Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: ***Newest iDEN appearance MODS

Device(s)
    Nokia N73 (White/Brown)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdByKyank
    if you mean the faceplate, its not hard but not easy either. You got to spend some time rubbing it off. It will take about a good 45 min. And for the spraypaint i dontknow the brand i tossed it away already, but i got it from home depot.
    u rub it with what?

and how about the motorola log?

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fhs04
    u rub it with what?

and how about the motorola log?
    Ok, you rub it with scotch brite ( the sponges you wash dishes with that have the green ruff side) and the motorola logo is on the outside not inside, so you dont have to worry, that wont rub away.

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    dont forget the front will scratch easily i recomend taping the front with masking tape and tape over the back screen with masking tape before scratching off back also and use brillo to scrape off blue but DO NOT touch the screen with brillo or scotch brite u will scratch it real nice and it will look terrible..

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score

Schwef Is Back Again..

i get bored and make small changes to my phone but i figured id post them anyway to show every1 how OEM can be modified..

first.. my 3 newest creations..

closer look shows.. black metal OEM back.. black OEM front.. i kno i did this black on black b4 but look at the speaker.. chrome but not the boost chrome i dont like the design of the boost speaker..

i change my phone in some way every few days.. so heres the same phone with OEM black front.. with a chrome back and chrome speaker..

ok and my newest trial with success.. black and chrome OEM screen.....

ill have more pics of more things im working on up soon til then what do u guys think of these????

Device(s)
    Nokia N73 (White/Brown)
    Feedback Score
    I love the chrome/black combination

i love the little chrome speakers as well as the little M logos here and there

Hey..regarding the front panel...is the chrome outline on the inside or outside of the panel.... so that and the M logo wont rub away? just the blue?

Where can i get scotch brite from? CVS? walgreens? what is it..a nail polish remover or somthin....

thanks

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    chrome is on front so is M only the blue is on the back and use brillo cause it turns a 45 minute job into a 4 to 5 minute job.. but DO NOT touch the back on the screen or put the front on any hard surface when rubbing

Device(s)
    Nokia N73 (White/Brown)
    Feedback Score
    ok i'd hate to bug ya...but..

1) What is brillo? a paint remover?

2) can i use a can of spray airplane grade paint thinner? its tough stuff

3) about the i730 speaker..did u take it off the outside or did u have to take apart the i730 and take apart the i860 speakers from the inside of the housing? to switch speakers.

4) and last..little antenna M logo..u got it off an i830?

sorry to bug ya but overall good job with the modifications..im lovin that chrome/black phone u got

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    brillo is a wire pad like steel wool used for cleaning dishes dont use the airplane paint remover for the front panel.. ONLY on the metal back.. the chrome speaker is off of an 830.. and the M is also off the 830 also..

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    oh nice job Schwef i just noticed the speaker M sticker. I had my 860 Brabus'ed out but i sold it, ill do it to my other 860 and post pics when i get the chance. I wanna put a B for Brabus sticker instead of the M and the front panel im going to make a custom brabus. I also want to change the front chrome where its the motorola to a B for braubus but i havent yet to this day found any sort of spray paint that is chrome like that. NONE shine that way. They just look silver. So yup any help from anyone who knows would be appreciated.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73 (White/Brown)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Schwef
    brillo is a wire pad like steel wool used for cleaning dishes dont use the airplane paint remover for the front panel.. ONLY on the metal back.. the chrome speaker is off of an 830.. and the M is also off the 830 also..
    2 more questions for ya:

1) can i do some "powder-coating" at home or is this done only at paint / body shops? i wanna do that to the back panel to insure quality

2) can i use airplane grade paint remover to remove the black paint off the i860 housing.....so that i paint the housing with a different color? i know its funny but i wanna use the original housing....how do i remove the black paint..some tips please (dont forget to talk about the screw holes and how to avoid spray painting everywhere

Device(s)
    Nokia N73 (White/Brown)
    Feedback Score
    Never mind about the powder-coating thing.

it needs an oven and all...u think a car paint shop will do this for me? its funny to walk in there with a i860 battery cover with no paint on it and have them paint it loool

Device(s)
    Nokia N73 (White/Brown)
    Feedback Score
    Ok..

after 2 hours of working on the panel, i can finally relax

phew...why didnt u warn me that it would be that hard!

I took off the panel...and used brillo as u told me to...and sat for 45 minutes scrubbing it off ..without water (is that right)?

Then, i noticed that there was a line..a blue line that went along the masking tape (on the inside) and i got pissed.

Oh i did notice in 2 of the pictures.....schwef and powerdbykyrank

i noticed u guys had blue lines ...right beneath the M logo....im guessing thats where u got stuck?

So i moved the tape down a milli...and got that line outa there!

Then...i noticed that i had a bunch of scratches on the inside of the panel from all the scrubbing (cuz i didnt apply water or what?? )

Now i have a clear panel...oh i also managed to take off the blue behind the word i860 on the bottom

So i flipped the panel over and i applied some black car paint

except over the camera hole....and as for the hole next to it..i just painted over it.

its drying now...im about to check it out and post some pics

I hope it turns out well

I was gonna put a picture or somthin graphical with my initials under that clear panel but i decided paint would be better cuz it wouldn't show the scratches as much..oh crap i hope i took out all the dust before i put that paint....SHOOOT! dang

ill post pics soon thanks shwef

Oh ya, i noticed in shwefs pink theme i860 ..u got a blue line going across which u didnt scrub off well...so do u know pwredbykyank..ur silver i860 has a blue line right over the outside screeen loool

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    the 1st pink 1 does cause its a diff phone it was my "trial panel" i use.. i had a bunch of panels layin around n 1 i just used to try new colors it wasnt sanded good.. look at the newer pics of the pink 1 no lines every thing is pink or black.. no blue.. no prob 4 the help tho

Device(s)
    i870
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Do you guys have any work with the i850 yet? And how can I get a professional to modify my phone? I really like the Chrome/Black Armani Exchange.

Device(s)
    i860 Black Camera Phone
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    wherer did you get your oem silver housing cause i actually bought the whole phone instead heehee but i have alot of i860 and would love to convert them into i860 silver oem housings

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast