Thread: ***Newest iDEN appearance MODS

Device(s)
    i860 Black Camera Phone
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdByKyank
    Finally Got myself an OEM Silver 860 housing

I Got some chrome shiny spray paint, and painted the housing.. It doesnt rub off or anything so its preety sturdy. I Like the new look of it.

wherer did you get your oem silver housing cause i actually bought the whole phone instead heehee but i have alot of i860 and would love to convert them into i860 silver oem housings

Device(s)
    i860 Black Camera Phone
    Carrier(s)
    NEXTEL
    Feedback Score
    hi there i would like to share my phone wish i can mod them though
    http://public.fotki.com/oshietitzlon...96_edited.html

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by oshietitzlongjo
    wherer did you get your oem silver housing cause i actually bought the whole phone instead heehee but i have alot of i860 and would love to convert them into i860 silver oem housings
    I spray painted the oem black housing to silver by using a chrome color spray paint from home depot.

Feedback Score
    i just wanna make sure i got this ryte... if i remove both the inside screen cover and the outside screen cover all i have to do i flip them over and use a brillo pad to srcape off the blue paint and then paint whatever color i want there?!?

Feedback Score
    does anyone know a way i can repair the chrome on the screen covers of a 860 where ive scratched it, or atleast do somethin 2 make t look a lil betta

Device(s)
    i860
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by PwrdByKyank
    I spray painted the oem black housing to silver by using a chrome color spray paint from home depot.
    I just went to Home depot, and i was looking for a silver spray paint. I looked at the chrome paint, and it would come out like my chrome rims on my car with are reflective. Can you look at the spray can, and tell me what brand it is and the color so i can go buy a can? Thanks

Device(s)
    Angel, MDA, 830
    Carrier(s)
    nextel
    Feedback Score
    whay are u all doing paint... If its not spraypaint brushtrokes will most likely show a little. Use cell skins underneath it and it comes out perfect. Should u use or not use water when rubbing the panel. Because scotchbrite gives off soap when wet.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3g
    Carrier(s)
    T-mobile
    Feedback Score
    Well..my girlfriend just bought herself an boost i860..and went and thru a aftermarket case on it...and she gave me the boost case...soooo i have an extra i860 layin around so i decided to see what i can do to blend the two...
    this is what i came up with

its not yet done..but thats the general idea...i did'nt even OFFICIALY change it...the boost panel is just on TOP of the blue one..lol..i was just wondering..how would i go about taking the blue out...and putting the boost panel in??

holla back at me about it

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    This thread is lacking. Wish I had a new mod to post. Does anybody got anything?? This thread is dying a slow death.

Device(s)
    i95 LE
    Feedback Score
    How our you guys putting custom logos on the inner pannels, double sided tape?
    -icangivit2uma........newbie modder extrodonaire lmao

Feedback Score
    hey can any of you guys make mayb a tutorial on how to spray paint ur phone so i can do a good job, with pics and the paint u used and what u taped off and what not. this would be a great help, if there is a tutorial of this on another thread please send me a link, thank you

Device(s)
    Droid X
    Carrier(s)
    Nextel
    Feedback Score
    i took the phone apart and spray painted each part individually. Right now i put the oem case bak on cuz it chipped off too much.

Device(s)
    LG Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i'm planning on buying a dummy i870 after it drops and taking off the housing and painting it. reason why is cuz i dont want to **** up the oem housing just in case. rather than just use spray paint, i know this sounds a lil extreme, but i am going to get it professionally painted. lol, not at like a car paint shop or anything, but ill find a place that can do some good quality work and who actually know what the hell they're doing. now my only problem is choosing a color? im thinking either the same color blue as the 760 or maybe black? but i dunno, it depends on what i can do with the front panel.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T/Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dude67
    i'm planning on buying a dummy i870 after it drops and taking off the housing and painting it. reason why is cuz i dont want to **** up the oem housing just in case. rather than just use spray paint, i know this sounds a lil extreme, but i am going to get it professionally painted. lol, not at like a car paint shop or anything, but ill find a place that can do some good quality work and who actually know what the hell they're doing. now my only problem is choosing a color? im thinking either the same color blue as the 760 or maybe black? but i dunno, it depends on what i can do with the front panel.
    That's a good idea. If you not comfortable doing it then let an expert do it. Post pics when you get it back.

Feedback Score
    How do i get the chrome/silver battery cover for the i860? I want it to be actual reflective metal, not just silver color?

Also, does any place mod these well in Grand Rapids Michigan? I'm willing to pay if its done right.

1 more thing, what places on the web have the best stickers/tattoos for the i860s? I cant find them really anywhere and i have a bad scratch above the screen so i need a good sticker, i dont know what color or anythign yet tho. Sorry for so many questions.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast