Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Does cingular offer no contract option?

Carrier(s)
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score
    Sounds like more of the same CSR BS to me.

-P

Quote Originally Posted by ubermensch
    I tried to do this today and the sales rep claimed that in order not to sign up with no contract I had to get a reggional plan. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I tried to do this today and the sales rep claimed that in order not to sign up with no contract I had to get a reggional plan. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
    Considering Cingular no longer sells regional plans, he is sadly mistaken or uninformed. If the store rep insists just remind him to call customer service to confirm.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, the guy told me he had worked there for 8 months and had never seen it done. I insisted it was possible so he went back to talk to his manager. He came back out and gave me the regional line. What can I do to make it happen when the CSRs won't make it happen for me?

Quote Originally Posted by damba98
    Sounds like more of the same CSR BS to me.

-P

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S5 Active, Samsung Captivate
    Carrier(s)
    at&t (formerly Cingular)
    Feedback Score
    The Rep just told you that and is sticking to that story of needing to sign a contract. If there is no contract during the activation, they will not get anything for it.

My advice is to just go ahead with the National Plan for 1 year and get the M2M. It's only 1 year and apparently Cingular works or else you wouldn't have gone back to them even after having them a few months ago.
    If you feel that you have to correct some of my posts for my capitalization of some of my words, then just bear with it. It's just a discussion forum where some may be limited by time to answer in well-versed and eloquent sentences.

I already got a PHD (Plain High School Diploma) so ignore my style of writing and I'll ignore your ignorance.

Subject: You can read this-trust me!

I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdgnieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid. Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm.
    Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas thought slpeling was ipmorantt!

When asked if I see the glass half empty or half full, I responded I see just a glass of water.
    Now you know how I think.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, the guy told me he had worked there for 8 months and had never seen it done. I insisted it was possible so he went back to talk to his manager. He came back out and gave me the regional line. What can I do to make it happen when the CSRs won't make it happen for me?
    Worst case, call sales and order without contract. Just remember, you won't be able to purch w/ less than 24 month contract through the Cingular web site.

Carrier(s)
    Tracfone - FreedomPop
    Feedback Score
    what is a 'regional line'? cingular's regional plans doesn't exist anymore.

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cingular via AT&T/
    Feedback Score
    Update. Got Cingular Nation GSM activation tonight (on my GAIT phone) with no contract. So don't accept that it can't be done. Corporate store on South Dale Mabry in Tampa. At first, he said I had to have a contract, but I dropped the "Customer Owned and Maintained (COAM) equipment" line to the manager and he folded like a Southern belle's fan. I have the standard $39.99 plan on a month to month basis.

I do have to admit that I didn't mention contract (and niether did he) until he had gone thru the whole activation process. When he told me that I would be asked to confirm accepting a two year contract was when I dropped the bombshell, that I wanted month-to-month. He was able to quickly go back in and change that. I asked for a receipt, just in case.

The sales guy was very nice. To make up for the hassle, he didn't even charge me for the SIM card. Life is good!

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with Cingular. Cust Service person said she talked to two managers and a sales rep they can't make a new account without a contract. I canceled my account. Is there any hope?

Feedback Score
    Just got off the phone with Cingular. Cust Service person said she talked to two managers and a sales rep they can't make a new account without a contract. I canceled my account. Is there any hope?
    Customer care are a bunch of ****tards sometimes. Im in the activation department and i have agents calling to activated 0 commitment plans every now and then. Yes it can be done.

Here is the criteria
    1.Pay full retail for the phone/sim or bring in your own cell phone/sim
    2.Pass our credit check

Here is what you get
    1. Any of the nat plans or Ft plans without the M2M and no Rollover
    2.No contract, pay month to month
    3. 0 commitent accounts are ineligable for upgrades

Im guessing the sales guys dont say anything is maybe they dont get $$ out of it? thats what im guessing.

Device(s)
    Audiovox 8900
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by So Cal Blue Rep
    Customer care are a bunch of ****tards sometimes. Im in the activation department and i have agents calling to activated 0 commitment plans every now and then. Yes it can be done.

Here is the criteria
    2.Pass our credit check

Here is what you get

Im guessing the sales guys dont say anything is maybe they dont get $$ out of it? thats what im guessing.
    No rollover... ouch. And NEVER eligable for upgrade? Even after, say, 3 years of service? If I have to get a contract maybe I should just buy a new phone and sell it?

Carrier(s)
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score
    If you think about it, that doesn't make much sense. I am betting that after some reasonable amount of time you could also get new customer pricing on phones (="upgrade"). Believe me, they do not want to lose your business. It just helps to be properly armed with the right information/buzzwords/etc. The first Cingular contact you make (i.e. nearest corporate store or agent to your house) might not always get you situated. Most recently, I've had better luck dealing with their phone CSRs than any in-person Cingular dealer. Now three years ago it was the opposite. Then I found the CSRs to be decent, but not as helpful as local assistance. YMMV.

-Pedro

p.s. if you look at some other threads dealing with no-contract experiences, you will see that others have indeed successfully migrated to family talk plans, and plans w/ M2M down the line. Just start by using the search terms 'no contract'.

No rollover... ouch. And NEVER eligable for upgrade? Even after, say, 3 years of service? If I have to get a contract maybe I should just buy a new phone and sell it?

Carrier(s)
    AT&T via Cingular via AT&T/
    Feedback Score

Here is the criteria
    2.Pass our credit check

Here is what you get

Are you sure about the no rollover? They didn't mention that to me. I was only told no special promotions, and the only current promotion is m2m.

Why worry about upgrades unlessyou're one of those supertechies who must have the latest, greatest gadget? You can just buy another phone when you need it. The "upgrades" I was offered online were pretty crappy anyway. Frankly, I didn't care for any of the phones offered by Cingular. And I never pay full retail for anything? I like my SE T637 much better and got it unlocked for $90 on eBay.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    No that doesn't sound right. There are no current rate plans that do not have RO since the old $29.99 plans went away. The only limited plans w/out contract don't offer M2M.
    Last edited by cingtd; 09-15-2005 at 05:03 PM. Reason: quote not listed properly
    If I'm annoyed and you're annoyed, does that make us a paranoid ??

Sarcasm is a fine art...

"Don't believe everything you think"

It's not a matter of if you win or lose, it's how you assign the blame

Feedback Score
    I stand corrected, RO is included but no m2m

Carrier(s)
    at&t
    Feedback Score
    Here is the criteria
    2.Pass our credit check

Here is what you get
    1. Any of the nat plans or Ft plans without the M2M.
    All the above is correct as of 1-4-06. If you go to a store and they will not activate your service its cause they dont get paid enough to deal with it. It can be done though.

This thread has been placed in the FAQ for future reference.
    Last edited by tripy; 02-05-2006 at 02:33 PM.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast