Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Thread: Does cingular offer no contract option?

Feedback Score
    Ive got another thread in the main att forum about it, but technically to answer your question, I don't know.

However, what was described to me is that if you either start on a contract then rescind within the 30 day trial period, or if they fudge up the no contract option and put you on a contract then remove it, it creates a computer "glitch" (not really a glitch) where the contract cuts your upgrade eligibility for two years, even though you are not on contract.

This is "easy" to correct. Call CS and ask for the issue to be corrected and they were happy to do so for me. This will give you your upgrade back.

----------

But you are now an ATT customer. So new equipment or no, you gave up your new customer pricing.

Device(s)
    HTC Kaiser
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    Just wanted to say thanks to those who offered advice in this thread. I was easily able to sign up contract free. Last year the store rep lied to me and told me it is not possible. This time the rep (different store) said no problem. I even asked to see on the computer screen where it says no contract as someone else suggested. On the screen to create a new account there is a drop down selector for contract length with choices of 12mo, 0mo and 24mo. One the printout that he gave me it says Term of Service: NONE. I still get unlimited m2m and I can get discount pricing if I do choose to sign a contract. I am loving the coverage improvement and I can't wait to visit home where I can enjoy 3G. He also told me 3G will be available here in blacksburg/christiansburg by the end of the year. Thanks!

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10