Thread: when are my minutes in use?

Feedback Score

when are my minutes in use?

i really need to clear this up.. cause im constantly going over my rate plan and i dunno when im being charged minutes:

if i dial 661, am i charged minutes?

if im on a call at 8:55pm, and i use it past 9:00pm, do all the minutes after 9:00pm count as night-time minutes still? or is the call stuck on the daytime minutes?

if somebody calls and i do not answer the phone, and it goes into my voicemail but does not leave a msg, do i get charged minutes? and what if they DO leave a msg?

do i get charged minutes for checking voicemail?

and last of all, im confused that the minutes on the main page of my cingular site are not changing, i have no idea how many minutes i have used.

Rollover FM 450

available: 450
    used: 564

Rollover Balance

available: 114
    used: ---

im over my limit, why is rollover balance --- ? also, why arnt my minutes being updated, i know im uisng the phone? and i find it weird that 564 minus 450 = 114.. someone please clear this up for me

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    if i dial 611, am i charged minutes?
    No, you are not. In fact, it shouldn't even show in your bill.

if im on a call at 8:55pm, and i use it past 9:00pm, do all the minutes after 9:00pm count as night-time minutes still? or is the call stuck on the daytime minutes?
    The entire call is billed based on the period it was initiated on. So you'd have to hang up at 9:00PM and redial so it doesn't continue using your daytime minutes. Former AT&T Wireless customers have the benefit of having their call change rates automatically at 9:00PM.

if somebody calls and i do not answer the phone, and it goes into my voicemail but does not leave a msg, do i get charged minutes? and what if they DO leave a msg?
    It doesn't matter if they leave a message or not. Once the voicemail kicks in, the behavior is as follows: If you have M2M in your plan, it will use your M2M or N&W minutes once the call enters the voicemail system. If you don't have M2M, then it will use the minutes that correspond to the time of the call. Now, the billing behavior of this may be different for West Coast customers or if you have an old grandfathered plan. I don't see you posted where you are located.

Not as long as you have M2M in your account.

and last of all, im confused that the minutes on the main page of my cingular site are not changing, i have no idea how many minutes i have used.
    Well, welcome to Cingular! That's quite normal by Cingular standards. For some people it updates a couple of hours behind. For others, a week delay is normal. And for others, it doesn't update at all!

im over my limit, why is rollover balance --- ?
    The Rollover balance doesn't update during the billing cycle. You have to wait until the end of the period. However, you can still calculate how many Rollover minutes you have used by looking at how many minutes you have used over what your monthly plan gives you.
    Last edited by bobolito; 07-14-2005 at 08:26 PM.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Device(s)
    iPhone 6 Plus / Moto X (2014)
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    here in CA, Voicemail checking is counted against anytime (or night and weekend) minutes.

Feedback Score
    thank you that was very helpful, im on the east coast..

however, i checked the "DETAILED" section in my minutes, and it says i used DT for calling 611.. if so then i believe i am being charged for that? should i call cingular and dispute the billing on that matter?

Device(s)
    iPhone 5
    Carrier(s)
    Solavei
    Feedback Score
    You should wait until you get your bill and check if the call is really getting billed against your minutes. If it does, then call them to dispute it. Sometimes what appears in the My Minutes section of the web site is not accurate and may get processed differently when the bill is printed. So just wait and see what happens. You should NEVER be billed minutes for calls to 611.

You can call them now and dispute it but they will ask you to wait until you get your bill anyway. They can't make any adjustments to that bill until it is printed.

Device(s)
    Motorola V635
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I never knew I got charged when someone left a message on my voicemail!

Device(s)
    Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dichron
    I never knew I got charged when someone left a message on my voicemail!
    I've never seen this happen, even when I was on a plan without M2M. Maybe it only happens in certain regions. Not in the old BSM area, AFAIK.

Device(s)
    Motorola V635
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'm a carry-over from AT&T, so hopefully Cingular hasn't stuck their anal probe into my account yet. If only the other carriers didn't have such crappy phones and plans... I'd switch before my contract ended!

Why oh why cellphone gods have you forsaken me and brought me back to the pit of Cingular where their is constant sorrow and gnashing of teeth?!

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Ummm you don't get billed for checking voicemail??? When did this start?
    Barely used 8700g F/S with box and all standard accessories. PM if interested.

Device(s)
    iPhone 6s, iPad Air 2, Apple Watch Space Black Stainless Steel
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've never been charged for checking voice mail...either on the former AT&T Wireless (blue) with an account based in Dallas, TX or on Cingular (orange) with an account based in Mobile, AL...it's always counted as Mobile to Mobile. Is it not similar for customers across the country?

And, excuse me, when did Cingular start charging for VM deposits??? Answer: Never on Post-paid

Last edited by jasonfont426; 07-15-2005 at 09:46 AM.

Device(s)
    Nokia 6310i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular GSM Nation
    Feedback Score
    I am a Cingular west coast customer & relocated to Atlanta, GA. So,...

No, when I was in Los Angeles, CA; but yes when I am in Atlanta, GA.

When I was in Los Angeles, the mins update usually showed up few hours after making calls. The calls showed which cities/phone # I called to/receive from on the my cingular page. But in Atlanta, GA, it generally takes more than 2 + days to show up on my Cingular page." The calls seldoms shows which cities I called, but just posts phone #. I just don't know why it happens like this.