Phones
    LG8100
    LG6100
    LG4400
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

LG8100 Backlight Won't Turn Off

Well, don't know if I did it or it just broke, but the backlight won't turn off, it goes dim, but doesn't shut off like it used to when I first got it.

This is on both the main screen and the front screen. Basic display options for timing doesn't help, they work as they should. I was playing with the contrast adjustment in the service menu under the media player just to see what effect it had, didn't see any, but just after that I noticed that the backlight never goes off. I don't remember exactly what the contrast settings were before I changed them, but I think I got it close, anyway nothing I do with these settings seem to change the display anyway so it may not be the cause.

Any ideas how to fix this? Or maybe it is just a real glitch I didn't cause

Thanks

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG VX4400 (Old Phone)
    Samsung SCH-850 (Old Phone)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    That would be caused by turning the power save mode off. This option is in the service menu.
    01001010 01010100 01001000 01001010

Phones
    LG8100
    LG6100
    LG4400
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Well, that sounded like a good idea. The mode was already set to "on", so I set it to "off", tried it to see if it made a difference....nope. Went back and set it to "on", tried it again, and it Worked!

Thank you

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG VX4400 (Old Phone)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Yeah, I think the problem with the volume is the same. The phone say's auto volume is off when it's really on so you just toggle it get it to be correct.

Phones
    LG VX8000
    LG VX8100 (retuned to Circuit City)
    HP iPAQ h6315
    Carriers
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jthj
    Yeah, I think the problem with the volume is the same. The phone say's auto volume is off when it's really on so you just toggle it get it to be correct.
    How do you toggle it to be correct?

Phones
    LG VX8100
    LG VX4400 (Old Phone)
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Turn it on, save setting, then turn it off again.

Feedback Score
    Can someone give directions to the power save settings location. I searched, but could not find it.

Thanks in advance.

Tim

Feedback Score

power save

press menu then 0 seven times, menu opens up, scrole down to 10 called battery test. which encludes power save.

Phones
    LG8100
    LG6100
    LG4400
    Carrier
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

Exclamation

Actually, the above will give you the status of the Power Save option, but not allow you to change anything.

If you want to turn it off/on you will need to go the the Service Menu, then number 2. Field Tests, then scroll down to Power Save Mode, wich is identified in the menu as *.

Press Ok and select the setting you want, press Ok to save and your all set.

Good Luck.