Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE Sign Petition To Motorola For 815 Problems!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    nothing wrong with a petition and a phone call. i called 866-buy-moto and hit 1 for english > 1 for cell phones > 2 for phone problems > then 0 for operator and i spoke with Monica ID #351058 . lets start calling too if you dont mind waiting 20-25 minutes on the phone.

i just thought this would be easier for everyone and a lot less time consuming. Monica ID #351058 will be getting the petition.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

WHO-DEY!!!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well we have over 400 views and only 35 signatures. i don't like the math. i was really hoping that more people would take the 2 seconds to do this.

Device(s)
    Moto E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch33
    well we have over 400 views and only 35 signatures. i don't like the math. i was really hoping that more people would take the 2 seconds to do this.
    thats because the majority of us love the phone and have no problems with it. for the last time - no one is ever going to be satisfied 100% with any phone. to me this is one of the best phones verizon has put out - stop *****ing or move to another carrier.

Device(s)
    LG Dare
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I'm off to sign it, as I have the speakerphone issue. Also my volume is very low, even on 7 (I can barley hear mp3 ringers).

Feedback Score
    pauljaws,

How is it that certain people in different areas of the country all have the SAME EXACT problems with a phone? This is not a "oh man i wish the phone did this" sort of thing. This is a PROBLEM with the manufacturing of the product and we need to let the company know about it.

don't be such a douche...

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well pauljaws just because you dont have the echo problem but 1,000's of others due then i guess we should just let it go since all of our major concerns is that you have won the lottery with your 815 and have no issues with the echo or alarm.

i wasn't trying to start an arguement just address some major issues with this product that more than a few obviously have a problem with.

if you have nothing better to do then create negativity on trying to solve what is most likely a simple software update then i guess i could understand.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch33
    well pauljaws just because you dont have the echo problem but 1,000's of others due then i guess we should just let it go since all of our major concerns is that you have won the lottery with your 815 and have no issues with the echo or alarm.
    Where do you come up with "1,000's of others?" Do you know this as a fact? They sure haven't signed the petition . . . only 59 as I write this. Don't you think you're overstating things?

I think you'd make a more believable case if you stuck with statements you can substantiate.

Not trying to pick a fight; just pointing out that this kind of exaggeration often has unintended negative effects on the believability of the author . . .
    PorkRind - The Crunchy Other White Meat ByProduct

Device(s)
    Motorola Z6tv
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    I don't seem to have the echo problem. I've used voice dialing with a BT headset and no one has complained about any echo. I don't doubt that this is a problem for others, but the theory that it's related to using voice dialing may not be correct.

I just re-read the original poster's theory about voice dialing and echo. He's right in that the link between voice dialing and echo could be disproved if someone rebooted their phone, did not use voice dialing, but still got an echo. My experience just proves that it's a random problem.
    Last edited by Smoothieboy; 08-05-2005 at 10:29 PM.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    People on this forum just love to pick up on some innocuous remark someone wrote and then rake him over the coals for a statement that really has nothing to do with the jist of the thread. Ok, instead of saying thousands of others, how about many others? Will that satisfy those that refuse to believe anything can possibly be wrong with the wonderful E815. I like the phone too but returned two of them because they both had problems with the speakerphone. There's nothing wrong with trying to get a big corporate monolith like Motorola off there duff to dig a little deeper into this issue, instead of giving people the canned response that we've looked over the phone and can find no problems with it. You've got my sig.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    well i didnt state 1000's to motorola and maybe that is an overstatement i am not sure. i do know that every site i seem to go to has people talking about it and i cant seem to find one locally that isnt affected by one of the problems.

anyway the point was i wanted some help to get a solution for those of us with these problems and i did not realize it was going to offend anyone.

maybe i should post an edit to the begining of this thread that apologizes to anyone that is not having any issues with their phone for suggesting to motorola there might be an issue with some of these phones.

Device(s)
    Droid 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    The additional info Fletch will send, as of now...I will continue to update this if more bugs are reported.
    Andy W.

---
    In addition to the E815 handset problems listed in the petition, other problems that were brought to our attention, and should be addressed by Motorola are:

1) Wait tones no longer work with the E815 when using a bluetooth headset. (They did work with the most recent version of the v710 software.)

2) When on a call, if a second call comes in through call-waiting, the caller ID information for that call may not display properly at the time it is received, and also may not be logged properly in the log of received calls.
    ---

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pauljaws
    thats because the majority of us love the phone and have no problems with it. for the last time - no one is ever going to be satisfied 100% with any phone. to me this is one of the best phones verizon has put out - stop *****ing or move to another carrier.
    Sadly this is a real problem though, and motorola/verizon wont do a thing about it until we make enough of a deal about it. The 710 took a class action lawsuit that Im sure hurt Verizon and motorola. It will happen again if we dont get our phones replaced or fixed in a timely manner.btw, I singed the petition. Thanks for getting it started.
    Last edited by s4iscool; 08-06-2005 at 10:38 AM.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRobo
    People on this forum just love to pick up on some innocuous remark someone wrote and then rake him over the coals for a statement that really has nothing to do with the jist of the thread. Ok, instead of saying thousands of others, how about many others? Will that satisfy those that refuse to believe anything can possibly be wrong with the wonderful E815. I like the phone too but returned two of them because they both had problems with the speakerphone. There's nothing wrong with trying to get a big corporate monolith like Motorola off there duff to dig a little deeper into this issue, instead of giving people the canned response that we've looked over the phone and can find no problems with it. You've got my sig.
    Actually, I think people on this forum are interested in getting any legitimate issues fixed. Hyperbole isn't the way to do it; stick to the facts, substantiate them, and go to the powers-that-be with that confirmation. The petition is a good start in that direction.

However, should Motorola/Verizon hear "1,000s of others" but receive only a handful of complaints, they're going to write the current complainer off as a crackpot. I certainly would be more likely to dismiss such a claim had I not seen corroborating evidence.

"Many others" is a more subjective term, and harder to disprove. So yes, that may be more effective than "1,000s of others." To Fletch's credit, he states that he did not claim "1,000's of others" to Motorola when reporting his issue.

Device(s)
    V3xx + Moto HS850 + 512mb TF Card
    Carrier(s)
    The New AT&T (land line, DSL, Wireless), DirecTV
    Feedback Score
    The alarm problem is enough of a reason to sign. It is product wide. Don't believe me? Try it yourself and then sign the petition. Some people depend on that alarm. I do and now i'm mad. Might I also suggest adding this forum to your sigs to encourage people to read and sign the petition.

tss_jim

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks tss jim i added it to my signature. i would also love to get a sticky on this for a couple of days. and i agree with you on the alarm because i havent heard anyone say that they dont have the alarm problem and i use that daily.

i never intended to start a battle about these issues i just wanted to get those of us fixed that have the echo problem and get the alarm to be reliable.

whether i used the number 1000's in this thread is irrelevant because it was not worded anything like that on the petition and when i wrote that i was just a little upset that this petition could bother somebody enough to speak out against it. if you don't have the echo great and i wish i didn't but i have tried 4 of these phones so far and everyone has done it to me.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast