Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE Sign Petition To Motorola For 815 Problems!

Device(s)
    V3xx + Moto HS850 + 512mb TF Card
    Carrier(s)
    The New AT&T (land line, DSL, Wireless), DirecTV
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch33
    thanks tss jim i added it to my signature. i would also love to get a sticky on this for a couple of days. and i agree with you on the alarm because i havent heard anyone say that they dont have the alarm problem and i use that daily.

i never intended to start a battle about these issues i just wanted to get those of us fixed that have the echo problem and get the alarm to be reliable.

whether i used the number 1000's in this thread is irrelevant because it was not worded anything like that on the petition and when i wrote that i was just a little upset that this petition could bother somebody enough to speak out against it. if you don't have the echo great and i wish i didn't but i have tried 4 of these phones so far and everyone has done it to me.
    wha you are doing is great! Keep it up! I hope that Motorola will realize that even the little things make a big difference!

tss_jim

Device(s)
    Motorola RAZR V3m
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    signed

words of curtis_tom: "mr. umpire navyseal"

Quote Originally Posted by VZW Employee
    If I told you that I would have to lock you in my basement for the rest of your life. I need to remain stealthy lol

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    thanks tss jim i added it to my signature. i would also love to get a sticky on this for a couple of days. and i agree with you on the alarm because i havent heard anyone say that they dont have the alarm problem and i use that daily.

i never intended to start a battle about these issues i just wanted to get those of us fixed that have the echo problem and get the alarm to be reliable.

whether i used the number 1000's in this thread is irrelevant because it was not worded anything like that on the petition and when i wrote that i was just a little upset that this petition could bother somebody enough to speak out against it. if you don't have the echo great and i wish i didn't but i have tried 4 of these phones so far and everyone has done it to me.
    I spoke out against it? Really?

Perhaps where I said "the petition is a good start in that direction?"
    PorkRind - The Crunchy Other White Meat ByProduct

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    #87 for the win

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    porkrind,

i was not talking about you when i said anything about speaking out against this. if you took it that way i apologize. i really am confused though about how this turned into anything but a positive for some of us and pointless to the the others that dont have an echo problem and don't care about the alarm.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

WHO-DEY!!!

Device(s)
    Krzr with Telus FW
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    When you add the things Andy is noting, also add the part about what happens if the alarm goes off when you write a text message. (The alarm doesn't stop and the screen bugs out)

I havent seen this myself because I still didn't get my e815.....but as soon as i do ill sign the petition....

Device(s)
    Samsung Galaxy S IV 16 GB Black
    Carrier(s)
    U.S. Cellular
    Feedback Score
    I just signed the petition and I'm not even with VZW!!

Carrier(s)
    Airtouch since 1992
    Feedback Score

Wink

For what it's worth I just sent the Motorola Consumer Advocacy Office an email with the problems with the E815. This is the same office i've been dealing with when I sent in my E815 to hopefully get these problems repaired and that was not the case. I'll see what they say when they respond.

I will also follow up on this with a link to the online peition. I also suggest everyone get on planetfeedback.com and write a well thought and explanatory complaint of the problems with the E815. The more people they have to do this the more emphasis they have to get the problems addressed and fixed.

Writing a complaint shouldn't be hard to do....just take the peition....and put it in your own words basically. Also if you've had your phone replaced or swapped out then include that too and how that did not fix the problems.

If your compalint is good enough then you'll be forwarded to the Consumer Advocacy Office and that's what you want then you can email people one on one to hopefully solve the problem. The Consumer Advocacy Office is where you want to be...not relaying messages on motorola.com with a customer service rep.

Last edited by ecko04; 08-07-2005 at 09:55 AM.

Device(s)
    Droid 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Royal2000H
    When you add the things Andy is noting, also add the part about what happens if the alarm goes off when you write a text message. (The alarm doesn't stop and the screen bugs out)

I havent seen this myself because I still didn't get my e815.....but as soon as i do ill sign the petition....
    I just tried to replicate this problem, so I could add it to the list, but I couldn't.

I set an alarm, started entering a text message, and when the alarm sounded, I simply disabled the alarm, and everything functioned exactly as it should have.

I believe I only saw one person mention this, so perhaps it was just a fluke.
    Andy W.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    the problem is not. if you set an alarm and recieve a text message or phone call and do not check it the alarm does not sound until you acknowledge the missed call or text.

Device(s)
    Droid 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    the problem is not. if you set an alarm and recieve a text message or phone call and do not check it the alarm does not sound until you acknowledge the missed call or text.
    I'm not sure if this was directed to me or to someone else, Fletch.

I completely understand the standard alarm problem, which is described in the main text of the petition.

The poster that I quoted, and then responded to, was talking about a different problem. According to him (and bear in mind that he was just reporting what someone else on HoFo had reported) if you are in the middle of writing a new text message, and the alarm goes off, the screen bugs out, and the alarm can not be disabled. It is this problem that I could not replicate, and so am not adding to the additional info you will send Motorola.
    Andy W.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    ooh! well anyway thanks for your help andy. do you happen to catch the childish name someone (wonder who?) left on the petition.

Device(s)
    Droid 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    ooh! well anyway thanks for your help andy. do you happen to catch the childish name someone (wonder who?) left on the petition.
    Yeah, I did see that. Glad to see you were able to delete it.
    Andy W.

Device(s)
    Nexus 6P
    Carrier(s)
    RingPlus
    Feedback Score
    bumping anyone that has the E815, please sign. Thanks!

Device(s)
    MOTO e815 *(sick phone!!)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by luiset83
    bumping anyone that has the E815, please sign. Thanks!

also, you can add the that petition the fact that the e815 is not a full duplex speaker phone. According the people who have tested it out.

http://www.howardforums.com/showthre...9&page=1&pp=15

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast