Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SX66 Standardization Project

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Feedback Score

SX66 Standardization Project

Hello everyone,

So, how many of you are using the SX66?? Did you know that the SX66 is the U.S. variant of a phone released worldwide by a company called HTC? HTC's code name for this phone is Blue Angel. Did you know that the current System ROM version for the Blue Angel is 1.40.00. What version are you running?? Siemens latest, and only update will take you to version 1.33.10. Did you know that there are serveral Radio ROM upgrades that HTC has made available, yet Siemens has only released the oldest version? And did you know that there have been serveral upgrades to the applications that HTC includes with this phone, again the Siemens is not interested in providing to the users of the SX66?? Did you know that Cingular has started to SIM lock these phones?

The SX66 Standardization Project was designed to help end users of the SX66 to get their (pretty darn expensive) phone upgraded to the latest versions available from HTC. Working with people worldwide, we get the latest versions of the software, and "cook" it to be usable on the SX66. Have I gotten your attention?? Well, here is the kicker, we provide these files, and instructions free of charge. We even have the SIM unlocking application that was created at XDA-developers.com.

If you are interested, check out The SX66 Standardization Project

My email is available on that site, or you can contact me here with questions.
    -Chris

Device(s)
    Kjam (Great Phone)
    Carrier(s)
    Rogers
    Feedback Score

Couple of Questions

Chris

Thanks alot for your help and appreciate you taking the time to compile everything in an easy to use site. I just need some additional information and hope you dont mind takign the time to answer them

- What is the benefit of upgrading to ver. 1.4, I couldnt see any release notes for the upgrade
    - Also it states that its a Dutch version, does that mean it will be a localized version or English version

Thanks a lot for your help

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Feedback Score
    Stormy,

The 1.40.00 System ROM was released with the 1.12.00 Radio ROM. Below is the note from the Imate site, that details the fixes in these two ROMs:

* Upgrade from Microsoft AKU 1 to AKU 2.6 for Windows Mobile 2003SE
    o Includes upgrade from Windows Media Player 9 to Windows Media Player 10 Mobile
    * Widcomm Bluetooth update
    * Updated MMS, CallerID Camera, Album and MIDI Manager
    * Driver modification:
    o Solutions of white screen issue
    o Bluetooth DUN failed issue has been fixed
    o Screen toggle of WMP will work properly with QWERTY keyboard
    o Audio output has been improved so that music playing will no longer stop after power off/on
    * W-LAN Upgrade:
    o The string of "TX Rate" value in W-LANMgr when coexistence enabled has been modified from "2M" to "11M"
    o W-LAN will auto turn on after device power on/off cycle
    o W-LAN Manager will show empty data when W-LAN disconnects with Access-Point
    o Improved W-LAN at ELP mode
    o W-LAN Manager will show the right SSID value if repeatedly changing AP's SSID value
    o W-LAN will reconnect back to AP while device is timeout off at non-signal place and then power on
    o WPA dynamic roaming works successfully
    o LEAP to other network connection is now working properly
    o Enhanced the system ability when stressing power on/off device with W-LAN on

Since the 1.40.00 system was released, a new Radio ROM (1.13.00) has become available.

The extended ROM available is the collection of all the latest registry settings, and HTC application updates as the apply to the SX66. The goal of the standardization project is not only to provide the lastest System and Radio ROMs, but also to provide a highly tuned extended ROM that provides latest HTC applications, and patches to create the most stable and functional PDA Phone.

As for the Dutch version, all the ROMs are the World Wide Editions, which means there are in english. The country designation is only to indentify the distribution from which the ROM came from. The european carriers are much better at releasing updates for the Blue Angel then their US counterparts, so you will almost always see newer stuff available from "across the pond".

-Chris

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I'm using the standardized 1.40.00 ROM with EXT ROM 1.40.124 (modified to remove a few items I never use, and I added a few that I do), and I've been extremely happy with it. The Bluetooth and wifi seems a lot more reliable, and the upgrade to WM 10 is nice. I would recommend the upgrade for anyone with an SX66 (that siemens ROM is crap). Now if only I could get Windows Mobile 5...

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Screwed my Model Number - Help Please

I need someone to use the getDevicedata in the Ext ROM Program that is on Cingular and send me the Information

I need to know the rest of this

PH20B WWE E ****** <-- I dont know Cingulars Country ID

http://www.fluidhosts.com/GetDeviceData.exe
    (2) Motorola - True V600
    Flex - GI9V600000AA0E9
    Firm - Triplets_G_0B.09.4AR

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Feedback Score
    Op ID for Cingular is XGULA001. If you have the AT&T variant the Op
    ID is XGULB001

-Chris

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Talking Sponsor Your Site and Files

Chris,

Thank you for this Wonderful release. I see you have Donations on your site. I would like to do something more for you then that. How about I will donate you all the space for files and your site with Email accounts Cpanel Fantasico and everything. I would like to thank you for your support and time spent on this Firmware. Please let me know.

Check out Cpanel and Fantasico

Http://www.fluidhosts.com/Cpanel
    Login: demo
    Password: demo

And if Howard Forums needed an Sponsor I would love to do there site also.,,,

Feedback Score
    Fluid hosts.com just tried to add itself as a security cert so that it could download spyware (probably) and viruses to my computer!

of course i blocked it because i use firefox but you people shoudl really be aware that this fluidhosts.com is trying to access your computer. at least as far as trying to install a security cert which would give them a key to do whatever they wanted to your system.

if you viewed this thread you may already be infected.

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Perhaps you should look into it a little bit more ebfore you fly off on a tangent....

The reason for th security cert is because SOMEONE (*cough DSSTech) decided to use a secure image for their signature...the URL is: https://www.fluidhosts.com/banners/f...nner468x60.gif

So you need the certificate to be able to view the image... that's all. Sorry, no conspiracy theories or fun invasion of privacy, just an image with a secure URL.

That said, please DSSTech remove the **** image!

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsstech
    Chris,

Thank you for this Wonderful release. I see you have Donations on your site. I would like to do something more for you then that. How about I will donate you all the space for files and your site with Email accounts Cpanel Fantasico and everything. I would like to thank you for your support and time spent on this Firmware. Please let me know.

Check out Cpanel and Fantasico

Http://www.fluidhosts.com/Cpanel
    Login: demo
    Password: demo

And if Howard Forums needed an Sponsor I would love to do there site also.,,,
    Dsstech,
    That is a very generous offer, however my current setup really works for me right now. And bysides, I finally got the URL listed in Google.

But if I run into bandwidth issues, I'll give you a shout!

-Chris

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Thank you for putting him in his place.

Chris,

My offer is ALWAYS open to you. I own my own Datacenter and i dont mind helping you out.

ALSO

My cell Phone sometimes cant connect to GPRS. I have to reboot the phone for it to work. Very wierd. I have copied the old GPRS and Medianet Cabs over to the phone and installed them. I will let you know what i find out.

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    CHris,

Ok here is the Problem. after a while GPRS will not connect anymore. It says that it can't dial it it is not a Cingular problem. If i turn the phone into Flight mode and then back GPRS will connect. If I cycle the phone it works. Just seems after a while of being on. It just doesnt want to connect anymore GPRS. Any ideas. I am Using your FIrmware and the Beta Ext Rom you have on your site.

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsstech
    CHris,

Ok here is the Problem. after a while GPRS will not connect anymore. It says that it can't dial it it is not a Cingular problem. If i turn the phone into Flight mode and then back GPRS will connect. If I cycle the phone it works. Just seems after a while of being on. It just doesnt want to connect anymore GPRS. Any ideas. I am Using your FIrmware and the Beta Ext Rom you have on your site.

The problem you are experiencing happens when you are connected via GPRS, and you get disconnected because of loss of signal. The problem is at the OS level, and a lot of people, including myself are looking for a fix. Current work around is the Radio Reset app in the ExtROM tools folder. One click off, one click on, and you're good to go.

-Chris

Device(s)
    Softbank 920sh, Android Dev Phone 1, Softbank X02HT, Apple iPhone
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I've got a slight problem.

I've upgraded my SX66 to the latest ROMs, including the Extended one. After I did all that, I restored my apps etc. with xBackup and now some upgraded items have disappeared, things like magic button, band selection, the blue angel today screen theme, etc, even the media player 10 skin (there is now NO THEME on windows media at all). How can I get this stuff back without reflashing, therefore wiping out all my old apps/settings etc?

Edit: I'd also like to add that all ringtones dissapeared also, except for Windows Default and Cingular.
    Last edited by bparker05; 08-13-2005 at 08:01 PM.

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by bparker05
    I've got a slight problem.

I've upgraded my SX66 to the latest ROMs, including the Extended one. After I did all that, I restored my apps etc. with xBackup and now some upgraded items have disappeared, things like magic button, band selection, the blue angel today screen theme, etc, even the media player 10 skin (there is now NO THEME on windows media at all). How can I get this stuff back without reflashing, therefore wiping out all my old apps/settings etc?

Edit: I'd also like to add that all ringtones dissapeared also, except for Windows Default and Cingular.
    The problem is restoring the apps over wrote major portions of registry. It is never a good idea to restore your application with any type of back program when doing an update of this type. Data is not a problem, but best case is always to reload the applications.

So how to solve your problem? Unlock and unhide your extended rom folder, then disable the radio with the radio reset app. Then go through the extended rom folder, executing each cab, one at a time. Prefferably in the order they are listed in the config.txt file. This is a bit time consuming, and I can't vouch for how well it will work. But it is a solution that doesn't require a hard reset.

Of course the best solution is a hard reset, reinstall your applications, and restore your data.

-Chris

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast