Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: PLEASE Sign Petition To Motorola For 815 Problems!

Hybrid View

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Exclamation PLEASE Sign Petition To Motorola For 815 Problems!

I have updated the link with a much better written petition than mine (thanks to andyw2100). please resign if you were one of the first 10 to sign up. Thanks to everyone.

i have started a petition to motorola to fix what i consider the major issues with the e815. iwas told after sending them my phone along with a letter explaining the problems that they have not recieved many complaints on the issues i was addressing and that the phone is working perfectly. i want to show them that these are problems with as many people as i can and that it is not just me or a select few. there are major spaces between my paragraphs on this petition but the website is going to fix that. i tried to include the major problems and i am sure there are more but this is a start.

PLEASE PLEASE sign this and help me show Motorola that they have a problem and it is happening to a lot of us and it is nationwide.

Thanks.

E815 Motorola Petition
    Last edited by fletch33; 08-05-2005 at 01:38 PM. Reason: I added a new link for better petition.
    "i believe louisiana is the pelican state"

WHO-DEY!!!

Device(s)
    Motorola e815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    1st signature. Hope it helps!

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    maybe we could get a sticky on this for a couple of days. i have never asked for one and i am not sure how it happens. thanks.

Device(s)
    BB 8320
    Carrier(s)
    tmo
    Feedback Score
    i have no problems

Device(s)
    HTC Droid Eris
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    While you may not have the speakerphone bug, everyone should be cursed with the alarm issue.
    Please help by signing the petition.

Device(s)
    Droid 4
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Earlier Fletch had asked for some help with the editing of the petition itself. I offered my help in e-mail, but not before the petition actually got posted. I just sent Fletch a note, along with this edited version of the petition. I am hoping that he will change the petition, which will probably require that the few people who have already signed it do so again.

Following is the text I suggested:
    Andy W.

---
    When we spoke on the phone, you indicated that I was the only person
    contacting Motorola concerning problems with the Motorola E815 handset.
    You suggested that it would be helpful to Motorola to know that other
    people are experiencing the same problems that I have been. Towards that
    end, I have started this online petition. I hope that based on the
    number of people who sign this petition you will realize that there are
    many people experiencing the same problems with the E815. Obviously I
    could only reach a very small number of E815 owners in the very short
    amount of time that I had. Please consider the petition signers listed
    below as the tip of the iceberg, rather than as the only users
    experiencing these problems. The problems are widespread.

The people signing this petition have experienced one or more of the
    following major issues affecting the new Motorola E815 handset:

1)Significant Echo Problems

The echo problems occur for the person being called by the person using
    the E815, not on the E815 itself. There are at least two distinct types
    of echo problems. One is when the user of the E815 is using a bluetooth
    headset. The other is when the user of the E815 is using speakerphone.
    In both cases, the party on the other phone, (which could be a landline
    or a mobile phone) may hear their own voice echoing back to them. Note
    that this problem is intermittent and sporadic. Handsets that exhibit
    the problem at one time may not exhibit it later. Finally, there is a
    theory that using ObeyMoto at some point prior to using the speakerphone
    may be a factor in causing the speakerphone version of the echo problem.

2. Alarm Clock Function

If the alarm is set, but a text message is received and not read before
    the time the alarm was set to sound, the alarm simply will not sound.
    For an individual attempting to use the alarm function to wake up, but
    who also may receive text messages while sleeping, this is obviously a
    huge problem. Some people report the same problem occurring with a
    missed call, such that a missed call also prevents the alarm from
    sounding.

3. ObeyMoto stops functioning

It has been discovered that if all the "QuickText" messages are deleted,
    ObeyMoto will no longer function. The simple fix for users that have
    heard of this problem is to create a new QuickText message. But most
    users would simply have no idea why their ObeyMoto just stopped working.

The list above is by no means an all-inclusive list of all the bugs
    found in the E815 handset. We hope that Motorola will address these
    issues, and deliver a fixed E815 that really does perform as this top of
    the line phone has the potential to.

Thanks for your attention to this.

Device(s)
    iPhone 3G
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score
    thanks andyw2100 but i already posted it.

Device(s)
    Nokia N73
    Carrier(s)
    T-Mobile
    Feedback Score
    People on this forum just love to pick up on some innocuous remark someone wrote and then rake him over the coals for a statement that really has nothing to do with the jist of the thread. Ok, instead of saying thousands of others, how about many others? Will that satisfy those that refuse to believe anything can possibly be wrong with the wonderful E815. I like the phone too but returned two of them because they both had problems with the speakerphone. There's nothing wrong with trying to get a big corporate monolith like Motorola off there duff to dig a little deeper into this issue, instead of giving people the canned response that we've looked over the phone and can find no problems with it. You've got my sig.

Device(s)
    BlackBerry 8330 Curve
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GiantRobo
    People on this forum just love to pick up on some innocuous remark someone wrote and then rake him over the coals for a statement that really has nothing to do with the jist of the thread. Ok, instead of saying thousands of others, how about many others? Will that satisfy those that refuse to believe anything can possibly be wrong with the wonderful E815. I like the phone too but returned two of them because they both had problems with the speakerphone. There's nothing wrong with trying to get a big corporate monolith like Motorola off there duff to dig a little deeper into this issue, instead of giving people the canned response that we've looked over the phone and can find no problems with it. You've got my sig.
    Actually, I think people on this forum are interested in getting any legitimate issues fixed. Hyperbole isn't the way to do it; stick to the facts, substantiate them, and go to the powers-that-be with that confirmation. The petition is a good start in that direction.

However, should Motorola/Verizon hear "1,000s of others" but receive only a handful of complaints, they're going to write the current complainer off as a crackpot. I certainly would be more likely to dismiss such a claim had I not seen corroborating evidence.

"Many others" is a more subjective term, and harder to disprove. So yes, that may be more effective than "1,000s of others." To Fletch's credit, he states that he did not claim "1,000's of others" to Motorola when reporting his issue.
    PorkRind - The Crunchy Other White Meat ByProduct

Feedback Score
    More effective way to handle this is for everyone to write to every web site that allows user reviews, and encourage people to keep returning/swapping E815 if it's not perfect. I'm sure Verizon/Motorola lost a whole lot of money because of their poor manufacturing control. Realistically, the only way big corporations are going to listen to consumers is if they see the money figure.

Take V710, for example. Lots of manufacturing problems, lots of returned phones. Motorola did address many of these issues when they designed E815---I suspect it's because they saw how much money they lost because of returned V710.

Feedback Score
    I took an E815 back yesterday and the customer service representative was rude and tried to show me there was nothing wrong with the phone. He didn't want to accept it and reluctantly gave me a new phone after I insisted. Obviously, he hasn't been reading much about the E815 problems.

Feedback Score
    WOW!!!!! I thought I was crazy when I told the verizon agent I was hearing echos in my phone... He looked at me like I was crazy.... I tried it agian and nothing.... Your right it does it now and then...

And my phone has froze on my on several occasions for no reason, once when I flipped it open and hit a button on the side it FROZE and i had to remove the battery...

Good phone but the flip will break with in months of basic usage.. mine is already wiggling around side to side... it is only 2 weeks old!!!

Device(s)
    Samsung a990
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

e815 Freeze

Quote Originally Posted by Sulli
    WOW!!!!! I thought I was crazy when I told the verizon agent I was hearing echos in my phone... He looked at me like I was crazy.... I tried it agian and nothing.... Your right it does it now and then...

And my phone has froze on my on several occasions for no reason, once when I flipped it open and hit a button on the side it FROZE and i had to remove the battery...

Good phone but the flip will break with in months of basic usage.. mine is already wiggling around side to side... it is only 2 weeks old!!!
    Two Things... With the echo issue I found that I had my bluetooth headset volume up to loud and the person on the other end of the line was hearing a slap-back effect from my headset. I have a small boom headset. I wonder if the problem occers with the longer boom sets?? Anyway, I turned it down a bit and didn't have the probem. Still lame though...

Second - My phone freezes too and I have to remove the batt in order for it to work again. It only did that AFTER I did the 2742_seem by HUMPA. I put the factory seem back in and it still did it. I brought it back to Verizon and played dumb and they replaced the phone. I haven't had the problem since I got the new one (3 days). Afraid to edit the seem again...

Device(s)
    HTC One
    Carrier(s)
    AT&T
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    BLACKBERRY STORM2 - 2009 - BEYOND
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score
    i thought this was relevant, worth a bump up

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast