI file in Anvil Studio (btw, its freeware).. Stripped out the text fill into track 19's copywright box... Then said "export as General Midi Type 0"

I sent the file to the phone, it got there.. and it played and allowed me to apply as ringer.

So it appears that it was either the copywright text, OR the fact that it was a General Midi Type 1.

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    ok so tried a few times today and still...nothing. this sux. i think im going to end up buying the wire and just uploading via that (that does work right? the motorola phone tools stuff i think right?)

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    I FIGURED IT OUT!!!

i was sending via my default mail client (thunderbird) with my cable broadband server...no luck.

i sent via gmail...IT WORKED.

if you cant send via your default mail program try gmail becaue that works!

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    sorry for all the replys...but...its not giving me the "set as ring" option for some reason...anyone got an idea on that one?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morph166955
    ok so tried a few times today and still...nothing. this sux. i think im going to end up buying the wire and just uploading via that (that does work right? the motorola phone tools stuff i think right?)
    Yeah that works, but with Verizon V710's you have to do a seem edit to enable the feature. (see the link in my signautre)...

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by morph166955
    sorry for all the replys...but...its not giving me the "set as ring" option for some reason...anyone got an idea on that one?
    Yeah, a couple things... Like look at the message containing the file. Is the file listed as name.QCP?? or name.MID? If name.QCP, you didn't rename it properly.

But first....

For anyone having problems with this... Follow the steps I posted in this thread (Post #24) With one exception... I forgot to post, make sure you have visited http://www.vzwpix.com and created an account first, so if you haven't don't that, you need to do that first!!

Use that SAME EXACT FILE, do the SAME EXACT STEPS. And please send via a WEB BASED EMAIL ACCOUNT... Use Gmail, Hotmail, the web based client for Comcast, etc... DO NOT USE A FULL Email Client software on your PC. (If you don't have Gmail and want it, PM me with your current email address, I have 50 invites left). NOTE: I have only tried this from Gmail, Hotmail, and the web based access to my AT&T Worldnet email. I have not tried Comcast's web based email access, or Yahoo's web based mail.

This will give us a known good file and a known good process so we can help narrow down where the problem is.

I've seen too many of the following issues...
    1. Improperly renamed file (really is name.mid.mp3 for example)
    2. Improperly encoded file (file might be encoded as other than MP3 to start with)
    3. File size is too big
    4. File name has too many characters
    5. PC based Email client causing issues
    and so forth...

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    ok its working...i did rename it but the files were too large and it was causing a problem...all works now...THANKS EVERYONE.

Device(s)
    v710
    Carrier(s)
    verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark_Venture
    Just did another test...

Opened the MIDI file in Anvil Studio (btw, its freeware).. Stripped out the text fill into track 19's copywright box... Then said "export as General Midi Type 0"

I sent the file to the phone, it got there.. and it played and allowed me to apply as ringer.

So it appears that it was either the copywright text, OR the fact that it was a General Midi Type 1.
    Thanks mark! it works now! I have a question about Anvil Studio. Will it also cut songs to make it shorter or make the song louder so it will sound louder as a ringer?

Thanks!

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fibi713
    Thanks mark! it works now! I have a question about Anvil Studio. Will it also cut songs to make it shorter or make the song louder so it will sound louder as a ringer?
    Not sure. That was the first time I've used it. I'd have to play with it some more.

When it comes to Midi, Not sure how to make it louder and softer over all, but I know each "channel" can have its own volume so that say the violin plays louder than the piano or vice versa. You can use AnvilStudio to adjust this and bring each channel up to "max". Now, for example... Sk8er_Boi.mid on my ringers page... All of its channels have the volume set all the way up... so there appears no way to make that one louder.

Its help (HELP -> How To) does talk about how (and lists some steps) to "Trim a midi file E.g. to upload it to a cell phone for use as a ring tone."
    Last edited by Mark_Venture; 07-05-2005 at 04:06 PM.

Device(s)
    Motorla V710
    Feedback Score
    also note...even if the ring is good if the phone is in vibrate or silent mode it wont display the option to set the song as a ringer so just make sure your set in ring mode.

Carrier(s)
    Alltel
    Feedback Score
    Mark, I'm trying to add some Star Wars sound wav's as my ringtones and can't get them to work. I've spent 3 days trying to change them tp mp3 or midi to no avail, couls I possibly email them to you and have msg them to my cell as midi's?

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewc
    Mark, I'm trying to add some Star Wars sound wav's as my ringtones and can't get them to work. I've spent 3 days trying to change them tp mp3 or midi to no avail, couls I possibly email them to you and have msg them to my cell as midi's?
    What software do you have? Do you by chance have Nero 6 Ultra Edition? if so, see what I posted -> http://howardforums.com/showpost.php...4&postcount=25

Or for using freeware take a look at what someone else posted -> http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/204360

If that doesn't work, send me a PM...

Feedback Score
    sorry to bring a old post back up but its not working for me! ive tried everything

I just get a text message tellimg me that i need to go to vznpix.com to check out a pix message i got

oh and i have the e 815

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kyle0k
    sorry to bring a old post back up but its not working for me! ive tried everything

I just get a text message tellimg me that i need to go to vznpix.com to check out a pix message i got

oh and i have the e 815
    Visit vzwpix.com and create an account... try again...

If that doesn't work.. Call verizon... they don't have something correct on your account... All picture phones should get the multimedia type messages...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast