Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE Sign Petition To Motorola For 815 Problems!

Device(s)
    iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad mini
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Online petitions are a joke. You aren't "signing" anything.

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/petition/internet.htm

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnBTCB

Better than doing nothing. If anything positive comes out of the petition, you be sure to refuse any replacement, repair or firmware update from Verizon because you'd rather lay down and do nothing.

Device(s)
    V3xx + Moto HS850 + 512mb TF Card
    Carrier(s)
    The New AT&T (land line, DSL, Wireless), DirecTV
    Feedback Score

Gotta love the article dating from 18 March 2002. So accurate! Why not sign anyway. whats the worst thing that can happen?

tss_jim

Device(s)
    MOTO e815 *(sick phone!!)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

i remember way back when, apple computer rolled out their g4 daul mirror desktops..some had REALLY LOUD FANS.

Apple refused to say that they had problems.

then online petitions went around, and sites like this

http://g4noise.com/

apple never admitted the fans where loud.. but they sent anyone who wanted them, replacement fans that were quieter then the ones that came with it.

I never had a loud fan problem, but apple still sent me one free of charge...

go figure.

Device(s)
    Treo
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by fletch33
    well we have over 400 views and only 35 signatures. i don't like the math. i was really hoping that more people would take the 2 seconds to do this.
    thats because the e815 doesn't have wide scale problems. the ones you specify are either not shared by most, or so miniscule that they don't warrant a petition or even a phone call.

welcome to the world of electronics, where perfection is only a petition away!

Device(s)
    MOTO e815 *(sick phone!!)
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by esfahani
    thats because the e815 doesn't have wide scale problems. the ones you specify are either not shared by most, or so miniscule that they don't warrant a petition or even a phone call.

welcome to the world of electronics, where perfection is only a petition away!

you are correct. motorola fixed these problems with their new hardware/software revisions...

http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=697911

Device(s)
    iPhone 5, iPad 4, iPad mini
    Carrier(s)
    ATT
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by tss_jim
    Gotta love the article dating from 18 March 2002.
    Maybe it hasn't needed an update since it's all still true.

You didn't challenge any of the facts presentented in the article because you can't. The only thing you can find to challenge is the date?

Did you miss the fact that (even in 2002) programs could be written to falsify thousands of "signatures" with a keystroke, making the petition worth only slightly more than a blank piece of paper. There is absolutly NO WAY to verifly the "signers" of the petition are even real people.

As it also says in the article, the online petitions do serve one purpose. To stroke the ego of the "signers" into thinking they can actually make a difference. So, if you people want to believe that you "signing" (again, you aren't actually "signing" anything) any online petition makes a difference, knock yourself out.

If and when Verizon/Motorola make any change(s), it will be from field reports on returned phones and calls to CS. Not from any online petition.

Last edited by JohnBTCB; 08-09-2005 at 12:33 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Airtouch since 1992
    Feedback Score
    HERE IS THE EMAIL I RECEIVCED FM THE MOTOROLA CONSUMER ADVOCACY OFFICE. THE PROBLEMS HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED IN ANY VERSION OF THE E815 YET AND THERE IS A SOFTWARE VERSION THAT WILL FIX THESE PROBLEMS......THERE ISN'T A SET DATE FOR THE SOFTWARE FIX. I REPEAT REGARDLESS OF YOUR DATE CODE THE PROBLEMS HAVE NOT BEEN FIXED IF IT'S RUNNING ON THE SAME ORIGINAL SOFTWARE!

Mr. Cain,

I forwarded your issues over to the E815 team. They have informed me that the newest software release will alleviate these issues you are having.

In the interim, here are things you can do to alleviate the problems:

Issue 1: Ensure that the volume is NOT on Max...put it on 4 or 5 and you will lose the echo.
    Issue 2: There is no work around until the s/w upgrade
    Issue 3: Ensure that there is at least one quick text and this issue will not appear.

As soon as the software is released, it will alleviate these problems.
    Hope this helps in the interim.

Regards,

Shannon
    Consumer Advocacy Office
    Motorola, Inc

MY ORIGINAL EMAIL

Ms. Burns,

I received the handset on Thursday; unfortunately the problems I had with my first handset are still problems on this handset. If I had known that the handset was simply going to be replaced and not quality tested before it was shipped out to me to see if the problems had been solved then I would've simply went to Verizon Wireless to have the handset swapped out for another and not be 2 weeks without my phone. I sent the handset in to Motorola because I thought hopefully they could fix the problem more so than Verizon and give me back a properly functioning E815 and it turns out that is not the case. I'm surprised these problems were not addressed and fixed prior to the phone being released. I spent over $300 for this phone and I would like for it to function correctly and properly. Maybe when I sent in my phone the problems I stated weren't clear or the rep who pre-logged my phone didn't put in the correct notes but below are the problems I'm experiencing and to me they are some huge problems that I would like to be fixed.

Problems:

1. Significant Echo Problems

If I use the "Obey Moto" voice dial function to call someone they hear their own echo whether I use speakerphone or Bluetooth. The echo problems occur for the person being called by the person using the E815, not on the E815 itself. There are at least two distinct types of echo problems. One is when the user of the E815 is using a Bluetooth headset. The other is when the user of the E815 is using speakerphone. In both cases, the party on the other phone, (which could be a landline or a mobile phone) may hear their own voice echoing back to them.

2. Alarm Clock Function

If the alarm is set, but a text message is received and not read before the time the alarm was set to sound, the alarm simply will not sound.
    For an individual attempting to use the alarm function to wake up, but who also may receive text messages while sleeping, this is obviously a huge problem. The same problem occurs with a missed call, such that a missed call also prevents the alarm from sounding.

3. Obey Moto stops functioning

It has been discovered that if all the "Quick Text" messages are deleted, Obey Moto will no longer function. The simple fix for users that have heard of this problem is to create a new Quick Text message. But most users would simply have no idea why their Obey Moto just stopped working.

Sincerely,

Curtis Cain

Device(s)
    Motorola E815 -- Amazing!
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Great news!

Well, its great as long as the upgrade doesn't have that stupid Verizon RedUI... And as long as we can still do our seem edits!
    If you're gonna be a "know it all," plz, atleast be a helpful one!

Feedback Score

well not to crap on your parade motorola

i found that the echo problem was quite the opposite from the response above. i found that when the volumne WAS at max everything was fine. it was when i turned the volume down a notch where it became a problem. I tested this by turning it back to max and the echo went away, then back down a notch or two and it would reapear

Feedback Score
    FYI -

We have five of the e815's in use and we get echo at random. The news is that we also have been getting echo at random on the Blackberry 7250, LG 4700, LG 6100, and Moto v265.

I'm in the Seattle area, but have experienced this echo in Los Angeles, San Diego, and Modesto as well. It has been increasing for the past few months. Maybe this is a system issue at Verizon, possibly something to do with EVDO? Capacity issues? Who knows, but I don't believe it is one specific handset.

No extra charge for my opinion

Feedback Score
    More effective way to handle this is for everyone to write to every web site that allows user reviews, and encourage people to keep returning/swapping E815 if it's not perfect. I'm sure Verizon/Motorola lost a whole lot of money because of their poor manufacturing control. Realistically, the only way big corporations are going to listen to consumers is if they see the money figure.

Take V710, for example. Lots of manufacturing problems, lots of returned phones. Motorola did address many of these issues when they designed E815---I suspect it's because they saw how much money they lost because of returned V710.

Feedback Score
    I took an E815 back yesterday and the customer service representative was rude and tried to show me there was nothing wrong with the phone. He didn't want to accept it and reluctantly gave me a new phone after I insisted. Obviously, he hasn't been reading much about the E815 problems.

Feedback Score
    WOW!!!!! I thought I was crazy when I told the verizon agent I was hearing echos in my phone... He looked at me like I was crazy.... I tried it agian and nothing.... Your right it does it now and then...

And my phone has froze on my on several occasions for no reason, once when I flipped it open and hit a button on the side it FROZE and i had to remove the battery...

Good phone but the flip will break with in months of basic usage.. mine is already wiggling around side to side... it is only 2 weeks old!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung a990
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

e815 Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Sulli
    WOW!!!!! I thought I was crazy when I told the verizon agent I was hearing echos in my phone... He looked at me like I was crazy.... I tried it agian and nothing.... Your right it does it now and then...

And my phone has froze on my on several occasions for no reason, once when I flipped it open and hit a button on the side it FROZE and i had to remove the battery...

Good phone but the flip will break with in months of basic usage.. mine is already wiggling around side to side... it is only 2 weeks old!!!
    Two Things... With the echo issue I found that I had my bluetooth headset volume up to loud and the person on the other end of the line was hearing a slap-back effect from my headset. I have a small boom headset. I wonder if the problem occers with the longer boom sets?? Anyway, I turned it down a bit and didn't have the probem. Still lame though...

Second - My phone freezes too and I have to remove the batt in order for it to work again. It only did that AFTER I did the 2742_seem by HUMPA. I put the factory seem back in and it still did it. I brought it back to Verizon and played dumb and they replaced the phone. I haven't had the problem since I got the new one (3 days). Afraid to edit the seem again...

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast