Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Question about mobile to mobile minutes on weekends.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bobolito
    If you really use up all your N&W minutes by talking to other Cingular customers, then I really don't see how you'd have time left to talk to non-Cingular customers in order to get overages. Customers that talk that much are those who congest the network and therefore Cingular wants them to spend $10 more for the next up plan which has unlimited N&W. Bottomline, if you want to talk that much, you have to pay for it just like anything else.
    what?! are you serious?

that's crazy. m2m should be unlimited period. it should not take away from any of your minutes. i see you're trying to justify why Cingular does it that way. it should NOT be done that way at all.

let's use my current T-Mobile plan for example. 600 mins with unlimited n/w. that's like saying the unlimited n/w minutes don't kick in until i use up all of my 600 anytime mins. that's sounds crazy and its the same concept here.

it's just a ploy to get you to pay for the higher 59.99 plan.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by action-packed
    what?! are you serious?

that's crazy. m2m should be unlimited period. it should not take away from any of your minutes.
    M2M is unlimited. Have you ever heard of anyone running out of M2M minutes?

M2M does not take away from your regular minutes. It's the way the billing priority is arranged that takes away from your minutes, not M2M. This is exactly how other carriers do it.

I guess you think it is crazy that a company is just trying to squeeze a bit more cash from those who overload the network.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Nokia E75, Nokia 5800XM
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Bobo, don't you remember when it was the other way around. People *****ed then because it pulled m2m before n&w, but that was when all plans over $29.99 had unlimited, then 5000, after SPCS started advertising "3200 minutes for $29.99", and people who weren't paying attention didn't notice it was 200dt/3000nw, n&w and some had an m2m feature added to their account. Cingular found, for a while, that 5500 minutes sold a lot better than 550dt/unlimited nw. Later, other carriers switched to unlimited n&w, and everyone forgot how Cingular did it first (or before the other big carriers, anyway), and lambasted them for not having unlimited n&w.

It seems you can't please everyone all the time.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s Plus
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    The way Cingular is billing these minutes makes perfect sense for the $39.99 plan that was available a while back. That plan included 450 anytime, 5000 n&w, and 1000 m2m. If you only had 1000 m2m, it made sense that m2m minutes during nights and weekends came out of your 5000 minute bucket first. But now that Cingular offers unlimited m2m on this plan, it should definately be changed to bill m2m minutes even on nights and weekends.

As a plus to Cingular, billing m2m minutes at all times would make people appreciate Cingular even more when they view their bill and see how many FREE m2m minutes they used during the month.

Just my thoughts.

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manhole
    The way Cingular is billing these minutes makes perfect sense for the $39.99 plan that was available a while back. That plan included 450 anytime, 5000 n&w, and 1000 m2m. If you only had 1000 m2m, it made sense that m2m minutes during nights and weekends came out of your 5000 minute bucket first. But now that Cingular offers unlimited m2m on this plan, it should definately be changed to bill m2m minutes even on nights and weekends.

As a plus to Cingular, billing m2m minutes at all times would make people appreciate Cingular even more when they view their bill and see how many FREE m2m minutes they used during the month.

Just my thoughts.
    exactly. this is exactly what i'm trying to tell Bobolito.

to Bobo, i didn't say it takes from your regular minutes. i'm saying that if my 600 mins with unlimited N/W plan was like where my unlimited N/W mins didn't kick in til all of my 600 mins were gone, everyone would be crying foul and its the same concept here.

that is not exactly how other carriers do it. prove me wrong. with Verizon's unlimited "IN" network calling, you think they use up your anytime mins first? no.

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    From Verizon's TOS:

National IN Calling does not apply to incoming calls and will apply to outgoing calls only.

That seems like a much worse billing issue to me.... No carrier is perfect but of all the crazy things they do this is pretty low on the totem pole.

Device(s)
    After trying many phones, the one phone that is worthy of this spot is the 6620!!
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by joshpo
    From Verizon's TOS:

National IN Calling does not apply to incoming calls and will apply to outgoing calls only.

That seems like a much worse billing issue to me.... No carrier is perfect but of all the crazy things they do this is pretty low on the totem pole.
    Are you serious!! Do you have a link to the TOS?

Device(s)
    Motorola Q
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Sorry I misquoted, this only applies if you do not receive their caller ID or if callID is unavailable. Sorry about that.

National IN Calling

If Caller ID is not present or Caller ID Block is initiated, National IN Calling does not apply to incoming calls and will apply to outgoing calls only. National IN Calling is not available to customers whose wireless exchange restricts the delivery of Caller ID or with fixed wireless devices with usage substantially from a single cell site. National IN Calling does not apply if Call Forwarding or No Answer/Busy Transfer features are activated or to data usage, including Push to Talk calls, Picture Messaging or Video Messaging, calls to check your voice mail and calls to Verizon Wireless customers using Airfone® Service or any of the VZGlobal services. National IN Calling does not apply in those areas of Louisiana and Mississippi where your phone’s roaming indicator flashes.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by action-packed
    exactly. this is exactly what i'm trying to tell Bobolito.

to Bobo, i didn't say it takes from your regular minutes. i'm saying that if my 600 mins with unlimited N/W plan was like where my unlimited N/W mins didn't kick in til all of my 600 mins were gone, everyone would be crying foul and its the same concept here.
    I don't think you can claim that as being the same concept because M2M minutes are not based on time. They are based on whether the customers calling are of the same company or not. N&W and Anytime minutes are based on time. The placement of M2M to apply only during the daytime does not make M2M a time-based billing application.

I understand perfectly what you're saying. But I just don't think we can blame Cingular for figuring out a way to make people pay for excessive use. I honestly think that anyone who is capable of using more than 5000 N&W minutes in one month really needs to get a life and a replacement of all radiation-burned brain neurons.

that is not exactly how other carriers do it. prove me wrong. with Verizon's unlimited "IN" network calling, you think they use up your anytime mins first? no.
    That's not what I said. What I meant was that other carriers bill M2M minutes during the anytime period only. It's not only Cingular. However, at least other carriers give you unlimited N&W minutes on all their plans so it really doesn't matter.
    Last edited by bobolito; 07-18-2005 at 03:39 PM.

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 7 Plus / Apple iPhone 7 / Samsung Galaxy S8
    Carrier(s)
    Pacific Bell Wireless / Verizon Wireless / Movistar MX / Telcel MX
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by manhole
    But now that Cingular offers unlimited m2m on this plan, it should definately be changed to bill m2m minutes even on nights and weekends.

Just my thoughts.
    Why should Cingular change the way they bill UM2M for this plan?
    It's going to confuse sales reps and customers alike when it comes to how UM2M is billed. Then you have customers that completely forget the tiny details or don't care about the said details of their plan. On the other hand, you have sales reps/CSRs that also forget the same details. At least, keeping a consistent way to bill UM2M regardless of plan will create the least confusion.

So 5000 N&W for all calls isn't enough for one person for a month? 5000 N&W is pretty much unlimited in my book, unless somebody has consistently gone over this limit by yakking to their Cingular/AT&T buddies. Then you have rollover, which I believe can be used when the allotted pool of N&W minutes are gone.

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by i0wnj00
    Why should Cingular change the way they bill UM2M for this plan?
    It's going to confuse sales reps and customers alike when it comes to how UM2M is billed. Then you have customers that completely forget the tiny details or don't care about the said details of their plan. On the other hand, you have sales reps/CSRs that also forget the same details. At least, keeping a consistent way to bill UM2M regardless of plan will create the least confusion.

So 5000 N&W for all calls isn't enough for one person for a month? 5000 N&W is pretty much unlimited in my book, unless somebody has consistently gone over this limit by yakking to their Cingular/AT&T buddies. Then you have rollover, which I believe can be used when the allotted pool of N&W minutes are gone.
    This is why I think we can't blame Cingular for trying to get what is fair out of those who virtually abuse the service. If you use your service excessively, don't expect it to be cheap. I can't think of anything wrong with that statement.

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G (replaced), LG CU575, LG VX 8700, LG VX8600(replaced)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    It would almost seem impossible to get overages on a plan like that in the right conditions. Ok say he runs out of 5000 minutes, then he has UNLM2M, which means u can never have overages when talking to Cingular customers. But if he talks to non cingular customers at night then it will just take away from is anytime minutes. Since he is on a low plan, he probably doesnt use his phone that much in the first place so he would have some anytime minutes to burn. Also since he is on a low plan and assuming he has light usage, he probably has some rollover (depending on how long he's been a Cingular customer). So in the event he uses all his anytime minutes after using all his N/W minutes, it will start deducting from his rollover balance. Now he uses ALL available minutes that he has, then he will have overages in which case he needs to go to a higher plan if it happens on several occasions.

But as of now, it really shouldnt matter because most people who got a rate plan within the last year have UNLM2M and UNLN/W minutes.(like me)
    FamilyTalk Nation 1400 w/ 4 Lines
    Family Messaging Unlimited
    iPhone Data Unlimited
    Uverse TV U450
    Bright House Internet 20/2

I'm an AT&T employee, my posts do not reflect the opinions or decisions of AT&T Companies!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

My Broadband Service From Bright House

My Cellular Service from at&t

Carrier(s)
    Cricket
    Feedback Score
    I understand perfectly what you're saying. But I just don't think we can blame Cingular for figuring out a way to make people pay for excessive use. I honestly think that anyone who is capable of using more than 5000 N&W minutes in one month really needs to get a life and a replacement of all radiation-burned brain neurons.
    that's what i'm saying. they are just trying to squeeze more money out of consumers. and actually, it's usually the people that burn that many minutes that DO have a life because they have people to talk to.

That's not what I said. What I meant was that other carriers bill M2M minutes during the anytime period only. It's not only Cingular. However, at least other carriers give you unlimited N&W minutes on all their plans so it really doesn't matter.
    it only makes sense for them to bill m2m during anytime minutes only because N/W minutes are unlimited.

sigh. oh well, doesn't matter. it's everyone against me on this topic so i'll let it go.

Device(s)
    Nokia N900, Nokia E75, Nokia 5800XM
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'd just like to point out that at the time of the change to the current method of m2m and n&w billing, it wasn't to soak the customers, it was a response to customer complaints about their 1000 m2m minutes going away before their 5000 n&w were being depleted.

Cingular Consumption Of Minutes-The Real deal

Consumption Order of Minutes are changing February 1, 2004

Start Date: February 1, 2004

End Date: Ongoing

Overview:
    Beginning on plans built for February 1, 2004, the consumption order of minutes will be changing. Here is a quick breakdown of what has changed:
    · Plans prior to 2/1: mobile to mobile, night and weekend minutes, anytime minutes, bonus rollover and accumulated rollover balance
    · Plans built after 2/1: night and weekend minutes, mobile to mobile, anytime minutes, bonus rollover and accumulated rollover balance

Device(s)
    iPhone 4S, iPhone 4, iPhone 3G (replaced), LG CU575, LG VX 8700, LG VX8600(replaced)
    Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    So Cingular did have it the other way around and change it because thats they way customers want it. See, Cingular does listen to its customers.

it only makes sense for them to bill m2m during anytime minutes only because N/W minutes are unlimited.
    M2M is unlimited also.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast