Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ***Newest iDEN appearance MODS

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

***Newest iDEN appearance MODS

***MOD EDIT***This thread has been stuck for the good of this forum…
    Any new modification threads will be merged with this thread to provide a continuous record. All are invited to post including members who own or operate mod shops. However, you must be available to answer questions about your post in this thread. No advertisement of prices/location please, or the posts will be deleted. Lets get back into our mod groove…

back again.. lemme know what you think..

Last edited by YoDude; 07-11-2005 at 07:18 AM.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    my 1st 860..

my 2nd 860..

my 3rd 860..

which 1 do u guys like best?? im thinkin up new ideas and when i do another ill post pics.. i dont like aftermarket cause its crappy so i dont know what other ideas i can come up with without using the AM garbage but im getting an 850 soon and ill bring it in my paint shop i work at and we'll see what i can do but until then let me know what u guys think of my latest A|X creation

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy sg2
    Carrier(s)
    virgin mobile
    Feedback Score
    I think it looks real nice. Wish I could do stuff like that.
    I'd like to sandthe back cover down down and engrave
    something on it.
    Whitedove

Device(s)
    i95 LE
    Feedback Score
    nice pannels.........i want some?
    -icangivit2uma........newbie modder extrodonaire lmao

Device(s)
    i870 YESS SIR
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel (Never Sprint) & T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    for a second i thought it was an i830. its okay the thing i really like is the motorola symbol on the antenna, nice twist

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Would it be possible to have the battery door all black, and where it says nextel the border around it to be chrome only?

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    poweredbykyank ill play around with an extra panel and ill see what i can do ill let u know how it turns out and post pics if it comes along well.. others who want panels PM me this isnt a business of mine.. just a hobby when i get bored of my phone so ill explain to you all of the steps to do any one of these mods and guide you through them.. if you have already PMed me and i havent responded yet i will ive just been really busy but i will respond tomorrow after work..

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Aright kool thanks a lot. Ill PM u, check ur messeges.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry Pearl "8100"
    Carrier(s)
    T-MobilelidoM-T 4 Life!!
    Feedback Score
    Im planning on getting me a chrome back panel for my i860, looks sweeet.

P.S. or maybe the mirror black panel.

-:Get More Max::2500 mins:: Free N/W's::T-Zones::Asurion Insurance:-

Device(s)
    I860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Those are hot!!! do they have differnt kinds? and is the quality worth the efford??Where can i find panels and chrome metal backs for my I860?? Thanks

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by cellular_hack
    Those are hot!!! do they have differnt kinds? and is the quality worth the efford??Where can i find panels and chrome metal backs for my I860?? Thanks
    hypermods.com has a wide variety of OEM backs, including the chrome. They also have (but are currently out of stock) of the OEM front panels. They are great to have (kind of expensive) if you want to paint your front panel but still want to keep an original.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    i actually make my own chrome backs.. i use airplane grade paint remover to strip off the paint because regular thinner is not strong enough and the only other way is to sand alllll day.. then i begin sanding all the way up to 3000 grit til its nice smooth metal then i polish with a dremel for the chrome finish.. when i make other colors i simply strip the paint sand just a little bit spray whatever color i like on the back a few coats then a few more coats of clear and im done.. front plates are diff another friend on here told me how to get the blue off.. you scrub with the back side of the sponge DO NOT touch the screen with the sponge it doesnt matter how tidious this is but if you do your screen will be extremely permanently scratched/smeared.. next i tape the back of the screen and spray it w.e color i want to match the back plate.. let dry and put back on and thats it.. to paint speaker it pops right out then i spray it with a color then clear coat.. then in the circle i put in a round beveled M logo from one of my old 830s and i do the same onto my antennas i sand down the round tip of the antenna heat it up a little bit put a little glue on the M logo and set it in.. i just started experimenting since i got this new job at the auto body shop.. anybody have any other questions let me know..
    Last edited by Schwef; 07-13-2005 at 11:44 AM.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

chrome ear piece how to..

i forgot one simple mod that you all should do it looks sick even if you have nothing else done to ur phone.. the earpiece speaker is black on 860s.. take the blowdryer to your screen heat it up a little then pop it out CAREFULLY.. from an old 730 pop off the chrome speaker piece place it on the back of the screen panel over the hole and just put a drop or two of glue to hold it in place.. u dont even need glue really if theres the sticky tape still in place.. then put your screen back on you should be pleased

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwef
    i forgot one simple mod that you all should do it looks sick even if you have nothing else done to ur phone.. the earpiece speaker is black on 860s.. take the blowdryer to your screen heat it up a little then pop it out CAREFULLY.. from an old 730 pop off the chrome speaker piece place it on the back of the screen panel over the hole and just put a drop or two of glue to hold it in place.. u dont even need glue really if theres the sticky tape still in place.. then put your screen back on you should be pleased
    Got any pics?? Still confused about what to do.

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Finally Got myself an OEM Silver 860 housing

I Got some chrome shiny spray paint, and painted the housing.. It doesnt rub off or anything so its preety sturdy. I Like the new look of it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast