Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Transfer Music/Pics/Etc to e815 with MPT

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MIRRORMIRROR
    @Spider2100

Dunno how you are approaching it. I am bluetoothless at the moment so can't offer anything useful for you there, but if you are working thru MPT with a USB cable attached, try Video Studio for vids, Melody Studio for mp3's etc. and so on, avoiding Mobile Explorer. I only use the mobile explorer to pull pics off the E815 as i found it consistently breaks connection when trying to add something thru that explorer feature
    I tried it to transfer my mp3 audio book chapters. It says file too large. Do you know the max size for this? Kim

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    For anyone that's having problems with MPT Mobile Explorer while transferring big files (eg mp3s, videos, etc) to/from the phone (expecially with the connection dropped/lost error):

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=198

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 Never Been Happier!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kimr55760
    I tried it to transfer my mp3 audio book chapters. It says file too large. Do you know the max size for this? Kim
    I wish i could offer more but first need to know the exact size you are trying to transfer with the MPT, the first time it stops in the progress box from copying, disconnect your USB cable then close out MPT. Reconnect then again your USB (to phone cable) and re-open MPT again, try again. Depending on what other processes you have running on your PC at the time, another move is to reboot both phone and PC to clear away anything in memory that might be causing the interferences.

Bluetooth to my understanding doesn't encounter issues like large files size limitations or interuptions requiring restarts, only MPT, and in my case not often but occasionally enough to take longer then i like, but it does work and at some point Complete for me.
    Last edited by MIRRORMIRROR; 08-14-2005 at 11:34 AM.
    DUN Enabled w/desktop & laptop
    mp3's/pics in & out E815 at will w/MPT
    Free Wap w/ Customized Homepage
    Free Pix Place Server
    VIDEOS! MP3's! Pics! Galore!!!

Go Motorola! E815!!!

MirrorMirror On The Wall, What Is The Most Fairest Cellphone Of All.

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    For anyone that's having problems with MPT Mobile Explorer while transferring big files (eg mp3s, videos, etc) to/from the phone (expecially with the connection dropped/lost error):

OK, I finally got it to suspend. the first five times I tried, "Entering 'Menu' 0 482... started a connection to Open Wave." Once I punched the keys fast enough, it worked. Transfering many files as I type this. Thanks for the perseverance!

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ornery
    OK, I finally got it to suspend. the first five times I tried, "Entering 'Menu' 0 482... started a connection to Open Wave." Once I punched the keys fast enough, it worked. Transfering many files as I type this. Thanks for the perseverance!
    glad to see that the mobile explorer suspend trick worked out for you. so far it's worked with at least 7 different people on HoFo, so it seems to be a good fix.
    Last edited by luiset83; 08-14-2005 at 12:09 PM.

Device(s)
    Blackberry Tour
    Carrier(s)
    verizon wireless
    Feedback Score
    [QUOTE=luiset83]For anyone that's having problems with MPT Mobile Explorer while transferring big files (eg mp3s, videos, etc) to/from the phone (expecially with the connection dropped/lost error):

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=198[/QU

finally i get to transfer more than one song. i was only able to transfer 1 song and then get disconnected. after the suspend mode i was able to transfer about 30 with no disconnects. i knew about the suspend mode but never bothered trying it. but thanks for the heads up!!
    BUT THAT'S JUST ME

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83

Can you show me step by step on how to put the phone in suspend mode
    Thanks in advance

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Hm.. I have MPT working with the E815m profile and have the multimedia gallery open just fine.. I can transfer files both ways..

only mp3 files don't work on the phone.. if I transfer them back out they are ok..

my firmware level is 8720_01.17.03
    Sam

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by huan2345
    Can you show me step by step on how to put the phone in suspend mode
    Thanks in advance
    NOT SO SECRET CODES

Most of the codes below require somewhat rapid entry in order to work. If you can't get one working, just try typing it in a bit faster.
    • Programming Menu: Menu + 0 + 73887 + * (Security Code: 000000)
    • Enable Test Mode: Menu + 00 + ** + T E S T M O D E + *
    • Disable Test Mode: Menu + 00 + ** + T E S T O F F + *
    • Enter/Exit Text Mode: Menu + LeftOpt
    • Enter Operator Codes: Menu + 048263 + *
    • NAM Programming Menu: P H O N E (7 4 6 6 3) + # + Menu + Menu
    • Vocoder Menu: ## + VOCODER (8 6 2 6 3 3 7)
    • Suspend Mode: Menu 0 48263 *, Op code 54*, ok
    * The 'Menu' button as referenced above is the topmost middle button, the one that gives you a menu.

That gave me a LOT of trouble, too. It kept dialing Open Wave, so I figured the newer phones might be different. Typing quicker did the trick!

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    and this Menu Key + 0 only works when the main screen is in icon mode, not list mode..

Sam

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sdetweil
    and this Menu Key + 0 only works when the main screen is in icon mode, not list mode..

Sam
    That is not true.

Device(s)
    Motorola E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ok, I'll state that it didn't make any sense to me in list mode then.. I see now that it works in either case..

Sam

Device(s)
    e815
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by daveyp225
    Using MPT, you can transform your E815 into an E815m, and transfer all sorts of media through the File Explorer.

Tools: P2K, MPT

Edit seem 2742, Line 00000060, offset 6a. Change the "e2" to an "e3".
    Worked like a charm on mine

ROCK ON! This is EXACTLY what I wanted. Did it in a hurry on the way to work, so far so good! As a photographer I love picking my own portraits of people for their id photos (instead of having to shoot new photos of everyone).

Got a SWEET Infrared shot of my sister up.

THanks!
    Puck

Device(s)
    HTC Hero
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    I finally switched over to my WinXP machine -- the Win2k driver problems were driving (no pun intended) me crazy. So, all in all I got MPT to finally work with my E815 on WinXP. However, I was running into that freezing problem with larger MP3 files. I tried putting the phone into suspend mode, but MPT refuses to recognize it. Although it will recognize the phone when "off" but charged by the USB cable, I can't transfer files--only in the "on" mode.

I'll have to recheck my seem, I guess (started with Humpa, and applied some minor edits)...

*AH* I found a work-around. Previously, I was on the "My phone" tab and had drilled down to "ringtones". But now I tried clicking directly on the Music tab. I was able to transfer my larger MP3 file. Cool! I'd still like to know how to get transfers working in suspend mode, though.
    Last edited by garence; 08-17-2005 at 01:44 AM.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by garence
    I was running into that freezing problem with larger MP3 files. I tried putting the phone into suspend mode, but MPT refuses to recognize it. Although it will recognize the phone when "off" but charged by the USB cable, I can't transfer files--only in the "on" mode.

I'll have to recheck my seem, I guess (started with Humpa, and applied some minor edits)...

*AH* I found a work-around. Previously, I was on the "My phone" tab and had drilled down to "ringtones". But now I tried clicking directly on the Music tab. I was able to transfer my larger MP3 file. Cool! I'd still like to know how to get transfers working in suspend mode, though.
    Nice workaround, I'll try it later.

Once again, this is a fix for anyone that's having problems transferring large files in MPT:

In regards to putting the phone in suspend mode for the MP3's to transfer under MPT's Mobile Explorer... I might have forgotten to mention in this thread that you should do the suspend trick ONCE you have reached the Mobile Explorer screen... and not before, heh. Try that and it should work for you.

MPT Mobile Explorer suspend trick

Page 19 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... LastLast