Thread: razr says "insert sim" with a sim card inside of phone

Feedback Score

razr says "insert sim" with a sim card inside of phone

My razr says "Insert Sim" with a sim card inside of the phone. I tried to insert different sim cards inside of the phone to see if the sim card is the problem (didn't work). I also tried to flash and flex the phone with the latest software (still says "insert sim"). I checked the pins on the sim block and there were no damaged pins. I even soldered a sim block from a damaged razr to see if that was a problem (still says "insert sim"). I tried searching but I really couldn't find anything related to the problem I have. Any suggestions? Or am I SOL and stuck with a very expensive paperweight.

Device(s)
    Black Motorola RAZR V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    turn the phone off then turn it on.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the reply, but unfortunately I tried that probably a hundred times and also taking out the battery while the phone was on. Phone still says "insert sim".

Device(s)
    Black razor v3
    Carrier(s)
    t-mobile
    Feedback Score
    did it have this problem from the time you got it, or was the the product of a attempted mod gone wrong?

Feedback Score
    I got the phone used from a friend of mine, it was a black razr. When he gave it to me, it said "insert sim" and showed no battery meter on the main screen. I tried to charge the phone and is said "unable to charge". I opened up the phone and there were no signs of water damage. I'm assuming it was an attempted mod gone wrong, however I can still communicate with the phone with pst, p2ktools, and even mpt. To make good out of the situation, I just transferred pc boards and now I have a black razr that works and a silver razr that says "insert sim" (which is pretty much looking like I'm going to have razr spare parts).

Device(s)
    Blackberry 8310 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    hey i had this EXACT scenario happen to me when i received my v3 black razr a week ago.....couldn't figure it out. the problem was that Cingular had sent it to me with the SIM card in, but in BACKWARDS. pop it in exactly like the pic below the slot shows...... after that it worked like a charm.