Thread: "call failed: network busy" F!!!!!

Phones
    V635
    vx6000
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

"call failed: network busy" F!!!!!

I have become very familiar with the "call failed: network busy" error message everytime I make a phone call. I have a V635 and on Cingular network. When I goto Network-> Available Networks, I see 2 cingular signals. One of them is 310-380 and 310-170. I can register to 310-170 and my phone will work and can dial calls. Then my phone will keep defaulting back to 310-380, and I will always get the network busy error. This has been going on for 2 days already and I think its a problem with my phone.

Phones
    Apple iPhone 4 16GB (Black)
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    [ AT&T ]
    Feedback Score
    Power cycle your phone and try again.
    | iPhone ringtone tutorial | Facebook 'Like' me! |
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    Toez...the in-house HoFo pimp.

I have sigs turned off | The opinions expressed in my posts are my own.

Phones
    V635
    vx6000
    Carrier
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Ive done everything imaginable to the phone. I think ive power cycled it more than 20x already.

Feedback Score
    samething has happened to my e398. after putting in a new battery it wouldnt detect a network, later on it did, but everytime i try to make a call it says calll failed, and when i tried setting upm a new network it says network busy. someone please help. i put the sim in anotehr phone and it worked on that phone.
    kiley wong

Phones
    Razr V3m
    Krzr K1m
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Every time I call tech support the standard answer is to go into network settings and to set it to manual and select a carrier from there.
    John

Phones
    krzr
    l6
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chanmanx2k
    I have become very familiar with the "call failed: network busy" error message everytime I make a phone call. [...] I think its a problem with my phone.
    Not necessarily. I live in a college town and when the students come back I usually can't make a call for 2-3 days at least. So, consider if there's a local event that could lead to a network congestion.

Phones
    krzr
    l6
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jrv331
    Every time I call tech support the standard answer is to go into network settings and to set it to manual and select a carrier from there.
    Really? With me it's "your phone is busted, get a new one". But that must be because I'm out of contract.

Phone
    Snap!!!
    Carrier
    US Cellular
    Feedback Score
    *tsk* Welcome to GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixGeek
    You will never find a more wretched hive of bad spelling and stupidity.
    Come to The Far Side. We have cookies

Carriers
    Fido (Snoopy's Dog House)
    Feedback Score
    has it occurred to any of you the network may actually be busy in that area? the only way to really tell/test, is to stick ur sim card in a different phone and try.
    My Feedback
    I put the "Ho" back in "HOFO"

Phones
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 5
    iPhone 4
    Carriers
    Solavei
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by chanmanx2k
    I have become very familiar with the "call failed: network busy" error message everytime I make a phone call. I have a V635 and on Cingular network. When I goto Network-> Available Networks, I see 2 cingular signals. One of them is 310-380 and 310-170. I can register to 310-170 and my phone will work and can dial calls. Then my phone will keep defaulting back to 310-380, and I will always get the network busy error. This has been going on for 2 days already and I think its a problem with my phone.
    There's no way it could be your phone. That must be the network. Just try calling at a different time than usual.
    I DON'T HAVE A SIGNATURE....SORRY

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Paolo
    has it occurred to any of you the network may actually be busy in that area? the only way to really tell/test, is to stick ur sim card in a different phone and try.
    i did just that and it worked fine in another phone

Phones
    iPhone 3G
    Motorola V3i, V3, V600
    Motorola T720g, V60g
    Carrier
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've gotten the same error, but under different (I think?) circumstances--I live in the 916 area code but dial under a 510 area code phone number (I'm with Cingular); I noticed that when the roam icon is visible (I assume I'm pulling an AT&T tower, because my wife's phone--also Cingular--when in roam in the same proximity as my phone, displays AT&T) and I attempt to dial a 510 number (as such, w/o the need to dial the area code first since my phone number is 510) from my home, I get the "Call Failed--Network Busy" message. However, with the roam icon still lit I can complete a call to a non-510 number. Once the roam icon disappears (and I assume, my phone is now pulling a signal from a Cingular tower--and yes I know that technically, Cingular and AT&T are supposed to be one big happy family), I can successfully complete a call to a 510 number.

So...what gives?
    Tony

Feedback Score
    I'm getting the same message today and i'm in 443 area code only thing is this is the second time this has happened. I have no Idea whats going on because there are no events in the city of Baltimore today. Also I cannot Receive or send texts of any kind.
    Last edited by PhoneJockey; 02-23-2013 at 11:13 AM. Reason: Was adding somthing.