Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: E815 Super Thread (for simple people)

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    On an off note, in case anyone wants to modify their Openwave bootscreen, just copy brw_openwave_splash from the rootdirectory of your phone via P2K commander or BitPim, rename it with the extension .GIF on your computer, edit it to what you want it to be and save it, then rename it brw_openwave_splash (without the .GIF), and send it back to your phone, then reboot your phone, and viola! You have a new splash screen for your web browser! If you need a starter GIF just let me know, I have one or two I can send to you. Just send me a PM.

Device(s)
    Palm Pre
    Carrier(s)
    Sprint
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by pmcafee
    On an off note, in case anyone wants to modify their Openwave bootscreen, just copy brw_openwave_splash from the rootdirectory of your phone via P2K commander or BitPim, rename it with the extension .GIF on your computer, edit it to what you want it to be and save it, then rename it brw_openwave_splash (without the .GIF), and send it back to your phone, then reboot your phone, and viola! You have a new splash screen for your web browser! If you need a starter GIF just let me know, I have one or two I can send to you. Just send me a PM.
    I didn't know it had been done by anyone and worked, but I opened it in GIMP and it came up as an image. I'd heard of issues with brw_openwave_splash being corrupted and causing problems so I didn't experiment further. Good to see it works fully.

Device(s)
    Moto X,RAZR M,D4,Bionic, D3, DX,D2G, Pro, Xoom
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Here's one I just threw together, haven't tried to load it yet.
    It's the correct dimensions (176x183 8bpp) but it's 8 kb instead of 4.4.
    Think it will hose my browser?

Edit: Works great! It's brw_splash_en on my Bell phone.

Need a logo for HoFoWave...
    Last edited by kbman; 06-25-2006 at 06:08 PM.
    kbman

Droid RAZR M/HD MSM8960 does HSPA+ on US GSM carriers!

If we knew what we were doing, they wouldn't call it research. - Albert Einstein

Read more, post less.

Device(s)
    Samsung Intercept
    Carrier(s)
    Virgin Mobile USA
    Feedback Score
    I'll attach my screen as well.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Feedback Score
    can anyone just tell me how to get stuff off this phone? i got a cable but it doesnt seem to recognize the phone. its either the NON-OEM cable or my computer...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    Do you have the drivers required for the phone to be seen by your computer?

Cheap TPU cases. Thunderbolt, MT4G, Nexus S (4G) Droid X/X2, DInc 2/S, HTC Sensation, Samsung Infuse, EVO 3D, SGSII

Use coupon code HoFo for 15% OFF your order

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Gensix
    can anyone just tell me how to get stuff off this phone? i got a cable but it doesnt seem to recognize the phone. its either the NON-OEM cable or my computer...
    Along with the good info in the initial post of this thread...

Visit... http://mark.cdmaforums.com

When you get there... use the HOW TO's... as well as the STOCK PHONE link...
    Verizon Wireless Customer Council Member
    Verizon PHONE Hacking Info & How To's click -> HERE, <-- If you have suggestions PM me
    Need Help? PLEASE POST IN THE FORUMS instead of PM'ing me!!
    Read -> An Open Letter to those who PM me for help!

New to forums? -> Posting and you! <-a MUST Watch for all!!

Equipment I Have/USE click here, Phone Labs Dock-N-Talk...

Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    wow i cant believe this thread is still going... but anyway i just read mark venture's post. and yes go to his site please people. its wayyy informative.

Device(s)
    K1M
    Feedback Score
    Thank-you, Maroot6 !!!!!!

I just wanted the star wars Imperial March ringtone on my phone and could not find it anywhere. Your instructions worked great and I did not have to hack my phone.

MUCH APPRECIATED !!!!!

p.s. the Imperial March is for when my work calls - I am on call 24/7 - now I have the dreaded theme song to go with my feelings, he he......

Device(s)
    Personal - Too Many.. see link in my signature
    Carrier(s)
    Personal - Verizon Wireless (CDMA) |
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Maroot6
    wow i cant believe this thread is still going...
    Its still going because its still relavant and contains VERY GOOD INFO!!!

Feedback Score
    hmmm....heres a good question...i had an E815 a few weeks back and this outbox ringtone method worked like a charm. i just recently lost that phone and now i have a new one but it is also an E815....my problem is when i try to insert the ringtone into the message, it kind of just resets back to the MESSAGES screen it like wont let me send a message with an mp3 to anyone, fake or real #.....any ideas? maybe new firmware or something? PS: it will let me send pix in the message but not mp3s...it just resets to the MESSAGE screen....this is soooo weird
    Last edited by kevlight7542; 07-27-2006 at 07:15 PM.

Carrier(s)
    Verizon Wireless
    Feedback Score

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kevlight7542
    hmmm....heres a good question...i had an E815 a few weeks back and this outbox ringtone method worked like a charm. i just recently lost that phone and now i have a new one but it is also an E815....my problem is when i try to insert the ringtone into the message, it kind of just resets back to the MESSAGES screen it like wont let me send a message with an mp3 to anyone, fake or real #.....any ideas? maybe new firmware or something? PS: it will let me send pix in the message but not mp3s...it just resets to the MESSAGE screen....this is soooo weird
    Use a known good ringtone from Mark V's ringtone page and let us know if that works.

Device(s)
    TBolt, DroidX, Incredible, Droid1, Omnia II, HTC Imagio, BB Tour, BB Storm,Touch,Dare,Voyager
    Carrier(s)
    VZW - Headsets:
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Argon180
    lol ... I always forget about that method.
    I just drag and drop them via OBEX - doesn't everyone?

Device(s)
    E815
    Carrier(s)
    Verizon
    Feedback Score
    my e815 is only days out of the box and there is nooption for inserting mp3s into messages in the menu. Also, when I put my tf in the phone with 24 songs loaded on it, only 12 max will show up, even though I have shortened the file names. Is this an evil plot by verizon?

Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast