Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question about mobile to mobile minutes on weekends.

Device(s)
    Black V3 Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Question about mobile to mobile minutes on weekends.

I have Cingular’s cheapest plan ($40, nation 450) which includes unlimited mobile to mobile minutes as well as 5,000 night and weekend minutes. My question is if I call another cingular customer on a night or weekend does it take from those minutes rather than my M2M minutes? Because by using *646# it would appear that way as over the weekend I talked to a few of my friends who have cingular and my M2M minutes did not go up, but my N&W minutes did. And today around 6 I talked to someone who has cingular for about 30 minutes and noticed that my M2M went up my that amount. So it appears that on the nights or weekends M2M minutes are void, but does anyone know for sure? I am not really worried about using 5,000 N&W minutes in a mouth, that is almost 85 hours, but I would like to know for sure. Also does anyone know if calls to cingular blue customers count as M2M minutes? I guess I should just probably call cingular but I would rather not wait on hold for a half an hour for two fairly simple questions so I figured I would ask here first, Thanks.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Yes, those plans bill for N&W first before M2M. So M2M only applies during the Anytime hours.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    it shouldn't take away from you n&w minutes, but it might. I think that in cingular's mind it probably dosn't matter, considering they are both "free" minutes. I am sorry I don't know the exact answer, but am very curious to find out.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    hmm...the answer is posted above.

Device(s)
    Black V3 Razr
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    Yes, those plans bill for N&W first before M2M. So M2M only applies during the Anytime hours.
    Thank you for clearing that up for me. Do you know about the other question? If Cingular blue customers count as M2M? I am asumming they do...

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Yes, M2M applies to and from all Cingular and AT&T customers. They even advertise this. All you have to make sure is that YOU have M2M in your account.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    I use to have 450/5000 Nation plan and calls to other Cingular users at night always deducted from my 5000minutes. Not that I really cared, because I averaged about 800minutes for N/W, way below the 5000 mark.
    Hartford, CT Area

Device(s)
    iPhone 5S
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile, AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    If that is the case, then M2M is not unlimited. Or am i missing something?

Cingular is goofy for not making n/w minutes unlimited on the 39.99 plan.
    Dan
    TX-USA

Device(s)
    Nokia N97 Black NAM
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid7

the reason they make it 5000 and not unlimited is to gently push people to the next up plan. Some people don't bother with the math, they simply see unlimited and go for that. I have actually had people sell themselves on the next up plan simply for that reason. They're like, "I only use 200-300 daytime minutes, but I talk alot at night, so I need the unlimited." I'm not going to dissuade you, mister. you seem to know what you need.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by hominid7

Yes it is unlimited because you never run out of them. That's what unlimited means. The fact that they don't apply 24/7 is another issue.

In the unlikely event you run out of N&W minutes for that reason, then normally you'd start using anytime minutes. However, for M2M calls M2M minutes will be used so you don't use anytime minutes on M2M calls.

The plans for this year bill minutes in the following priority:

1- N&W
    2- M2M
    3- AT
    Last edited by bobolito; 07-15-2005 at 08:56 PM.

Device(s)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    It doesn't seem logical to me that M2M minutes made after 9 p.m. would be deducted from your 5000 night time minutes. Seems to me they should be logged as free M2M minutes and the 5000 minutes should be reserved for making calls to non-Cingular customers and/or Cingular customers that don't have M2M. Or is that what you meant, Bobo?

Device(s)
    iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Personally I dont know anybody who is going to talk more than 83 hours on night and weekends. And if you do happen to burn up those hours and go over care will credit you back the m2m minutes which are unlimited.
    Ok, and!?

Device(s)
    Google Nexus 5
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Wirelessly posted (iPAQ 4150 & MPx220: MOT-MPx220/1.430 Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 4.01; Windows CE; Smartphone; 176x220))

im using 4174 mins now. mine is unlimited so i dont care but i can see me going over 5000 some months.
    - yeah, don't listen to that guy!

Device(s)
    Motorola V3m Sprint
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint -Sero
    Feedback Score
    I've heard that the 5000 ends up being unlimited if you find a way to go over it. Atleast thats what i heard two years ago when i was on CIngular.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus Grey 128Gb
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rhino369
    I've heard that the 5000 ends up being unlimited if you find a way to go over it. Atleast thats what i heard two years ago when i was on CIngular.
    I think it jumps to daytime minutes, once you deplete your N/W minutes or M2M if your calling another Cingular customer.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast