Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SX66 Standardization Project

Device(s)
    N80
    Carrier(s)
    ATTws
    Feedback Score
    with the add ringtones.. i have found that you have to add the files(mp3,wav) under the windows:rings folder then the appear in your rings list..

Chris, i will update the ext rom tonight. did you ever fix the bandcab yet?? i still have the old fix but need to know if i should apply it or not. also my ATT variant has been running dtrong for about 3 weeks with only resets for GPRS issues and the phone screen of death where every time i clsoe a screen it pops up my phone window..

also.. you guys get 5 bars??!! i just assumed that 4 was the max.. i have never seen 5 bars yet!!

alex

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I apologize... I do only get 4 bars, and 4 is the max. I just kind of assumed 4 was the max and I noticed that it was full strength so I never really thought about it. It goes from 0 bars (the moving searching indicator) to 4 bars (one bar looks like a dot). I checked the manual to double check and it is only 4.

Device(s)
    SX66 (AT&T Variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by adh2k1
    Chris, i will update the ext rom tonight. did you ever fix the bandcab yet?? i still have the old fix but need to know if i should apply it or not. also my ATT variant has been running dtrong for about 3 weeks with only resets for GPRS issues and the phone screen of death where every time i clsoe a screen it pops up my phone window..

alex
    Hey Alex,

I have an AT&T variant as well (though I use Cingular and the phone is branded for Cingular). I want to update my phone to 1.40.xxx, but I am confused a little ...

Can I update using Chris' updates for the AT&T variant (ROM & Radio), then use the appropriate Cingular Ext ROM (ie. 1.40.125) --OR-- am I S.O.L. for an extended ROM since I have the AT&T variant?

In other words, do the Extended ROMs work for both the AT&T variant (XGULB001) and the Cingular version (XGULA001)?

Thanks in advance for your help! Can't wait to update.
    SX66 (PH20B1) (AT&T Variant)
    ROM 1.32.10 WWE
    ROM date: 12/17/04
    Ext ROM 1.32.115 WWE
    Radio 1.02.10
    *I wanna get updates

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by proteandigital
    Hey Alex,

I have an AT&T variant as well (though I use Cingular and the phone is branded for Cingular). I want to update my phone to 1.40.xxx, but I am confused a little ...

Can I update using Chris' updates for the AT&T variant (ROM & Radio), then use the appropriate Cingular Ext ROM (ie. 1.40.125) --OR-- am I S.O.L. for an extended ROM since I have the AT&T variant?

In other words, do the Extended ROMs work for both the AT&T variant (XGULB001) and the Cingular version (XGULA001)?

Thanks in advance for your help! Can't wait to update.
    The only thing you will loose is the automatic settings for your GPRS. They will be set to the Cingular Standard. It will still work on your phone.

Device(s)
    SX66 (AT&T Variant)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    OK, so I use the ROM (1.40.00) and Radio(1.13.00) updates for the AT&T variant, then use the Cingular Extended ROM update found on the Extended ROM page?

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by proteandigital
    OK, so I use the ROM (1.40.00) and Radio(1.13.00) updates for the AT&T variant, then use the Cingular Extended ROM update found on the Extended ROM page?
    Yes. The only difference is you might want to change the boot images, and you will have to configure all the GPRS settings manually whenever you hard-reset the phone. A small price to pay for this upgrade if you ask me, I'd do it anyway.

You can find info on changing the boot images at xda-developers.com

You could also remove the Cingular_Cust cab from startnig up, but that won't help you much, it just won't install cingular settings. Alternatively, you could make your own cab to program AT&T settings (if any of them are actually different) on hard-reset, but the fact that you're asking about the rom upgrade means creating your own cab is probably a lot more effort than it's worth to you.

Feedback Score
    I have a SX66 from cingular; it is okay to upgrade with the "Dutch" releases?

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    anyone have the problem with you have to reboot the SX66 to get the BlueTooth to turn on. When i try to turn on the BlueTooth it says there is no move Driver Mem left and I have to soft reset to get it to turn on.
    (2) Motorola - True V600
    Flex - GI9V600000AA0E9
    Firm - Triplets_G_0B.09.4AR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsstech
    anyone have the problem with you have to reboot the SX66 to get the BlueTooth to turn on. When i try to turn on the BlueTooth it says there is no move Driver Mem left and I have to soft reset to get it to turn on.
    Nope, I don't have that problem. Although, my Plantronics Bluetooth Headset M2500 sounds really horrible in regards to audio quality. People have complained so much that I do not use it anymore.

Has anyone else had audio quality problems?

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dsstech
    I had that problem for a while... I think I ended up doing a hard-reset and it worked fine. I think it might have been an issue with another program or possible even a cab in the ext_rom. Not sure what I did to fix it though... If I remember I'll let you know.

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by nicksm2
    Nope, I don't have that problem. Although, my Plantronics Bluetooth Headset M2500 sounds really horrible in regards to audio quality. People have complained so much that I do not use it anymore.

Has anyone else had audio quality problems?
    BT Audio Quality has long been known as an issue in the BA. I'd be interested to know if anyone with WM5 knows if that's improved at all?

Feedback Score
    I'm desperatly trying to set up wi-fi connection using to browse internet at work and at home. Keep in mind, I was successul on setting up the internet conn. on either one of the locations. However, at work, I should go and reconfigure all the ip address and DNS, and I never been able to download or connect to my data file. Wherever I go, try new setting I end up to deal with "modem" setting. A help on that it will be very appreciated!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I just did the updates last night. I thought everything was working fine until I tried connecting GPRS this morning. I get the bubble that indicates Cannot Connect. Dialed wap.cingular. The answering modem has disconnected. Check the modem settings.

I did check through the settings and they do appear to be correct. The only potential problem I see is the password location. It has more asteriks than you would need for CINGULAR1 (all caps). I retyped the password but it seems to always go back to the way it was before when I go back to it. Could this be the Caller ID program issue someone reported? If so, how do I correct that? Thanks.

UPDATE - It seems that my phone was not seeing GPRS at the time. Possibly the cell site had an issue. It is unusual at that was at home and I have not had a problem in the past. The GPRS indication is different than before and I did not realize that the small X means that there is no GPRS available. It is only available when the G is shown. I was able to connect then. I still think something may not be 100% but at least I know it is not the settings. I did notice some display flickering that I have never noticed. This was on the Today page.

Juan
    Last edited by JT4; 09-29-2005 at 09:48 AM.

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

New York SX66 & MMS

Help!!!

I've followed all the steps on the Standardization project and must say it was great. Unfortunately, I have a blue SX66 on the Cingular network and cannot get MMS to work. I spent 2 hours on the phone with Cingular tech support only to have them refer me to the warranty exchange department (which is when I promptly hung up!).

Anyone who has any ideas would be greatly appreciated. I love the way it works now with the exception of this problem.

Thanks,
    Ron

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Update issues

I did the update from the Standardization Project last last week. My whole reason for doing the update was to upgrade the Bluetooth to get my Jabra 250 headset to work. The update appeared to work fine but I still cannot connect with the headset. It appears the bluetooth was not updated, when I look at the settings/about it says Bt-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 3500.

Did I miss something or is there something else I have to do? I still cannot connect with the headset. I eamiled Chris but go no reply. I'm thinking though that my spam filter might have killed his email. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Jeff

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast