Thread: Mr. Rescue Roadside Assistance

Phone
    Samsung SGH-D508
    Carriers
    Fido (Canada)
    Feedback Score

Post Mr. Rescue Roadside Assistance

I see this on my brother's bill and was wondering, is the $4 for Mr. Rescue Roadside Assistance manditory? Is it possible to opt out of it?

Phones
    Q10 (active)
    Z10 (retired)
    Bold 9900 (retired)
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score

Re: Mr. Rescue Roadside Assistance

Originally posted by mawti
    I see this on my brother's bill and was wondering, is the $4 for Mr. Rescue Roadside Assistance manditory? Is it possible to opt out of it?
    Yes, just call Customer Service (*611) and ask them to remove it.

My guess is that it got there part of a 2-month trial and unless you ask to remove it, they just assume you like it and keep it on there for you.

A while back I was comparing Mr. Rescue though with normal CAA and I think it's the better deal. Anyone else come to this conclusion? I mean, coverage goes where the phone goes rather than where a card goes and thus tied to you as a person. Also, they allow for 5 annual calls versus CAA's 4.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    I agree.. it's also similar to Rogers roadside plan that I have.
    it a very good option as your phone is always with you.. I've helped a few friends that way

Phone
    Blackberry
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility, Rogers
    Feedback Score
    Love it. I was a little hesitant at first but its really come in handy a few times... Flat tires... Locked keys...

Phones
    Q10 (active)
    Z10 (retired)
    Bold 9900 (retired)
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Tee hee hee... I just called *611 just to ask a couple questions about Mr. Rescue and they gave me a 2 month trial.

But yeah, looking at the available information it looks like Mr. Rescue is the better deal. CAA costs $61/yr while Mr. Rescue is $4/mth totalling $48 annually. Also, with Mr. Rescue you're allowed 5 free service calls, instead of CAA's 4. Also, Mr. Rescue follows the phone, rather than a named card. So if you have like a little safety phone for the car, whoever drives it will be covered.

For those of you who have used Mr. Rescue, how is the quality of service? Are they responsive when you call in or do you have to wait long? Who gets sent out, just any guy or is there like a Mr. Rescue fleet?

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Originally posted by SuperCM
    Tee hee hee... I just called *611 just to ask a couple questions about Mr. Rescue and they gave me a 2 month trial.

But yeah, looking at the available information it looks like Mr. Rescue is the better deal. CAA costs $61/yr while Mr. Rescue is $4/mth totalling $48 annually. Also, with Mr. Rescue you're allowed 5 free service calls, instead of CAA's 4. Also, Mr. Rescue follows the phone, rather than a named card. So if you have like a little safety phone for the car, whoever drives it will be covered.

For those of you who have used Mr. Rescue, how is the quality of service? Are they responsive when you call in or do you have to wait long? Who gets sent out, just any guy or is there like a Mr. Rescue fleet?
    the only thing is if your'e comparing mr rescue/rogers roadside to CAA deluxe it's no comparison.. rogers/Mr rescue will tow you something like 10k.. CAA delux will tow you 200k

Phone
    BlackBerry Curve 9300
    Carrier
    Bell Mobility
    Feedback Score
    Originally posted by SuperCM

I have it on my account. Used it 4 times already and once for someone else who locked their keys in the car. They get to your location normally within a half hour. Once I was in the middle of nowhere and the Tow Truck was there in 35 minutes. Not bad. The only downside to Mr rescue is their limited towing distance but the price makes up for it if you don't need to be towed that far... And for all of my calls they answered within the first minute. Very nice people too, .. oh and they deal with certain tow truck companies, different in every city... kind of a contract/agreement with them.