Thread: Verizon wireless customer retention.

Phone
    Whatever they hand me
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score

Verizon wireless customer retention.

Due to service related issues at work I have to switch to another carrier, I currently have 3 phones on the Verizon family plan and would like to switch my phone to another carrier and keep the Verizon account. I have called Verizon and plead my case but they will not waive the $175 break of contract fee on my phone even if I leave the other phones with Verizon. I've paid my $300+ bills with Verizon for several years and find it a little odd that they will ust let me go without offering an incentive to keep the other line.

My question is, does Verizon have a customer retention department so I don't have to deal with the CSR clowns.

BTW: I'm not Verizon bashing I've had 3 years of excellent service and would rather not leave but I have to keep my number.

Phone
    iPhone 3G 16gig
    Carrier
    At&t
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by flyingfortress
    Due to service related issues at work I have to switch to another carrier, I currently have 3 phones on the Verizon family plan and would like to switch my phone to another carrier and keep the Verizon account. I have called Verizon and plead my case but they will not waive the $175 break of contract fee on my phone even if I leave the other phones with Verizon. I've paid my $300+ bills with Verizon for several years and find it a little odd that they will ust let me go without offering an incentive to keep the other line.

My question is, does Verizon have a customer retention department so I don't have to deal with the CSR clowns.

BTW: I'm not Verizon bashing I've had 3 years of excellent service and would rather not leave but I have to keep my number.
    Yes, I understand there is a retention department.

Phone
    Whatever they hand me
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    I forgot to add, how do I get past the CSR's to retention?

Phone
    iPhone 5s
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I forgot to add, how do I get past the CSR's to retention?
    I can't say for sure, but when calling Verizon you can select the menu option to cancel your service and see where that takes you.

Phones
    LG Chocolate Blue Mint (VX8550)
    Motorola Q - Retired
    Motorola E815 - Retired
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

The department is called "RETENTION" they will do whatever they can in their power to RETAIN you, but if all you are looking for is to be able to cancel without ETF then they won't be able to help you either.
    American by birth. Tattooed by choice. Irish by the grace of God.

Former Verizon Wireless WDTS.

Phone
    Whatever they hand me
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Irishman
    The department is called "RETENTION" they will do whatever they can in their power to RETAIN you, but if all you are looking for is to be able to cancel without ETF then they won't be able to help you either.

They will RETAIN the other TWO phones instead of them not being RETAINED.

jeez get out the kool aid I want to keep the phones with Verizon but if they want to be pissy about losing 1 stinkin phone screw em.

Phone
    Motorola Droid X, Motorola Droid, LG VX 8550
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Verizon takes a very hard line on negotiating terms. See the other thread for why: Verizon Wireless Adds 1.9 Million Qtr. 2 '05. They've got 1.9 million people to replace you, so they aren't going go out of their way to keep you.

Phones
    LG Chocolate Blue Mint (VX8550)
    Motorola Q - Retired
    Motorola E815 - Retired
    Carrier
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    If your employer is requiring a switch to another carrier they should be willing to pay any ETF's that are required for this move.

Phones
    Motorola KRZR K1m
    LG VX8100 (retired)
    Samsung SCH-a650 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Due to service related issues at work I have to switch to another carrier, I currently have 3 phones on the Verizon family plan and would like to switch my phone to another carrier and keep the Verizon account. I have called Verizon and plead my case but they will not waive the $175 break of contract fee on my phone even if I leave the other phones with Verizon.
    They will RETAIN the other TWO phones instead of them not being RETAINED. I want to keep the phones with Verizon but if they want to be pissy about losing 1 stinkin phone screw em.
    If you mean that you will cancel all 3 if they won't waive the ETF for one, then I have bad news for you. The ETF is per PHONE. Your ETF would be $525.

Carrier
    Verizonwireless
    Feedback Score

Why don't you just keep the third line on the family share and lower the monthly minute plan? It's only costing you $10/month for that line. When the contract expires on that line give it up and keep the other two.

Phones
    Motorola KRZR K1m
    LG VX8100 (retired)
    Samsung SCH-a650 (retired)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Why don't you just keep the third line on the family share and lower the monthly minute plan? It's only costing you $10/month for that line. When the contract expires on that line give it up and keep the other two.
    That's a great idea. Wish I had thought of it.

Phone
    Whatever they hand me
    Carrier
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Teddeli

I called back to do that and the CSR dropped the $175 fee, just like that

Now were both winners.
    happy happy joy joy.

Phones
    hero
    pre
    others
    Carriers
    sprint,
    Feedback Score
    your best bet would be to go into a store and offer to add a new line if they waive your etf. chances are, if the mgr knows their stuff, they will allow this