Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: SX66 Standardization Project

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Strike965
    Did I miss something or is there something else I have to do? I still cannot connect with the headset. -Jeff

Did you do the Extended ROM update? That is where the BT update is. Go to that page on the same website and follow the directions. My SX66 seems to be connecting better with my SE HBH-660 BT headset. Not that it matters much as I should have my new K-Jam tomorrow and my SX-66 goes up for sale.

Juan

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JT4
    Did you do the Extended ROM update? That is where the BT update is.
    Yes, I did the System and Raido updates first and then I did the Extended ROM update.

-Jeff

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Yes, I did the System and Raido updates first and then I did the Extended ROM update.

-Jeff

Hmmm. I did not do anything different. Do you have some applications you did not have before such as Magic Button? If you don't then maybe you got your extended ROM confused, that is you may have mistakenly put the old data back in. I guess you could always just try re-installing the extended ROM again. I had the same BT version prior to update the extended ROM. Not sure what else I can suggest.

Juan

Device(s)
    Siemens SX66
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JT4
    Do you have some applications you did not have before such as Magic Button?
    There's a few new applications and Magic Button is one of them, the startup screen has changed and the wallpaper has changed. Everything looks like it worked but for whatever reason the Blue Tooth version is reading the same and I can't connect the Jabra headset. I'll try doing the update again and see how it goes. I thought maybe there was a step I missed or something I forgot to do...looks as though no one else has had this problem.

Thanks,
    -Jeff

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score

Check this Out Big Problem!!!

SX66 Crew,

I found a Problem. After a Clean Firmware update of the 1.13.00 For Radio and for the Os is 1.40.00 and Ext Rom 1.40.125 for Cingular. I noticed after a while the Wireless network doesnt work or will not come on. But here is the other thing if i try to turn it on and it doesnt work. I soft reboot. Well it reboots and then when it loads everything it sticks at 20% on contacts and locks up. I have to ether hard reboot or run it in safe mode. This is a Major Problem. I have reinstall from front to back everything on this unit and it does it every time. Even on the other one i have running the same SX66 stuff with no software installed. Also I noticed if i run like my contacts and some other things and i try to turn on Bluetooth a msg comes up saying there is not enough memory for bluetooth to run and asks me to reboot. I check the memory and it is like 45 storage and 50 for Programs. What is going on here anyhelp please on this. This is not just on one unit i have 2 units that are brandnew. if i put cingulars stuff back on it standard os ext rom and radio rom it doesnt do it.
    (2) Motorola - True V600
    Flex - GI9V600000AA0E9
    Firm - Triplets_G_0B.09.4AR

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Another problem i have fund that if you have a lot of contacts if you have contacts open and go about your day. When you close contacts it gives an error about Critial Low memory for contacts contacts has to close now

Device(s)
    Motorola V600
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    also is there an WM 2005 yet instead of WM2003SE?

Device(s)
    iMate 8502
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    I have the same problem and have gone back to the Cingular ROM....Problem solved.

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    There is a WM5 release, but it's still pretty unstable. I had it installed and the patches helped quite a bit, but pocketbreeze wasn't working too well so I had to downgrade back for a while.
    http://wiki.xda-developers.com/index...angel_WM5_Home

As for the memory issues, it's long been known that the BT isn't the greatest and some ROMs suck up the memory. As far as I know it's considered a Known bug but I'm not aware of any new development on the issue (everyone is focused on WM5)

Device(s)
    SE K790a (on its way)
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I did the update from the Standardization Project last last week. My whole reason for doing the update was to upgrade the Bluetooth to get my Jabra 250 headset to work. The update appeared to work fine but I still cannot connect with the headset. It appears the bluetooth was not updated, when I look at the settings/about it says Bt-PPC/PE Version 1.0.0 Build 3500.

Did I miss something or is there something else I have to do? I still cannot connect with the headset. I eamiled Chris but go no reply. I'm thinking though that my spam filter might have killed his email. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
    -Jeff
    Try upgrading to BT Stack Build 3900. I beleive Chris has the cab for that on his site. It seems to stabailize the BT a little bit.

Device(s)
    unlocked sx66
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    I upgraded to the august Cingular extROM today and i'm happy so far, except that I have no option to turn on the WIFI ... any ideas? There's no longer a check box next to "wifi is OFF."

Device(s)
    iMate 8502
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Where did you get that ROM from? The Blue Angel one has just been too unstable for me.

Device(s)
    unlocked sx66
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by N7TND
    Where did you get that ROM from? The Blue Angel one has just been too unstable for me.
    http://sx66-blueangel.home.comcast.net/Extended.htm

And it's a change in the way the OS is set up, now that i've done a bunch of reading -- turned wifi on in the wifi manager and it's on, the checkbox is no more

Device(s)
    iMate 8502
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    Thanks...That is the ROM I have been having the problems with....I'm just gonna stick with the 'official' Cingular/Siemens ROM - more stable for me.

Ralph

Device(s)
    Cingular 8525
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kid
    I upgraded to the august Cingular extROM today and i'm happy so far, except that I have no option to turn on the WIFI ... any ideas? There's no longer a check box next to "wifi is OFF."

since there is no check box anymore you have to go to the WLan icon on the bottom left of that screen and turn it on....

For all the people that are having problems with these upgrades....are any of you trying to load any backed-up files after you install the latest updates...because if you are then doing a restore after a ROM or ExtROM update it will revert back to the old ROM or ExtROM and will basically cause some issuses for you....in order to successfuly do a Back-up/Restore you'll need a program called Sprite Back-Up...this program has a feature that will allow you to do that....and as reguards to the bluetooth issues Build 3900 seems to be the most stable and you can find it at the xda-developers forums....though like someone mentioned earlier bluetooth headsets has always been an issue with the SX66/BlueAngel, i seem to have the best results with the motorola headsets vs. the others and i've tried plenty of different ones....

and whatever you do stay away from the Windows Mobile 5 updates for now since there are soooooo many issues with it still.....hope this helps some of you.....cheers...
    Cingular Orange
    Cingular 8525 UnlockedSIM/CID
    ROM: vp3G.3.0.0
    ROM date: 07/10/07
    Radio: 1.38.30.10
    Protocol:32.71.7020.12H

Cingular 8125 UnlockedSIM/CID
    ROM: 2.25.11.1 WWE
    Radio: 02.25.11
    Protocol: 4.1.13.12
    ExtROM: 2.25.11.102

Siemens SX66 PH20B1 UnlockedSIM/CID