Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Does cingular offer no contract option?

Device(s)
    Motorola v551
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Another question, If I have Cingular and Im up for a contract renewel, is there a way to keep my current sim card and phone number and sign up for month to month???

Carrier(s)
    ATT Nation Family Talk 1400
    Feedback Score
    You don't have to do anything when your contract expires. It's an automatic shift to month-to-month.

enjoy,
    Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Mt. Yukon
    Another question, If I have Cingular and Im up for a contract renewel, is there a way to keep my current sim card and phone number and sign up for month to month???

Device(s)
    Two Tin Cans
    Carrier(s)
    A String
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 91-stang
    i am shocked people are still arguing over this. i am in the kansas city area, and our cingular stores have had the no contract deal for at least 6 months if not more.

also, correct me if i am wrong, but i believe with most companies, even with a contract you basically "pre-pay" anyways. you pay for the next month, plus any overages/extras from the previous month, not just pay for the previous month.

my bill that i just got on 3-11 shows it as 3/05-4/05...therefore you pre-pay on it.
    In California, we do not have the 0 month option. As of 4/1/2006 we can do national acounts, and my first was from Florida. Guess what?.. there was an option for 0 months.. as well as 11 month verbal.. and some other stuff. We do not have that option in California using the same interface (OPUS) so this battle about if it can be done or not is pointless. Some markets can and some cant.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alfred_Neuman
    this job would be great if it weren't for the F'ing customers.
    Quote Originally Posted by taylorh
    Cingular could match T-Mobiles pricing when T-Mobile matches Cingular's coverage.
    (You get what you pay for)

Device(s)
    Two Tin Cans
    Carrier(s)
    A String
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tripy
    All the above is correct as of 1-4-06. If you go to a store and they will not activate your service its cause they dont get paid enough to deal with it. It can be done though.

This thread has been placed in the FAQ for future reference.
    Wrong. It depends on the Market.

Device(s)
    Nokia N80
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    If you are currently on the $.25 flat rate plan, can you upgrade to the $1 a day free M2M plan without getting a new sim? Or do they have to activate a new account?

Device(s)
    Nokia 8290 (TMO primary and site checker) / 6200 (850 roaming) / 6340i (AT&T PAYG and site checker)
    Carrier(s)
    Simple Mobile / AT&T PAYG (for backup & checking cell sites) / PagePlus (trial)
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Bill
    If you are currently on the $.25 flat rate plan, can you upgrade to the $1 a day free M2M plan without getting a new sim? Or do they have to activate a new account?
    I believe you have the option to switch between the two when you recharge your account.

Device(s)
    Blackbery Storm
    Carrier(s)
    VZW
    Feedback Score
    Would a credit check still have to be done?

Device(s)
    Razr V3
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Arrow Cingular No Contract Services

I'm an agent for Cingular and here's the deal. Cingualr offers two types of pre-paid, no contract terms. One plans offers you similar as post paid contract subscribers. go to Cingualr's site this will give you the correct information. http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cel...requestid=6353

There is one plan that gives you unlimite mobile to mobile and that is $69.99 per month. You must put the charges against a credit or debit card.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Granted, you are an agent, but I'm not certain you have read all of the various threads on this topic.

Depending on where someone lives, a no contract, i.e. month-to-month, non-pre-paid/non go-phone option might be available to someone who walks in requesting it. The web site does not always provide such level of detail regarding what precisely Cingular can or cannot do to accomodate a customer. YMMV.

-Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by pdirish1953
    I'm an agent for Cingular and here's the deal. Cingualr offers two types of pre-paid, no contract terms. One plans offers you similar as post paid contract subscribers. go to Cingualr's site this will give you the correct information. http://onlinestorez.cingular.com/cel...requestid=6353

There is one plan that gives you unlimite mobile to mobile and that is $69.99 per month. You must put the charges against a credit or debit card.

Device(s)
    LG CU500v
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I'm still with Cingular Blue and just called 611 and asked about the no-contract option. I talked to Manuel Gonzalez and his supervisor Yvonne, and they said that I absolutely couldn't migrate from Blue to Orange without at least a 1-year agreement. Yvonne called the Credit & Activations department, and they confirmed that it was not possible.

Is the no-commitment option only available to new customers, has it been discontinued, or am I perhaps in the wrong region? For the record, I'm in Columbus, Ohio. Or am I just being given the run-around?

Device(s)
    Apple iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Does Cingular still offer no contract option? Last I talked to customer service, only option is GoPhone. Anyone could help me out?

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score
    Yes, it's still available. But it may be easier to get no contract service in person. The last two friends who I've sent to Cingy were not able to successfully obtain no contract service via the telephone CSRs. They were however able to walk into a corporate store with GSM handsets and get no contract service. Just be persistent, since the in store reps don't make any money off you AFAIK. That's why the first one you speak with might not be so helpful. You could always do them a favor and add something to your account (even something small), or buy an accessory to help them out a little. YMMV.

-Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by Jmyeosf
    Does Cingular still offer no contract option? Last I talked to customer service, only option is GoPhone. Anyone could help me out?

Feedback Score

Getting the runaround..

I just called Business Sales (I have a FAN number), and they said a no-contract (after initially stating it did not exist) plan had to be done at the store. I called the store, and was told a no contract plan had to be done over the phone. More runaround - and being given multiple numbers to call and speak to even more clueless people or machines that won't handle my call correctly is why I cancelled Cingular last year within my 30 days.

The ONLY reason I am considering Cingular is to use a P910A I am going to purchase...otherwise I would stay at Sprint.

Now, the next issue: cancellations. I need M2M, so I am open to a 1yr contract, but I understood the cancellation charge (in Florida) is $10 per month remaining on the contract...now the store told me it's $175 per line. So which is it? $175 or $10 per month remaining on the contract? If it's the latter, I will probably just sign up for the 1yr...if it's the former, I might just stick to Sprint where I have no contract.

Device(s)
    RAZR V3i
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    gophone is no contract....here in the KC area they include free nights/weekends and free m2m. so why is gophone a bad option? is there some catch i do not know? they just want a secured payment option as far as i know....i just stuck out my contract and have no contract now. but i would easily do a no contract if i needed to do it again. i have tons of phones.

ps, i have a blackberry and a v3 razr for sale from cingular.

Carrier(s)
    Feedback Score

coverage

AFAIK, GoPhone does not have the same roaming ability as post-paid. In other words, you would not get the same coverage. Someone will hopefully verify this.

-Pedro

Quote Originally Posted by 91-stang
    so why is gophone a bad option? is there some catch i do not know?

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast