Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score

E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

This is the E815 Super Thread for people that aren't into hacking their phone. I will cover a few things that you may want to know or you may have questions on. Hopefully this will help some of you because i know many of you hack your phone for OBEX and things like that...so lets get started

1. Things you might want to get things like videos, mp3's, etc. on your phone
    *Transflash card(s)- Transflash cards are used as extra memory for your phone such as your MP3's and videos. There are 4 different memory types of transflash cards, 64mb, 128mb, 256mb, and 512mb. Many people have 128mb, and 256mb cards. you can purchase transflash cards at any electronic store such as BestBuy, Circuitcity, Radioshack, etc. You can also purchase them online. Many people purchase their 512mb cards online because they are rare to find in stores.
    *Transflash card(s) adapter- The adapter is used to hold your transflash card to put into your reader (we will get to that in a second) to transfer your media files from your PC to your transflash card. This comes with your card
    *Transflash Reader- This plugs into your USB port in your PC to transfer your media onto your transflash card. They range in price and can be found at any electronic store and online.

2. Formatting your transflash card
    *follow these steps carefully, turn your phone off and than place your transflash card into your phone. Turn your phone back on and press the menu key and go to "phone info" and than press 'OK'. Scroll to "storage devices" and press 'OK'. Press the menu key and scroll to "format", than press 'OK'. 2 questions will come up, for the first one press "yes" :::ONLY DO THIS IF YOU HAVE NOT USED THE CARD YET, BECAUSE YOU WILL ERASE ALL THE DATA ON THE CARD THAT YOU HAVE STORED!::: for the next question hit "no". you have just formatted your card...congratulations now you can use it!!

***FOR MP3's, YOU SHOULD PURCHASE MP3 STEREO HEADPHONES WITH A 2.5mm JACK THAT WILL PLUG INTO YOUR PHONE, YOU CAN PURCHASE THEM IN A STORE OR ONLINE***

3. How do I listen to MP3's on my Motorola E815?
    *Remove the memory card from the phone and insert it into the USB adapter that came with your card. Insert your adapter into the reader which is connected to your PC. Open the mobile/audio folder on the memory card in a windows explorer window. Transfer your MP3's to the audio folder by dragging and dropping from your own personal audio folder into the memory cards audio folder. If your confused, simply try it again..If at first you dont succeed try again! Put your memory card back into your phone. Then press the menu key, scroll to "media gallery" and press 'OK'. Scroll to "sounds" than press 'OK'. Then press your menu key again and choose "switch storage device". Your song should then appear! Enjoy!

4. Creating an MP3 playlist
    *You can create a playlist so you can listen to your music without opening the phone all the time to switch the song, you can also close your phone and listen to it.
    *press menu key, scroll to "media gallery" and press 'OK'. Scroll to "sounds" than press 'OK'. Scroll to "new playlist" and press 'OK'. Enter a playlist name and when your finished press 'OK'. It will then go down to "audio files"...press 'OK'. for each of your songs scroll to the song name and than press 'OK' to select it. When your finished press "done". press "done" again. to listen to the playlist that you just created, go to your playlist name in your "sounds" section...Your songs will start playing. :::If you want to listen to your music by closing your phone, simply press the right soft key that says "hide" and than close your phone.

5. How do i watch videos on my Motorola E815?
    *The Motorola E815 has VCAST which has a supply of videos such as weather, news, entertainment, and sports. You have to be in a EVDO area to and have the VCAST pack which is $15 dollars a month.
    *another way to watch videos on your phone is to use your transflash card. the E815 will accept 3gp, 3g2, and MP4 formats i believe. you can use a 3gp/3g2 converter to convert any type of video file you have on your computer. I'm not going to get into big detail with this because im not that familiar with using video converters. but once you have a 3gp, 3g2, or MP4 file. you simply put your transflash card into your adapter and into the reader connected to your PC and open the videos folder and drag and drop your files. You then go to menu>media gallery>videos>menu key>switch storage device and there you go. Sorry for not going into deep detail but this is for the simply folk like me lol

6. Ringtones
    *there are so many possibilities to get ringtones onto your Motorola E815, I am going to go over a way that i am most familiar with thats easy if you have your transflash card, adapter, and reader.
    * www.walmart.com is a simple way to get ringtones. you simply go to their website and click on the music tab. you than search for your favorite kind of music...at the bottom they will have 30 second MP3 clips of almost any song. you right click, save target as, and save it to your audio folder on your PC. You than go through the whole proccess of dragging and dropping the ringtone file into your cards audio folder. than put the card back into your phone and send your ringtone into a message. send it to a bogus # such as 555-555-5555. the message will fail ::ONT WORRY ITS SUPPOSED TO!::: you than go to your outbox and select that message. your ringtone will start playing, save it to your phones memory. than go to your sounds section and it should be there! you then select it and click the menu button and "apply as ringtone" there you go! a free ringtone ready to use!
    *VZW TONES is an application on Get It Now but stupidly verizon has a website of all of those audio files which you can put on your card and use as a ringtone instead of paying for it on Get It Now. Here is the website...you than follow the same rules as you would do on walmart.com and right click, save target as, save to your PC audio folder. than put it on your card and send in a message to a bogus #...blah blah blah...follow the same steps as i described above!
    *custom ringtones
    I dont have any custom ringtones except 1 that someone on this forum made for me. If you have no clue on how to make custom ringtones i wouldnt try it unless you follow someone else's guide..***THERE ARE VERY GOOD RINGTONE GUIDES IN THIS FORUM SO IF YOU REALLY WANT CUSTOM RINGTONES SOMEBODY HERE CAN PROBABLY HELP YOU MORE THAN I CAN*** for custom ringtones you would simply use the "outbox method" which i have described above to use it. a custom ringtone has to be a certain size and should be 48kbps/44kHz/Stereo Mpeg 1.0 Layer 3. It should be in Mono instead of Stereo for the best sound quality out of your phone.

7. Wallpapers/Animated Screensavers.
    *wallpapers have to be a jpeg file, 176x220, and 72dpi (dots per inch) i believe. you could make your own wallpapers on your computer and put them onto your transflash card but this time using your pictures folder and than put your card back in and go to pictures, switch storage device, apply as wallpaper. You can also take wallpapers that you find online and use them if they are made properly.
    *animated screensavers have to be an animated gif. they are 176x220 and you can put them on your transflash card. I think you would put them in the pictures folder :::CORRECT ME SOMEBODY IF IM WRONG::: and than put it in your phone, go to your pictures, switch storage device, find it, than apply as screensaver. screensavers will appear on your phone if you leave your phone open for an amount of time...you can choose of how much time until it kicks in...this option is probably in the settings folder...you can choose between 1 and 2 minutes i think.

8. Speakerphone
    *using the speakerphone is quite easy and you can also use it while the phone is close unlike its younger brother the V710. to use the speakerphone simply press the speaker key on the outside of the phone during a call or before a call. to end the call simply press the speaker key again..simple and easy

9. Some simple features in your Motorola E815
    *1.3 MegaPixel camera - the camera takes very good pictures and people are very pleased...if you would like to see some sample pictures from the E815 simply go to the thread "E815 pic of the day" you can also send pictures in a txt message..duh
    *Video Camera - the video camera is 176x144 quality and looks 'OK' for a phone, its simply for fun. you can only take 15 second clips with the phones internal memory and send them in a txt message. you can also record up to 3 minutes with your transflash card.
    *External Display - your external display will display the wallpaper that you have on the inside of your phone unlike the v710 and also displays the time :::ALL THE TIME!::: its only 4000 or some colors which isnt that great but what else do u need it to do besides view your battery life and the time?
    *Banner - your banner on the inside of your phone doensn't always stay at what you want it to say. but there is a hack. its stickied for you who would maybe want to do it..

*OVERALL THE MOTORLA E815 IS A GREAT PHONE FOR VERIZON WIRELESS, I'M GUESSING VERIZON LOVES IT TOO BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN IN LIKE 4 OF VERIZONS COMMERCIALS! I HOPE YOU LEARNED SOMETHING FROM MY GUIDE, IM SORRY I DONT HAVE EVERYTHING! BUT THIS TOOK MY LONG ENOUGH TO DO AND HAS SOME MAIN INFORMATION FOR YOU TO ENJOY...UMM IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS YOU CAN ASK AND HOPEFULLY I'LL BE ABLE TO REPLY AND I'M SURE OTHER PEOPLE WILL TRY TO HELP ME REPLY TO YOUR QUESTIONS AND ADD ANYTHING TO THIS GUIDE...ENJOY!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    *BUMP* any feedback?

Device(s)
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

ringers

Quote Originally Posted by Maroot6
    *BUMP* any feedback?

so if i download a ringer and then send it to a fake phone # and open it in my inbox, will i be able to save it to the phone and as contacts/alerts/alarm????

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAP...ab=AllFeedback

ebay feedback above

WELCOME TO THE UNITED STATES OF ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    you would go to your OUTBOX, and im not sure...but it will work as a ringtone

Device(s)
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    you would go to your OUTBOX, and im not sure...but it will work as a ringtone

yea i did it with the v710 new software update and it worked like that, but i wounder if it will work with the E815?? can you try it, i dont have mine till tomorrow!!!

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i dont have my E815 yet either...but im very sure it works with the E815

Feedback Score

You made my day!

Thank you thank you Maroot! I really didn't want to go into hacking into my phone just to get some decent ringtones. I just followed your instructions and it works on my e815 like a dream.

Device(s)
    Moto E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    i dont have my E815 yet either...but im very sure it works with the E815
    hahah... how can you make a "superthread" about the E815 when you don't even own one?

Granted, your information is correct as far as i know

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just know a lot about the E815...cuz when i get mine i'm not planning on hacking it, but hopefully you found my "simple guide" helpfull if you even needed it lol

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by wahine81
    Thank you thank you Maroot! I really didn't want to go into hacking into my phone just to get some decent ringtones. I just followed your instructions and it works on my e815 like a dream.
    I'm glad i could help! I'm also glad that your first post happened to be in my thread! Enjoy!

Device(s)
    IPHONE 4s, 3GS
    Carrier(s)
    NET10
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by wahine81

so were you able to set those ringeres to your contacts???

Device(s)
    Moto E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    I just know a lot about the E815...cuz when i get mine i'm not planning on hacking it, but hopefully you found my "simple guide" helpfull if you even needed it lol
    Actually, it would've been nice to have about a week ago. The methods you mentioned worked wonderfully when I first got my phone.

After hacking it, I can't express how great it is to be able to simply and wirelessly drag full songs and pictures to/from my phone over bluetooth... and it's fast! In addition, it's nice to quickly be able to make ring tones out of these full songs.

Just food for thought

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by KarneDawg3
    Actually, it would've been nice to have about a week ago. The methods you mentioned worked wonderfully when I first got my phone.

After hacking it, I can't express how great it is to be able to simply and wirelessly drag full songs and pictures to/from my phone over bluetooth... and it's fast! In addition, it's nice to quickly be able to make ring tones out of these full songs.

Just food for thought
    sorry it wasn't available for you last week..but it's good you found a way that works for you...this is for people like me that are simple...maybe this thread could become a sticky for a little bit for people who need it...anyone wanna second my sticky request?

Device(s)
    Nokia 6500 classic
    Carrier(s)
    Cingular
    Feedback Score
    This is a great guide for people who don't feel comfortable with seem edits, but don't want to pay $3 for a stupid ringtone.

I skimmed through it and everything looks accurate.

Good work on a great thread.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Flying h4x0r
    This is a great guide for people who don't feel comfortable with seem edits, but don't want to pay $3 for a stupid ringtone.

I skimmed through it and everything looks accurate.

Good work on a great thread.
    thanks!...would you second the sticky?

Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast